Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Hey come join us to kill this boss... what level are you?

Discussion in 'Release 29 Feedback Forum' started by SabeSr, May 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SabeSr

SabeSr Avatar

Lets say I need a few people to come along with me to kill something... I need them to be around level 50...

Being that the game is trying to stay away from a class based system with no real level... how do I determine if someone is even able to go along? level 10 decides he will join with level 100's to kill a dragon... scrub!

There needs to be a way to sort people out... a level or a gear system (which is another point, will a level 1 person be able to strap on Epic gear? why? I worked hard to get to higher level gear whats that to boast about... everyone has it)

Also grouping systems, are they in process? Can I jump in a waiting list to join with people around my skill to go run Graff Mines?

Frankly I'm sad there isn't a leveling system, I have ALWAYS enjoyed breaking a new level and learning something new... opening up new skills or spells or attack methods I earned hard. Seeing my health and stats jump up one based on where I've spent my training the last level... but I don't know if that's how they are making the game which appears more and more that way I'm going to be sad...

2. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

Well its just levels instead of level.

If done smartly youd be looking for skill level of the major skills for each role.
    you know you would need at least level 50 in a weapon to even hurt it, so ud expect your tank to have at least lvl 50 defection.
    or im sure you could look at peoples base str/dex/int. Its a bit more complex then shouting for a lvl 67 Mage but i dont really enjoy that type of grouping anyway.

Moiseyev Trueden, Net and Time Lord like this.
  3. SabeSr

SabeSr Avatar

So we will be able to see everyone else skill tree's?

Well that kind of ruins PVP doesn't it?

Time Lord likes this.
  4. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

uh no, but u can examine people currently and see their str/dex/int

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Net

Net Avatar

Well, you can see people health and focus bar which is good indiucator of level (and gear). Anyway, I prefer if stats are hidden and you have to see for yourself if someone is useful to the group.

Also level 1 players will have hard time to get epic gear, it is not cheap and requires materials from rather dangerous zones.

6. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

Please do not let this game become like WoW where someone is kicked from a group because their gear is not all purple.

I'd prefer to play with people, get to know them, and see first hand how effective they are.

7. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

You can kinda guess what's their adv level based on the HP.

Xail, Time Lord and Montaigne like this.
  8. SabeSr

SabeSr Avatar

Ok how does that work if someone, like me has spread their xp over a wide range... vs the person who has done only one skill area non stop.

I could be maxed out 120 in swords and heavy armor or I could be 60 in spells and light armor...

I just would like to know how we are going to judge and if there will be a grouping system for random groups.

Time Lord likes this.
  9. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Don't do PUGs...

Net, Lazlo and Time Lord like this.
  10. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

~I Totally Agreed! PUGs Are Evil~:rolleyes:!'
    I'm trying one this release and it's a real pain, yet makes no sense at all unless our program supports it, and we don't know yet if it will. I believe that PUGs will upset our economy because of their unpredictable nature in the quantities they can produce, especially when it comes to larger sizes than village. I've found that it's possible to have as many as (and possibly more) some 1000 plants in a 5 story stone and timber town size basement.
    That's not counting the 2 other 5 story village basements I have. That's what I've been checking out...
    They're stable economy killers!
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

Net likes this.
  11. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

<blink> PUG => Pick Up Group... Grouping with random other Avatars you don't know.

KuBaTRiZeS and Time Lord like this.
  12. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

~Yep~:(
    Posted that on the wrong thread... I was busy commenting in a PM, and also attempting to respond to another of @SabeSr 's posts on gardening, while also checking out this thread. But that PUG (player underground gardening) hit a spot with me I had in Dev+ about how to limit their upsetting economic impact... ;)
    Hey, but it works both ways aye? :D
    Thanks @Rufus D`Asperdi ... I had just stuck myself into too many time dimensions... or should I say "dementia" o_O

Moiseyev Trueden and Acred like this.
  13. SabeSr

SabeSr Avatar

You can't grow inside, apparently you need sunlight... you can only germinate, but you can then move the bed outside and plants conitinue to grow... a bug that needs fixing, once you pick up the bed to move it outside it should clear the bed of all planted seeds.

Time Lord likes this.
  14. Net

Net Avatar

What? I usually plant seeds inside and then move plants outside to grow up? It is safer to let them germinate inside as the outside is rather hostile environment.

Time Lord likes this.
  15. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

~A Continuing Dementia~:confused:
    I had heard that they just take a very long time to grow that way and I'm too short... o_O

:oops: I just love this video the Caverns Guild did taking a giant troll on the boss location thread...
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...ocations-of-current-bosses.51118/#post-561316

I recently was invited to live in their town of "Neath", located just east of Brittany...

:oops: I think our YouTube Boss Taking Videos do our game's advertisement so much good. Here's Jobe's...
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/solo-dragon-sonata-video.48372/

It took a long time for my above ground plants all to grow. They're all in full bloom now, all close to 1000 of them. I haven't calculated grow times for above ground, underground POTs planting. maybe I'll head over to Neath because that place is an underground POT right now, but switching to an above ground mountain bio come R30, yet they'll also be keeping an underground POT there as well by that ~Time~ I think...

I think I've demented this thread off the OP enough... sorry @SabeSr :( ... I just like your posts ;)!'

16. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

While your adv level has an impact on your chance to hit, your skills also have a large impact on your hit chance. And many spells always hit reguardless of level i think, its mostly weapons that are affected. If your level 100 and your skill is 10, your not gonna hitthat bossoften at all. Hit chance also is never 0, you ALWAYS at the very least have your crit chanceas a chance to hit.

Adventure level has no direct effect on anything other than hit chance and the margine for that is very wide. (About 30 levels i think)

And theres currently no intention to have a auto-grouping feature. They want you to have to meet up with people yourself.

Time Lord likes this.
  17. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Whats a pug?

Net and Time Lord like this.
  18. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

~That One Was a First for Me Too~
    @Rufus D`Asperdi says a PUG is a "Pick Up Group"
    and I use PUG as a "Player Underground Garden" like for basement gardening...

19. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

I was thinking player underground something but knew it had to reference grouping

Time Lord likes this.
  20. SabeSr

SabeSr Avatar

PUG = Pick Up Group

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.