Holy!?

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Ankha/Avatara/Slayer, May 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

:rolleyes: Quick history recap of the last 5 years; There were bugs, there were changes, everyone complained and argued about arguing, and then you showed up :D Welcome @Slayer96 ! :D~TL~

2. Ankha/Avatara/Slayer

Ankha/Avatara/Slayer Avatar

Noob question, how do you have more than one character on an account?

Also, I rolled a girl character at the start of the game. I'm thinking it was a mistake if I want to join a game such as this with a great community to get to know. Is there a way to switch gender after choosing? Is it a big deal to some players to encounter boys playing as girls?

Time Lord likes this.
  3. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

We purchase new character slots (uper right hand corner when playing is the COTO Store, or also known as the Add-On Store). Allot of guys play girls, girls playing guys and questionable in-between Kobold and fairy here :) The one thing SOTA has always built into it, is diversity and customization options :D but there's no way I know of to change from fem to man "yet". Many of my friends play their opposite gender and some I'm still unsure of even though we've known each other ingame now for years. :)~TL~

4. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

If you dont want to reroll to achieve the gender change, another way to portray it is to just ask support for a character name change. Get a male name and then wear gender related clothes. Nobody sees what is under that armor 99% of the time anyway. And actually going this route - especially with a clever name - presents even more interesting role playing opportunities.

5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

if you're just a few days in, reroll. changing it for an existing character is not free.

but really, no one cares. not only do people sometimes not pick their own sex, sometimes they have multiple slots with different sexes.

6. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

Just one year since release!

And I can tell you that the game is better today than at release, especially for new players.

It's a great time to begin. All that we're missing for an even better time to begin is the new quest system and modernized UI.

7. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Welcome aboard, I found this game by coincidence too while looking for news on a potential UO2 in 2016. Still having a great time as us pirates do. Give me Rum, Wonen and Booty to plunder. Yarrrrrrr!!!!!.

R/Boris/El Pirata/Black Sails Forever

8. Ankha/Avatara/Slayer

Ankha/Avatara/Slayer Avatar

Update on my progress, after just over a week I'm a bit torn between the sword and the bow. I carry around with me both suits of armor for both weapons, unsure of which I like better. I recently got my strength to 40 opening up some more talent dps. Loving this game, anyone have some suggestions on where the best place to have my first house?

DarkStarr and Boris Mondragon like this.
  9. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Honestly in terms of "Where", I would say where it fits your needs the most. For many, their house is where they can do commerce, for others, it is where they have quick access between their hunting sessions. For me, it is where my guild is! Anywhere with spots open is fine honestly!

10. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Choice between swords and ranged is whichever you enjoy the most. I prefer swords myself as I want to destroy whatever is in front of me as fast as I can especially using the stun from body slam in heavy armor tree.

As far as housing goes, I would place either in a player owned town close to where you plan to level or in a player owned town where your future guild members live. Look for a good guild that is helpful and your game experience will be better. There are plenty of good guilds out there as well as a forum where to seek one. Fair winds and following seas to you in your travels.

R/Boris/El Pirata/Black Sails Forever

Jaesun and Ankha/Avatara/Slayer like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.