Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Highvale Outskirts still shows Quests Available/Active when completing all quests in here

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Anpu, Jan 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

01/03/2020 07:27
    Title: Highvale Outskirts still shows Quests Available/Active when completing all quests in here
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker?
    Details: When completing all quest tasking the the Highvale outskirts (including the Weapon Upgrade task and opening the Tomb), the overland map states this area still has Quests Available/Active. I'm currently writing a 3rd quest guide specifically for this area that details all the quest in this area, and I have fully completed all of them. I am *fairly* certain I have completed every quest that is available in this area. It is entirely possible I did miss something, but I don't think I have.
    Steps to Reproduce: With a new character, complete all quest task in the Highvale Outskirts Here are the exact sequence and quest completed: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...le-outskirts-the-complete-quest-guide.161173/
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16303
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.Win.64.1098.Date.12.24.19
    Area: Novia
    Area Display Name: Novia
    Loc: (-170.5, 18.4, 94.1)
    Debug: Tm92aWF8fCgtMTcwLjU0OCwgMTguMzUxLCA5NC4wOTEpfCgwLCAtMC45ODksIDAsIC0wLjE0OCl8MTQzLjM2MTN8NDAuNjIxMzR8Mjg=

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
  2. vulcanjedi

vulcanjedi Bug Hunter

is there a daily Highvale Outskirts quest like Solace and Blood River heirlooms?

vj

3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

The Heirlooms in Solace Bridge Outskirts and Blood River Outskirts are not daily quests. You can (currently) do them every time you find an heirloom.

Highvale Outskirts has a similar mechanic with Elven Herbal Tea Leaves.

Of note, running around and repeatedly turning those in is basically a waste of time. You can get more xp and gold in other areas.

The current list of all the actual daily quests can be found here: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/the-list-of-daily-quests.160888/

4. Toular

Toular Avatar

It could be the Elven Tea Leaves and Special Animal Hides - which continue to drop after their quests are completed. They could be causing it to say there are quests available/active.

Did you get the "Tablet" emote from Montgomery the hermit? It's an easy one to forget - also the Bogman club.

Anpu likes this.
  5. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Oh! I DO have a bunch of elven herbal tea leaves on that character. I’ll go turn those all in and I bet you are right. That’s probably why it still says quests available. I have no special hides on me.

6. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I gave all the tea leaves to Esmeralda, and it still shows Quests Available/Active on the overland map. I also do not have any Special Hides either. Either I missed something(?) or this is not displaying correctly.

7. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the report! Issue #66224

(Also, the link within the original post doesn't work for me.)

Anpu likes this.
  8. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Anpu likes this.
  9. Sannio

10. Sannio

I just gave the "Daddy's Girl"/Michael's note quest a mini-overhaul. While fixing a number of minor errors and improving the text, I updated the compass markers. It should go in with an upcoming update. An extra benefit will be that any players who weren't able to complete the quest with Hyla will be able to do so, even if they don't have the note in their inventory.

Anpu likes this.
  11. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Thanks Sannio! Next release I’ll do a full run through of Highvale outskirts and have a look!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.