Help COA

Discussion in 'The College of Arms' started by Lord Hettar Fimbultyr, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

I have no artistic sense what so ever, I have tried for hours with the generator but just cant get anything that I like. Have been looking through the already registered COA many of them are really nice imo, I just cant get anything near it :p

think I read somewhere that I could ask for assistance so here I am.
    At first I wanted a honey badger but that might be hard to make visible I think.
    I will be playing a viking so anything with that theme would be good, I don't really have any ideas even...
    when my mind tries to think out a design it just goes into chaos mode or a total blank

Please help! :)

Side note my avatar is actually my old banner for UO made by someone on that forum, been using it for like a decade because I'm totally incapable of making anything my self o_O

Solazur likes this.
  2. Ronan

Ronan Avatar

Viking arms were very simple. What are two of your favorite colors? Do you tend more to the basic brute or have a sophistication about you character?
    Favorite northern animal...think ocean life also.
    Once you give me something to play with it will take a bit to get to get to a design. I have 3 or 4 others waiting.

Lord Hettar Fimbultyr likes this.
  3. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

Favourite colours would be royal purple, second doesn't matter that much, what ever goes good with it I guess.
    all my characters are total brutes :p
    Wolverines are cool animals, had no idea that was their name in English :D also a fan of moose/brown bear/ wolf but kinda boring for a coat of arms I think (since so many use them) moose could be a good choice since its kind of a symbol for Sweden, if wolverine is too hard to do.
    I actually don't find ocean life very interesting, I like to think my viking character only goes to sea because of riches but actually prefer main land,

No need to rush the design I'm happy as long as someone other than me is working on it ;)

Ronan likes this.
  4. Ronan

Ronan Avatar

Hmmm, moose as in European or American (scientific name would help) there are major differences.

Lord Hettar Fimbultyr likes this.
  5. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

"Alces alces" I think it was named cant find it now though :/ the on found here in Sweden, Europe but if possible I would like the "Gulo gulo". either is good but as ranking goes the elk comes second :)

Gulo Gulo in swedish has the same name as the word 'bold' thought it go good with a brute ^^

edit: spelled a bit differently I think.... I'm not very good at my own languageo_O pronounced the same though.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
    Bones13 [MGT] and Ronan like this.
  6. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

Hi @Ronan

Just checking to see if there's been any progress, I see from the forums that you guys are probably quite busy though ;p

7. Ronan

Ronan Avatar

8. Jack Knyfe

Jack Knyfe Avatar

Perhaps something like this? (colors and device are mockups)

[​IMG]

the top is murrey, the bottom is gris, and the device is brunatre with argent fimbriation.

9. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

@Ronan Alrighty!
    I have faith you will make it awesome :) if possible could you make him show his teeth? looking all vicious heh, other than that I'm staying out of design. Project all in your hands best of luck.

had a look at your to do list, DAMN BOY. I wouldn't schedule that much for a year even :p

Ronan and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  10. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

Hello @Ronan are you still active? I my self has been away for a few months.
    Just wanted to check if there's been any progress on my COA still no stress though, rather get it right since i wouldn't be able to do a new one myself :p it's for life this piece of art you know! :D

11. Ronan

Ronan Avatar

Lord Fimbultyr,
    I'm still hanging around :)
    The CoA is currently restructuring and shifting over to a new artistic style more indicative of the historical arms you are familiar with. I have been redrawing many, many charges the past few weeks.
    Thank you for bringing this back to the surface. Gulo gulo will be on the list. I have completed over 250 images, but still have a way to go.

12. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

Yeah I saw your plate before, more than I would take on in a life time ;) just wanted to let you know I'm still here so you didn't drop it :)

Ronan likes this.