Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Hey Darkstarr - I want something

Discussion in 'Release 16 Feedback' started by Myrcello, Apr 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

Darkstarr...

it occured to me today what i have been missing.

I want a Cannibal Town!

2. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

That should really be the starter town when you think about it.

"Hello [New Player], welcome to New Britannia. Please make yourself at home. Here, have some salt!"

3. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Man eating plants is all you get. If you're lucky it could be a gateway plant.

4. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

This is all one big joke, until you're next on the menu. Trust me on this most MMO gamers would make a holiday feast for the cannibal family dinner. Festivus eats the best of us.

5. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

Where is Ravicus when you need him?

6. coder1024

coder1024 Avatar

and then everyone would eat each other and the game would be over... cannibalism doesn't exactly encourage a sustainable population in game :)

7. Sir_Hemlock

Sir_Hemlock Avatar

I want a cannibal towne too.

Shrunken head trophies, and elven blood broth.

8. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Only sounds like fun to me if it is integrated as a dynamic town event. Something like a horde of really hungry zombies invading a town on some random schedule looking for players.

9. TheMadHermit

TheMadHermit Avatar

Avatars... It's what's for dinner.

10. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    Woot loving this thread! First time I seen it just now! Sorry Busy in real life but yes, I want a Cannibal Town also! Muhahahhaahha! I am gathering sources in my off time to find cannibal references in the ultima series. Here is a tidbit from U VII

- from Key to the Black Gate (Ultima VII)

Wrong

Built centuries ago as a
    collection of three prisons, Wrong is
    still filled with a variety of inhuman
    guardians and their horded treasures.
    The southernmost dungeon was never
    completed, and is therefore the
    smallest and least dangerous.

My original reason for
    exploring these labyrinthine tunnels
    was a rumor I had heard involving a
    cannibalistic jailer who cared more for
    the flesh of his prisoners than the
    baubles they carried. A word of advice
    to any who enter the northern cavern:
    a terrible liche has made his home
    there, and woe to any who trespass.

And also some what related, And especially for Vampires:

MY JOURNAL
    by Maleccio

I was born and raised in the city of Moonshade, a foe of Vasculio. Then I was taken to this place, where I am a prisoner of He Who Was Dead -- Vasculio.

Vasculio survives beyond death! He doth drink blood out of the living to keep himself alive. Hence his great thirst for fresh blood. His corpse is animated by means of spells and the Forbidden Reagent. I am his prisoner, fettered worse than a wild beast; manacled by mine hands and feet by day and by night. My blood is so vital to him that he is afraid I could break away. How could I in this cage. At times, I feel like survival is a meaningless word. I am exhausted. He hath been awakening me at all hours of the already too short night, thereby robbing me of mine all too brief night's slumber.

This week I managed to write more. I feel better than last month but still weak.

All through these interminable weeks in this cage, I have suffered from chronic weariness.

I do not believe escape is possible. I have seen Death face to face and she hath seen me. I am more than ever determined to continue to struggle for survival, for this is the primary instinct of the animal.

The following week: I am losing track of time. I can track seven day periods but do not seem to recall any other relevant information; seasons and days are not part of my realm. Like life, they escape me. Am I less than an animal? This deranged mage, frantically seeking the lost secrets of Ophidian magic, certainly treats me as such. Actually, I do not feel anything anymore. I may live like an animal, but in my mind I am a man. I still think and write, therefore I exist. If this journal survives me and thou art reading it, regardless of the time elapsed, then I am alive. I am alive because my thoughts are alive.

Today, fifth day of this present week, I am going to tell thee more about the twisted Vasculio. He boasts that his magical powers are too great to be defeated by mere mortals. I have to tell thee that he was executed in Moonshade for practicing spells too diabolical for Man. His powerful magic allowed him to continue living as a liche.

Also, I shall share this with thee, so that thou mayest make good use of it: Remember that no information hath value until thou dost test it.

My words, hereunder, will guide thine understanding. Vasculio hath been experimenting with eternal life theories. Once, he stumbled upon a magic formula which, when used with the blood of an innocent, allowed a dead body to live longer. Moments before his execution he intoned the spell to keep his body living. Later he escaped from his coffin and travelled to Skullcrusher.

Why Skullcrusher, thou askest? The answer is simply because he knew there was a second source for Stoneheart. Stoneheart is the prime ingredient of Bloodspawn, here in these caverns.

There is also another important reason. Vasculio knew that his enemies, the Mages of Moonshade, would never follow him here.

Seventh day of the present week: This undying sorcerer doth spend his time researching new spells. He is convinced that great magical secrets lie beyond the sealed entrances. He detects great power and magic in these areas. Vasculio hath not been able to locate the Grand Shrine within the great labyrinth beneath the Skullcrusher Peaks. I could tell thee that he stores provisions to support his allies, the man-eating Gwani. But this is not out of charity for them, for he also lives on with their blood. At this point I must stop writing for I can hear Vasculio howling in the tunnels. This is a sign that he is coming for me once more...

11. Umbrae

Umbrae Avatar

12. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

Proper attire for this village:
    [​IMG]

13. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Perfect! All I want is a finished game. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.