Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Highvale Outskirts Quest Journal Not Updating

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Brenna McFerson, Oct 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brenna McFerson

Brenna McFerson Avatar

1. Title: Highvale Outskirts Quest Journal Not Updating
    2. Reproduction Rate: Random
    3. Blocker? No
    4. Details: I've completed the quest from the Lieutenant Simone, Captain Burnes, then went to Esmeralda to investigate the blue lights. I did that and my journal updated that I found the odd-looking looking glass and I needed to find someone to tell me about. I went back to Esmeralda and I clicked on all her keywords she wanted me to go to an abandoned building and kill a frostgeist. But my journal is not updating and when I go to the build (at night) no frostgeist appears. I'm not sure now what I'm supposed to do, and I can't advance my quest. From what I'm hearing from my guildmates is an issue with some of them as well. They can't remember what they did to advance the quest.
    [Update] I did go to the abandoned building, the frostgeist did appear and I killed it, but, did not get a quest item. This was during the day, so I will try at when night falls.

1. Steps to Reproduce: Talk to Esmeralda get her to show the keywords, type the keywords no journal update.
    2. User Specs:

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
  2. Brenna McFerson

Brenna McFerson Avatar

Update to this post. I was able to complete the banner quest but only after talking to some of my guildmates. What I had to do was find all Echo's, (I was told how many there were since there was no information about them at this point) when I returned to Esmeralda I had to figure out what keywords to use. Once that was done I could proceed with the quest.

My guildmate kept saying just click the keywords displaying at the bottom of the comment box. I don't see those at all, the only keywords I see for any quests are within the dialog its self.

3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

there's a small bronze arrow at the bottom center of the box to expand the keyword section if it's not doing it itself.

4. Brenna McFerson

Brenna McFerson Avatar

HI Alley Oop, I did click the arrow and nothing changed. Nothing was expanded to see the keywords. I've tried this on other quests with the same result, no keywords.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.