Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Hey, what happened to my health???

Discussion in 'Release 42 Feedback Forum' started by JohnL, May 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnL

JohnL Avatar

I played release 41 this morning and my health score was 520. Looged on to release 42 this afternoon and my health is only 483? What's happened????

Although I don't remember exactly, my strength, dexterity and intelligence scores look about the same as before and according to SOTAHUD I am still a level 70.

What's happened?

2. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

In the release notes:

3. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

4. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

Also, remember that this hit all players and all creatures as well. Two goals, make combat go quicker AND make level less of a factor in health as we continue to try to level the playing field.

5. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

Health was nerfed.

Barugon likes this.
  6. Gurney2

Gurney2 Avatar

@Chris Combat quicker??? When you have to run away out of combat during one minute because you have no focus ??!! You call that faster combat?

zyxe likes this.
  7. Frederick Glasgow

Frederick Glasgow Avatar

OK, I know what you are really saying,but if you read your description,you are describing combat that was faster. :) I know, I know,please don't hate me.

8. zyxe

zyxe Avatar

It's not really quicker when you have to run from or kite lots of battles as a melee character because you're just about to die after inner strength drops and you're doing way less damage, waiting for it to pop up on a dynamic deck (due to it now being only half its previous duration, or about a minute at level 51), archers hit you with near perfect accuracy, everything is critting you and the enemies' max HP hasn't dropped nearly as much as your own!

I'd like to know exactly which playing field you're leveling :p

One of my main issues with the combat is that I worked hard to grind, grind, grind my way out of 2-skull areas, which were getting EXTREMELY boring after a few months. I finally could do OK in a 3-skull area (without spiders or too many archers) and have a bit more fun, explore more of Novia. I'm now relegated back to 2-skull areas, and even then it can be touch-and-go depending on the enemy type, so I spend WAY too much time trying to find an area at my level with enemies I can defeat well enough to actually keep my XP pool stable or grow it. It seems like I have to fight 3-4 lower level enemies at a time to survive AND earn enough XP to make it worthwhile, but if I go fight one higher level enemy, it's a really tough battle that drains my pool too fast. I'm looking at turning more skills off, but then I get even slower progression and it's even tougher to get back into the areas I was in before the changes.

The super high level adventurers will never be tamed. It seems like lots of the changes are made because of that group, and the rest of us suffer more. I don't really get it, to be honest. Every time I find a place I can level up, with some work, the next update seems to nerf it.

JohnL, mass and Gurney2 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.