Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Hitching Problems

Discussion in 'Release 54 Feedback Forum' started by By Tor, Jun 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Now that you mention it, i'm sure I've seen that too. When I was in Upper Tears the other day, a particularly laggy and stuttery zone for me, the mobs seemed to be behaving in a 'different way' to what I was used too. I also recall in the past seeing mobs pre-spawned in their usual spots. Now I could be talking out of my hat, but others have noted that they seem to 'pop out of nowhere' in Upper Tears. I also saw them behaving strangely here after spawning; running around, trying to establish where they wanted to be and where to patrol.

I've been told pretty firmly that Upper Tears should not be any worse for lag and stutter than anywhere else. I've considered that maybe its my connection or my GPU or CPU, which to be honest aren't that new (2-3 years old).. I can kind of understand this thinking as its a newer zone and the builders are more experienced, the tools updated, Unity at the latest version, ..etc, but that hasn't been my experience.

Synergy Blaize, Nog and Sorthious like this.
  2. Nog

Nog Avatar

I don't have any new insight but wanted to say 'I am too.' In the last couple-three weeks I've noticed having jumpy, hitchy play that I hadn't really experienced much of for the previous several weeks or months. I keep my settings pretty low despite having a machine that is more toward the upper end to avoid these types of issues. But it isn't helping of late.

Sorthious, By Tor and Synergy Blaize like this.
  3. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Hitching isn't a problem with your computer, it's a problem with something inside the game doing bad behavior.

I don't even know whether it's C# runtime garbage collection (if it is, hopefully it's because of memory leaks that can be cleaned up), or from GPU shader compilation, which is hard to explain but can cause a lot of trouble, or what. But it's not something that the hottest GPU or fastes 18-core CPU will help with.

The only thing you can do is regularly quit and restart the game. I leave the client running without quitting a lot. It's just that until recently I didn't have to restart it in less than a day.

4. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

I've noticed the same thing with this release. Seems to require I restart several times during the day if I play too long. Usually within an hour it's not horrible but after the second or third hour, I'm restarting if I want it to smooth out. Haven't seen this behavior for several releases.

Jaesun, Nog, By Tor and 2 others like this.
  5. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

This is the important bit, right here. Eleminates everything network related and probably puts it back to shader loading or something. @Chris

Sorthious and Feeyo like this.
  6. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

This indeed is a critical info post. I wonder though, solo player online or solo single player offline??

Sorthious, Aldo and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  7. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Online.

Sorthious and Feeyo like this.
  8. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

Yes, private mode online for me also. I see hitching/lag in scenes fighting or just sitting at a crafting table - like a one or two second hang up.

Sorthious, Jaesun and By Tor like this.
  9. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Ah, doesn't eleminate network issues then.

Sorthious likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.