Highvale Outskirts, elevator

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by ConjurerDragon, Nov 18, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

This is just my feeling, but the two elevators seems far too fast, considering it´s perceived age, purely wooden construction in a detoriating stonetower and being driven by Savonius windturbines only.

It would be more practical considering the frail tower and allow more scenic views while being lifted upwards if it would be slower.

Edit: For those that do not want it to go slower add an entrypoint *in* the monastery (currently the closest are Northexit and "Default" (guard post at the feet of the elevators) for those who return to Highvale Outskirts.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2022
  2. Vesper

Vesper Avatar

Keep in mind, in general, this is a fantasy game, not a simulator.

CrandalltheFoole likes this.
  3. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

And in fantasy I want to feel like I am in a living world - I would even find it better when the elevater has some hickups on his way, due to the shoddy nature of the building, would make cranky noises and drive anyone into madness who has a fear of falling into the deep when that thin, neglected, decades old wooden platform dissolves and the passenger falls if he reacts not fast enough and steps to the side or grabs a rope... Like the piano and the rope at the cliff in Solstace River Outskirts implies.

If it would be a simulator of reality then the TÜV would long have it closed off for public use and everyone would have to take the long way around.

4. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

As many times as you have to ride the elevators it would drive me mad with extra noises and bumps. Plus it would add to the code already running.
    The creaking doors in the haunted mansion are bothersome enough after doing deco for a year in there.

5. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

If it´s a larger task to add something I mentioned, then I´ll glady settle from some unnverving creaking noises while the fragile structure of the wooden elevator is moving :cool:

6. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Maybe the wood was treated and the gears have oil so it may look rough like a 70 year old but can still run marathons? That happens.

7. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

A group of refugees low on supplies, on the run from a massacre, having found refuge in an abandoned old monastery who don´t have as much as wheat and bed rolls - but having solemnly dedicated themselves to maintain the elevator in good order and using litres of oil to keep it lubricated and all gears running silently and unobstructed... Sure. :rolleyes:

I just see it in front of me. The elves attack, the arrows fly, the houses burn, the woman scream, the babies cry and one person steps up and says: Don´t worry about food or warmth - we have to take that barrel of oil with us because the avatars that will follow us to the monastery have delicate ears that can´t be exposed to the squeaking of a rattly wooden elevator... :D

Only that the elevator works flawlessly and fast like a greased lightning

Edit: Sorry, I forgot - an abandoned old monastery high up in the mountains in the cold where most forms of grease usually used for cartwheels in the valley that would be readily available would become useless due to the temperature...

Last edited: Nov 19, 2022
  8. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

You’re drunk! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.