Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Highvale Outskirts: Kobold miners and caster

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Hermetic, Mar 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hermetic

Hermetic Avatar

Some might consider this more feedback but I think it is a bug when different quest conditions are not handled right.

*Spoilers*

I found that Kobold miner camp. I wondered what that barrier was; surely there must be some goodies behind it... can't figure it out. I found a magic book. Looks important; better take it.

It was later that I found that Kobold caster/mage on the island(I forget his name). I gave him his magic book and then he said he would take his key back. What key???

Clearly we were meant to run into that Kobold caster before finding the camp but the quest should be written in such a way as to handle the event that someone might find the camp first like I did.

I assume if one finds that Kobold caster first then he tells the adventurer all about that camp and gives them a get-book-quest, as well as a key to allow them to sneak up from behind(I discovered that way myself later).

What would be good for adventurers that find the camp first, imo, would be to allow them to ask the caster what that ice barrier was all about. "Oh that, let me tell you how to get in there from another way, and here's a key if you want to lower that barrier so you can re-visit it later without having to take the long way round."

So instead of the caster taking a key back that I didn't even have I would be given the key and everything would be a lot less confusing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.