Hi and Housing Questions

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by bloodydragon, Jun 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bloodydragon

bloodydragon Avatar

Hi Avatars,

I backed a long time ago (2103) and bought a Village Lot deed in 2014. I just started playing this week.

I am enjoying the game so far but will probably wait until story complete or launch to really play, as that is what I have been waiting for and honestly, I can wait forever to experience the game in its best state.

My question is about the housing. How do I know what sort of deed I have, taxed vs non taxed? You can re-deed the lot and move, correct? I am wondering if I should try to place my deed or sell it because I don't think I will pay real money for a house (I don't have any!) and I am a long ways off from being rich in game. In other words, I wouldn't mind renting later if I need to. Is there a housing guide out there somewhere I should be reading?

Anyhow, hi. I will probably play a few hours this weekend and then put SOTA away for a while as real life is nuts right now. I already noticed a huge step up in frame rate between r42 and 43 so I'm looking forward to seeing this done.

BD

claybwagner likes this.
  2. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

Numa likes this.
  3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

if your deed indeed says "village lot deed" and nothing else, it is taxed.

yes, you can pick up your deed and move it to another lot. recently, you can even pack up everything on the lot and move it, too, without having to replace all the deco. there's a charge in crowns to move it to a different scene, but it's free within the same town.

you don't need to pay real money for a house. there are a few on housing vendors in game, there are a few craftable, and there are a lot other players are selling.

since your deed is taxable, i wouldn't place it now unless you can arrange a tenant that will pay the taxes. even so, you'll have to log in and actually make the payment yourself.

Numa likes this.
  4. bloodydragon

bloodydragon Avatar

Thanks, guys. I will hold on to my deed and place it once I get a better sense of the world. That's cool that you can move everything at once now. Moving in UO used to give me serious anxiety, but sometimes that perfect spot opens and you have to go for it.

I wish I was home playing Shroud right now. With just around 8 hours in, I feel like it has a lot of potential.

Sean Silverfoot and Alley Oop like this.
  5. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

dont forget to store the decorated lot in the the deed manager and "save" it on a slot - you have 5 slots to store lots available for free and can move it within the same town as it was already written.
    if you move to another City or PoT yuo have to carry everything step by step, if you arent overloadad you can teleport with the help of a friend who stays at your new location and recall to your lot if you have bound to it.

And the tax, if the deed is not a taxfree for a village is manageable by logging in, visit the oracle and do the test plus earn some 500 extra gold.
    It's maybe hard from scratch, but when you do some better in Scenes and be able to kill your foes faster, maybe sell what you get, harvest trees and sell for example emerald Ash borers to a NPC or beetle carapaces at Owls Head Public Vendor you maybe won't get rich - i'm most of the time live from hand to mouth but i do well :)

A village lot is nice to have to grow some crops, make cloth, cook food, have some reagencies to use or sell and later we sure need hops and malt and can start brewing :cool:

6. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Avatar

I am finding that village sized lots are excellent. I have my ornate row greenhouse in one and I have plenty of room to decorate nicely.

Numa likes this.
  7. Ameresta Trilon

Ameresta Trilon Avatar

You can actually move fully decorated lots from town to town at the cost of some coto.

Numa and Stundorn like this.
  8. Quinn Zorich

Quinn Zorich Avatar

Welcome! Like you I was an really backer but only recently got to playing the game. Feel free to friend me "/friend Quinn Zorich"

9. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Welcome BloodyDragon . If you ever want to see a few things unrelated to the story, I would be happy to show off some of the other things this game offers like music, which is so fantastic in this game and one of my personal favorite things. I am Majoria in game, whisper me anytime and I will show off for you ;)

claybwagner likes this.
  10. bloodydragon

bloodydragon Avatar

Thanks, everyone! I don't think I will have a ton of time to play until Monday, and I will look for you in game.

majoria70 likes this.
  11. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Avatar

Welcome to your next 20-year obsession!

claybwagner likes this.
  12. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Welcome to the game, BD!

13. skeggy Media

skeggy Media Avatar

welcome to the game bloodydragon I have just created and posted a video all about claiming a lot and placing and changing houses including info about the rents payable hop you find it helpfull.

Numa likes this.
  14. bloodydragon

bloodydragon Avatar

Thanks, everyone. Thanks for the video, Skeggy. Very helpful.

I am going to step away for a couple releases to see if the performance gets even better, but I will be back. I mean I backed in 2013, so I can wait a couple more months to give it more time. Right now it's just too slow loading for me, and being summer, I find myself not in front of the computer so much.

Alley Oop likes this.
  15. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Greetings bloodydragon, welcome to SotA! Glad others in the community came in and tried to help you out. We would be glad to see what else can be done as well. Feel free to email us at support@portalarium.com and include your DXDiag file (if you have a Windows system). You can also PM me directly and I can take a look.

16. bloodydragon

bloodydragon Avatar

Thanks, Berek. It might be that I only have 6gb ram. I have not had a chance to install it on my other computer with 8gb. If you think it might be something else, I can send my DXDiag. Appreciate the help!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.