1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice

Hitch of a different sort - while playing abc files

Discussion in 'Sound, Music, Audio, & Instruments' started by Toular, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Toular

Toular Avatar

06/21/2020 17:16
    Title: Hitch of a different sort - while playing abc files
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? no
    Details: While playing an abc or band file, get audible hitching. It does not seem to matter which instrument, although I normally play on a 5-Piece One Man Band. The hitch manifests as an interruption in the playing of the music

When the audible hitch happens I almost without fail see a log message like this in sota_log.txt:
    Unloading 0 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 58)

Unloading 14 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 451246.
    Total: 1890.997000 ms (FindLiveObjects: 54.760100 ms CreateObjectMapping: 37.371900 ms MarkObjects: 1798.072200 ms DeleteObjects: 0.792300 ms)

In trying various scenarios for this I found that the number of objects being freed does not seem to matter. It's almost as if it is the logging of the event that causes the hitch, not the actual unloading itself, since it would seem that unloading more objects would create a more noticeable hitch but it does not. On that note ... This logging event produced an audible hitch:

Unloading 0 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 58)

Unloading 0 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 451248.
    Total: 1860.469200 ms (FindLiveObjects: 48.617800 ms CreateObjectMapping: 35.890500 ms MarkObjects: 1775.238100 ms DeleteObjects: 0.722200 ms)

Really? 0 objects unloaded and it felt the need to tell me?

It's worth noting that this hitch is different than the hitch that affects nearly everyone (myself included) in that while the music is playing, I do see my character "hitch" during the little "dance" they do while playing but the music does not hitch.

Steps to Reproduce: Play an abc file, or a band file. The longer the song is, the better. During an 8 minute version of "Night in While Satin" band file it happened once. During a 17 minute long performance of "Tubular Bells" there were 2 hitches (both during an unload of 0 objects)

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz (4) System RAM: 32735
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 GPU RAM: 1996
    SotA.Win.64.1237.Date.06.16.20
    Area: Novia_R1_City_Celestis
    Area Display Name: Celestis
    Loc: (470.9, 98.1, -99.5)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjFfQ2l0eV9DZWxlc3Rpc3x8KDQ3MC44OTcsIDk4LjExNSwgLTk5LjQ3OSl8KDAsIDAuOCwgMCwgMC42KXwtMTguMzc2NDV8Ny44NTQzMTN8MS4yNQ==