Heritage item storage

Discussion in 'Feedback Archive' started by Barugon, Mar 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Currently, heritage items (and other non-tradeables) don't count against bank space... as long as they're not in a sub-container.

This needs to be fixed. As it is, I either have to sift through craploads of unorganized items or run out of bank space trying to organize stuff. This is the biggest deterrent for me to buy heritage items.

Wilfred, Retlaw, Lazarus Long and 2 others like this.
  2. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

I simply don't buy them. At all.

Yes, there are a few I'm interested in. Then I remember I can't put them into chests or containers at all. If I recall correctly, even containers in a bank were an issue.

Rather than swim up stream, I'm waiting for Port/Nip to resolve it. Hopefully.

Waiting patiently.

Anpu, Barugon and Lazarus Long like this.
  3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I bought a couple heritage items. For instance, I could spend 25,200 crowns ($252) for a keep size dragon statue that's not heritage or I could spend 975 crowns ($9.75) for a keep size dragon statue that's heritage... and has flames!

Of course I'm gonna get the one with flames, duh. :)

Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
    Sentinel2 and AoiBlue like this.
  4. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

Understood. I'm thinking there has to be a middle ground somewhere. I know we can store Heritage items in the bank now without impact. That could be a lot of items to scroll through. If we could put them in a bag or chest then I believe would satisfy people.

Hopefully :D

5. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Not counting against total isn't a full solution, it still contributes to load time and clutter.
    WTB craftable heritage storage box that can store heritage items as well as anything else you want to put it in it, but is automatically flagged as private.
    let me organize my things again please....;x

6. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

Agreed. I was thinking we needed heritage storage chests of some sort.

kaeshiva and Wilfred like this.
  7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It would be great if there was a way to set a container to "private", so we could put no-trade items in it.

kaeshiva and Sentinel2 like this.
  8. Wilfred

Wilfred Avatar

Storage for Heritage items would be an improvement.
    But really most of the items currently marked as Heritage should not be.
    Heritage should only be used for re-release of exclusive rares.
    Freedom to trade anything you want is one of the features that makes SotA so amazing.

CICI and Dollar Bill like this.
  9. AoiBlue

AoiBlue Avatar

I think it would be nice if heritage items could be stored in a chest that is marked "Private" for add/remove items.

Either that or simply tag them with the player so they can't be removed by anyone else.

10. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings all
    I just tested to see if Heritage items count in bank or in container in bank. As noted by @Barugon they do not count if loose in bank but do count if in a container. I have a Wooden Storage chest that I store Heritage and No Trade in so it sorts easier and i agree this needs to be changed. Even if it only applies to a container in my bank. A better option would be to make Heritage and No Trade items not count where ever you put them in the bank. I agree that Heritage and No Trade items need to be counted when placed other places, imagine a lot with thousands of Heritage and No Trade items not counting toward you lot total but still affecting performance. I can also verify if you make a container private that you have placed on a lot it still will not take Heritage and No Trade items.

It seems like it would be an "easy" thing to change. There is already a test for Heritage and No Trade items in bank or container in bank just add a second test to see if the container holding the Heritage and No Trade items is in the bank also. :: easy to think about hopefully easy to program.

Edit: Yes @Sentinel2, I would buy a Heritage chest that could be placed in bank or on lot that would only hold Heritage and No Trade items and not count toward inventory. Only the chest would have to have flags the Heritage and No Trade would be normal.

Barugon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.