Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Help the Squires quest in South Drachvald Spur

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Patchup, Mar 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patchup

Patchup Avatar

Help the Squires quest in South Drachvald Spur
    2. Unable to reproduce due to quest completion.
    3. Yes, potentially blocking from completing quest
    4. The problem is in two parts. First, I collected 11 lucky leather then went to squires. I gave the first squire 2 lucky leather. The transaction did not complete. I had to cancel and ESC t back out. After this I had only 9 lucky leather in my inventory, the stack was in red letters, and I could no longer move or break the stack when talking to the squires. I logged off for the night. Today I logged in and my leather was back to the original count. I was able to give lucky leather to all the squires. I moved the entire stack each time, with the stack reducing in number as expected. Second, I had a problem getting the Mentor to acknowledge completion of the quest. I used all the key words, including typing in DONE. During the second NPC interaction I types in Hello and then the acknowledgement was triggered.
    Win 10
    Intel i7 64bit 8GB
    NVidia GeForce GTX 980
    Western Digital 500GB 7200RPM 16MBCache SATA Drive
    Western Digital 1TB 7200RPM 64MBCache SATA Drive
    Logitech Mouse G600
    Logitech Keyboard G110
    Monitor Asus VS238 (Left)
    Monitor Asus VS238 (Right)
    Logitech Realtek Speakers
    FiFine Microphone

2. Azhai

Azhai Avatar

1.-3. and 5. see post above

4. Here some detailed info how it happened in my case:

When i opened the dialogue with the first squire, i used the Shift-drag to get the little window where i can set the number of items to drag over. I selected 2 from the total of 11. After having 2 Lucky Leather in the "Items to Give" list, i was _not_ able to close the trade window by clicking the "Give Items" button, i exited the window by using the Esc key. I did not use the "Cancel" button as I experienced in an other trade, that using Esc might still finish the transaction. As expected, my inventory now showed only 9 entries, but the item name in red letters.

When i opened dialogue and trade window with the next squire, i was not able to Shift-Drag no drag the complete stack over to the "Items to Give" list. The quest is blocked from here, at least without relogging.

6. User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 32709
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 GPU RAM: 3949
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.743.Date.03.01.18
    Area: Novia_R5_Hills01_Road
    Area Display Name: South Drachvald Spur
    Loc: (232.0, 43.0, -356.1)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjVfSGlsbHMwMV9Sb2FkfHwoMjMxLjk4OCwgNDIuOTc2LCAtMzU2LjExOCl8KDAsIDAuOTA2LCAwLCAwLjQyMyl8LTIzNC40NjEzfDI2LjMxMDl8OC4zNTMyNTQ=

Update:
    After logging in and out dragging the complete stack in the trade windows, i was able to finish the quest.
    Different then before, I was now able to use the "give Item's" button and now I got a message about getting 100 XP after closing the trade window with each squire.
    In my case the Soldier gave the reward as soon as i opened dialogue with him, the quest got closed and i got the follow up quest "Talk to Preben".

Maybe just a problem if someone tries to realy give only 2 Lucky Leather to the squires?

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.