Help finding a town lot?

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Vaentorian, Apr 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vaentorian

Vaentorian Localization Team

I've decided to use my lot deed before the wipe and have a play with houses and basements, maybe try out the reward crafting tables etc.

First question is: does anyone have a vacant spot I could occupy for a couple of weeks? :D

I've realised I know less about POTs than I thought I did, so if someone could fill in some blanks for me, or point me at a handy reference, that would be great.
    - are POT lots always directly controlled by the governor, or do they have an option to make them open access?
    - other than finding the governor on the forums/in game and asking them directly, how would one request a space in their POT?
    - is there an easy way to find town criers, since they don't always hover by the scene entrance and there are so many different (and huge) templates now?

I'm a bit late to the house party but looking forward to having a proper home from July!

2. Selene

Selene Avatar

-Are POT lots always directly controlled by the governor, or do they have an option to make them open access?

Governors have the option to make it so anyone can claim a lot in their town, or they can assign them to just one person. My town, Silverthorn, is open access and has town lots available. There are many other towns who are likely to chime in as well, so you should have some options on a location.

- other than finding the governor on the forums/in game and asking them directly, how would one request a space in their POT?
    That is a mixed bag. There is not a direct request system in the game. Some people have a public chest where people can drop notes. When you enter a POT, it shows the governor's name at the top, so you can always add them to your friend list and request membership in their town when they are online if you find one you really like. Others advertise here in the forums with their spaces available. Another good way is to ask guildmates and friends where they live to get recommendations.

- is there an easy way to find town criers, since they don't always hover by the scene entrance and there are so many different (and huge) templates now?

They are in the same place for all the towns of a template. In the paxlair model (and it's variants), that is by the docks in the "downtown area" that is to the left from the entry point. In the grasslands, it is also near a dock, downriver from the lake, in others they are by the entrance. There doesn't seem to be a fixed place for all of them, but once you know where it is for that biome, it is consistent.

Leelu, Ravenclaw, Budner and 3 others like this.
  3. Vaentorian

Thanks Selene! :) I was confused by entering areas which were superficially similar (same hills, roads and so on) but some had a town crier nearby and others didn't - if they're different for snow/swamp/grass/desert biomes and so on, that might be why!

Leelu likes this.
  4. Womby

Womby Avatar

@Vaentorian I can place a temporary marker for you (until the next wipe) on the Isle of Ghosts if you like. It is located north of Spindrift Island, between Brittany and PaxLair.

Leelu and SeleneNoctua like this.
  5. Vaentorian

@Womby thanks for the offer, a few people have already been in touch but if I don't manage to find a place I'll drop you a line!

Leelu and Whyterose Flowers like this.
  6. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

This is one of my concerns. I would like there to be a way to contact Governors (Or anyone really) when they're offline. I'm hoping for the promised Mail system. Then, knowing the Governor's name, one can simply drop them a note in the mail.

niteowl57, uziraff, Manerd and 5 others like this.
  7. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

There definitely needs to be a universal method to reach a governor or other person with access.

Leelu likes this.
  8. Odyssey2001

Odyssey2001 Avatar

I open lots in Veger, Its accessed via wagon in Desolis.. :)

Leelu likes this.
  9. Odyssey2001

Odyssey2001 Avatar

Agreed. when I first joined I too was looking for a place and had a heck of a time finding a place..
    There needs to be a way of contacting both the Gov and the Tenant..

Leelu likes this.
  10. Odyssey2001

Odyssey2001 Avatar

I too would like to see the option to move the town crier to better location.. My own Pot's crier is a the dock and entry to the pot is by the bridge so users who enter do not see the crier and could have trouble locating him..

My markers are open for this reason so there is no reason at the moment for the crier but once it fills up I hope to be able to relocate him..

Leelu likes this.
  11. Selene

Selene Avatar

The criers are static so governors can't pick up the crier and hide it somewhere so people can't access the local bank and get their items back if they are evicted. I do agree they should be in a clear and consistent spot, preferably near the zone in, however, so people know where to look.

Leelu likes this.
  12. Vaentorian

I know some people would prefer to have it near the housing/centre of town so they don't have to run to the outskirts for the bank, which is fair enough. Simple solution to my mind is have one fixed crier near the entrance, and another which can be freely placed by the governor: doesn't matter if it gets hidden because there's another accessible near the entrance. Of course in reality it may not be so simple to implement.

Leelu and SeleneNoctua like this.
  13. Odyssey2001

Odyssey2001 Avatar

How about just a button you can press that will locate him with the compass ( like we have for lots ). This is already in the game so it would be easy to implement and this way we can the ability to move the crier where we want, and there would be little advantage to hiding the crier like "SeleneNoctua" mentioned..

Leelu likes this.
  14. Selene

Selene Avatar

I really think being able to move him would be a nice feature, as you say, so I hate to be devil's advocate, but, that still wouldn't stop a town owner from surrounding the crier with castle walls and no gate, so you could not reach it. Where they are located now are near water or entrances in spaces that cannot be built on (and therefore can't be boxed in).

Leelu likes this.
  15. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Rather than moving them, I rather like the Town Crier being actually in town, what about making them a Point of Interest that appears on your compass when you enter the scene, without having to 'discover' it first?

niteowl57, Mata, Womby and 1 other person like this.
  16. Selene

Selene Avatar

I think it would be really great if, when we get a choice of entry point, we can also designate the crier to be at that entrance. That way people travelling in from the map would be able to find the crier easily.

Solstar likes this.
  17. Odyssey2001

Odyssey2001 Avatar

well just like there is forum rules and also game rules this could be one of them.. all a player has to do is inform the devs that a Gov is purposely hiding their cirer to prevent a player from accessing their stuff and the Gov faces a temporary ban.. ( first offense is 3 days ban, second is 1 week ban, etc.. )

Now I dought that someone whom has put in the amount of money for a pot

18. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

I can see the Dev's changing the crier's location relative to the entrance point. In Dynamic towns, governors will be able to select from a small number of entrance locations, so it would make sense if the criers were tied to that. In static, they could conceivably be anywhere.

Exactly.

And it would be a "simple" matter to make it so that nothing can be built around the land at each of the potential entry points.

Leelu likes this.
  19. Odyssey2001

Odyssey2001 Avatar

I think both of your ideas are good and should be implemented..

1: Having the option to put crier in a few designated locations. ( including entrance to pot)
    2: Making it a point of interest in the compass.

niteowl57 and Leelu like this.
  20. Selene

Selene Avatar

I think that would be a great option, too. However, with such a small team (who all wear so many hats), if the wait for things like account transfers/town transfers is any indication, the response time on something like that might take a while... the person might get tired of waiting for their things and walk away frustrated.

Womby likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.