Heraldry hangout with Adiun, anyone?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Adiun Tesserande, Oct 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adiun Tesserande

Adiun Tesserande Avatar

In keeping with the continued interest of the community in the topic, I've decided I'd like to start hosting a weekly Google+ Hangout about it. At present, I'd like to hold one on Wednesday evening, 30 October 2013, at 8pm Eastern Daylight Time [0100 31Oct2013 UTC]. If anyone is interested, please contact me either here or in my inbox!

Brando likes this.
  2. CaptainJackSparrow

CaptainJackSparrow Avatar

Oh yeah, I am so in on this.

3. Athyrio

Athyrio Avatar

Contact@@@

4. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

Aduin, any chance you can archive the hangout?

5. Joviex

Joviex Avatar

Just to clarify, What would be the focus as it applies to SoTA?

More a discussion about the subject, or speculation on what the system will be?

Just trying to get a handle on how much information already exists from P versus speculating what we think it will be/want.

6. Kilhwch

Kilhwch Avatar

I'm interested, though being on the West Coast I'd still be at work. I can pop in via text-mode, however.

7. Adiun Tesserande

Adiun Tesserande Avatar

My goal at this point is simply to give an idea of the state of heraldry in the game, where my experience with the topic lies and what I know about it, and ideas of what we can do with it. I also intend to bring to light what it is the College of Arms is intended to do, at least from the point of view of those of us making it up.

I'm hoping also, if anyone is interested, in a bit of a history lesson and a rundown of the rules of heraldry as they historically existed, as well as the original purpose of the art. And I've got books to show off as well, if anyone finds they'd like me to do that.

As for archiving this, I'd love to, but I'm afraid I lack the technical knowledge of how I would go about that. If someone could help me on that front, that would be great.

8. Umbrae

Umbrae Avatar

If the hangout is done on Google+ and YouTube then is should auto-archive and be available on your page. Never done it myself, but never seen one not archived. What's done on Google stays on Google... FOREVER! :)

9. Adiun Tesserande

Adiun Tesserande Avatar

Okay, that should help. I'm not certain I've merged my Google+ and YouTube accounts, but I think I have. I know I started appearing as Adiun Tesserande on YouTube after I set up my Google+ account, and I know I'd had a different name there before.

10. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

Don't you have to have 100 subscribers to have it archived on youtube? I'll have to check into it. I've only got 39 subscribers.

(I checked. After the hangout, the broadcast can appear on youtube whether you have subscribers or not. To do a live stream, you need 100 subscribers.)

11. Adiun Tesserande

Adiun Tesserande Avatar

That puts you about thirty-eight ahead of me.

12. Umbrae

Umbrae Avatar

Well that would suck. But yeah everyone I would have seen archiving would have quite a few followers.

Guess we could start a King of Arms Subscriber Drive. :)

Sir Frank likes this.
  13. Maximus Katse

Maximus Katse Avatar

It would be nice but I canned Google+ after the most recent term changes unfortunately. :/

Jerks.

14. Sir Seir

Sir Seir Avatar

You could move over to good old Twitch.tv and work from there.

15. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Per Learn More about Hangouts on Air:
    It should happen automagically.

Umbrae likes this.
  16. NirAntae

NirAntae Avatar

While I would love to be there, as you know, it's just a touch early for me to be able to commit to (barring disaster, obviously).

Is there any chance of moving it an hour later, since there are at least two people who are interested but with scheduling conflicts?

17. Knoxinn

Knoxinn Avatar

Since we spoke last in the chat (and I hope you had a great con :) ), I've looked at literally hundreds of shields. I was greatly intrigued by heraldy, how it worked, and what various charges meant (See? I was paying attention :p ). I even began work on several prototypes for my own shield. And then...the Founder hammer came down.

Since I am not a Founder...no shield for me. Maybe after "post-launch or in a future Episode." Some think I should have to pay for it as well. o_O Soooo...you know, that's taken a bit of wind out of the heraldric sails for me. Such is life I guess...

Anyway, when you speak of the rules of heraldry as they historically existed, can please touch upon how you envision Gallo-British heraldry combining with other types such as German-Nordic or Eastern European heraldry for SotA. Good luck with the Hangout and have fun.

I've seen most if not all your videos. Short, to the point, and quite informative. I haven't subscribed because I really only watch them, or any other youtube video, through my smart TV (no option to subscribe or to "like"). Perhaps other people are doing the same thing. It seems like you should have many more subscribers from here. Maybe mention "PvP" more and you'll get a few thousand by Thursday. :D

18. Adiun Tesserande

Adiun Tesserande Avatar

Knoxinn, please do come to the chat. I think you'll like it.

19. Lord_Toast

Lord_Toast Avatar

I'm unable to attend, so have fun! And never forget the Storyline!!

20. Knoxinn

Knoxinn Avatar

I appreciate the invite, but time-wise, it's impossible. I volunteer for a local Great Dane rescue and a foster couple is having problems with a new Dane. I have to do a little dog-whispering :rolleyes:......:D...and that can take up quite a bit of time.

Besides...video-chats aren't my thing. I have a face for radio and a voice for print. So... :p...have a great time and "learn 'um up" on heraldry. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.