HERES HOW TO IMPROVE TRADE IN POT's

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by flytripper, Apr 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flytripper

flytripper Avatar

Ultima Online released VENDOR SEARCH,,, that sucks ,, too easy and ruined game economy,,, BUT......WHAT IF..... a player makes a post on in-game trade channel... we could right click his name and teleport to there store directly, (considering you have a port scroll) maybe even new type of scrolls the COTO store could sell us.

This would solve confusion problems and not ruin the game with easy search for lowest priced. I like not knowing everything thats available.. makes it more custom ..

FLYTRIPPER
    nested in CRAFTER'S TOWN SOUTH ZONE

2. flytripper

flytripper Avatar

if there is confusion about where to teleport , make it where the vendor BIND ed his toon, so i could advertise my home spot when im somewhere else

3. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Baloney !

UO had no "economy" for years because of Luna and the vendors there had a 3rd party website that listed all THEIR goods and nobody else's. You were wasting your time having a vendor outside of Luna or out in the country, since peeps could look for what they needed and how much it cost on that 3rd party website for all the Luna vendors only.

The VENDOR SEARCH was brought into the game because the game was losing far too many players that had no way to compete with Luna's 3rd party vendor search.

The people who took the biggest hit when that happened, were those Luna vendors that had it so good for so many years because their "listings" where there for all to find.

Once VENDOR SEARCH was brought in, then FINALLY people living outside of Luna could finally compete in the market.
    So, you don't like the idea of people being able to do an ingame universal search to find what they're looking for ? That sounds a lot like what the Luna vendors in UO said when VENDOR SEARCH was finally introduced and people FINALLY could search ALL VENDORS and not just the ones in Luna.

The best thing Port could do for this game, would be to implement a UNIVERSAL VENDOR SEARCH.
    Then, FINALLY, we might just be able to HAVE AN ECONOMY that works for ALL.

4. Senash Kasigal

Senash Kasigal Avatar

I agree with Frostll.
    It was a necessary move that brought back customers to Vendors outside of Luna.
    It did not destroy the economy. It helped.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
  5. flytripper

flytripper Avatar

that just brings us back to, whoever has the most real life money advances ! I worked for months to get my TANGLE, but some noob can buy one with cash.. Playing Ultima use to be like a good book, every chapter were surprised, challenged , and emotional. But now every book chapter /update is i just bought the newest clothes blah blah blah....

How about next update your adding storyline and challenges not just a cool house or new clothes patterns.

Add some real challenges where everyone has to actually play there role right

give us RPG goals like gotta defeat this guy to advance to next boss, ect...NOT got to scrape up alot cottos to buy a new deco.

I love the social enviorment on SOTA but It seems the game isnt going anywhere twords the world of lord british, its going for youtube veiws and profit.

If i just want to spend money and socialize ill log on facebook, We need a game created by ARTIST's not a marketing department. If It wasn't for some awsome players creating in game events there would be nothing to talk about but new store items.

Your probly saying, "If you dont like It leave FLY" but I had alot of hope here. customisation is great, every player can be one of a kind but whats our goal? Earn or buy cottos for next deco update!

6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes I agree we do need those aspects you mention too otherwise the game has no depth to it but just because the game hasn't done a good job up to this point in reason to progress to the next goal other than mostly grinding for items does not mean it won't. Once you have done a goal there is nothing implemented to keep the progression going. We truly need to upgrade our systems with progression goals and reason to continue built in.

One way would be achievements and progressive tasks we are missing and another is the continuous rewards and discoveries from being good at something. Putting the main recipes in the loot table took away so much of this option from crafting. That was a huge mistake imo. Recipes in loot should just be special little things not basic recipes even though they have become a gold sink I was against it.

So I vote for a lot more reason to play and reason to keep playing coming into the game. I don't mean reason to grind for items even though we can't help but have that aspect too since this game is a sandbox.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
  7. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

What does any of this ^^^^^ have to do with your OP ? @flytripper

Barugon likes this.
  8. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Sure add a Global Vendor Search, but that will not change anything for POTs.

If your POT is not getting visits and your vendor is not selling it is the fault of the proprietor, not the system

9. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

10. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

And if we had a universal vendor search it could mention location for players to go visit those locations. More reason to go to areas.

FrostII and Dawgs of War like this.
  11. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

extent the api that it allows to buy and sell things. deliver it directly to the players in-game mailbox.
    create a website like amazon. call it "sotazon"

qol changes: make it so, that items in your inventory / mailbox can be directly listed in "sotazon" using the api.
    (no loading screens, no need to login anymore (for some))

may ask https://shroudoftheavatar.net/sotaItemPriceList for help

who ever want to play the game can still use vendors.............

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.