Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Hilt Fortress instance loads quest map? can't use obsidian forge, reassemble vermillion lens only

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Zver, Mar 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zver

Zver Avatar

3/16/2018 10:58 PM
    Title: Hilt Fortress instance loads quest map? can't use obsidian forge, reassemble vermillion lens only

Reproduction Rate: 100%

Blocker? Yes - I can't access obsidian forge to craft obsidian recipes - My character quest state needs to be fixed as well as the bug. If you just fix the bug, my character will remain unable to use obsidian forge.

Details: After I obtained 3 vermillion shards + recipe, I crafted the lens needed for Shroud of Avatar cape quest. Now, when I visit Hilt Fortress, it loads a previous quest state still , even after completing the main quest.

Steps to Reproduce: I am not sure what caused it. I had 2 recipes on me. Maybe that caused a problem? After completing the quest (crafted the lens), I tried to access it again to use obsidian forge to create an ingot, and same window opened, to craft it the 3x vermillion again.Now each time I go to hilt fortress, it loads same. Look at below under Area: Novia_R3_Hills02_Hilt_Interior/Quest <--- I think it is loading quest state. Look at attached screen shot you will see on quest tracker, showing me the blacksmith forge icon and upon accessing it, I am not taking any damage standing in the obsidian forge field and no spawn is happening as does on normal map. (I also am showing you abundance of post-quest items I have in my inventory)

User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X 16-Core Processor (32) System RAM: 32642
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GPU RAM: 11127
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.743.Date.03.01.18
    Area: Novia_R3_Hills02_Hilt_Interior/Quest
    Area Display Name: Hilt Fortress
    Loc: (64.6, -78.9, -132.3)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjNfSGlsbHMwMl9IaWx0X0ludGVyaW9yfFF1ZXN0fCg2NC42MzUsIC03OC45MTQsIC0xMzIuMzIyKXwoMCwgLTAuMzA1LCAwLCAwLjk1Mil8LTgxNC45OTY5fDIzLjM0NjQ0fDE4

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Zver, i'm not sure why it's holding onto the quest version, but you should be able to work around that by going in with a party for now.

3. Zver

Zver Avatar

Hi,

I have tried what you suggested.

I have grouped as party with 1 player and tried to enter Hilt Fortress. Now situation is different on all 3 game modes (multiplayer online, friends online, and singleplayer online) is same. I think this is now showing the known bug "Enterance to Owl's Head".? (entrance doesn't work).

** Instantly upon ungrouping, my mouse cursor changed to Hilt Fortress as I stood at the door.
    *** As I zoned in, I can see on radar blue quest tracker so I am pretty sure it's same quest version of Hilt Fortress.

[​IMG]

4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

this is a known bug that will be fixed with release 52 next tuesday.

5. Zver

Zver Avatar

Thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.