Home potion cask beer/potions

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Latnem, Mar 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Latnem

Latnem Avatar

I'd like to see potion cask or kegs with permissions. As well as a variety of potions.

A lot of us are familiar with the UO potion kegs so I won't go into huge details.

This will do a few things such as more crafting items and house decor as well as gold sink.

The permissions part is what might be a little different but the idea is a guild or town could setup kegs and allow members to have access to full bottles. The bottles or flask become the sink where they are not returned and will need to be purchased.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong but seems like there is very little in the way of some of the crafting skills. Also a lack of gold sinks pretty much never needing to replace equipment. Now if I am wrong please let me know what I am missing.

2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Since potions don't require vials, there's really no need for kegs other than decoration... and I would love to have them as decorations.

The reagents are where the gold goes BTW.

3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

not a bad idea

But --

SWAG SWAG SWAG

4. Latnem

Latnem Avatar

I am thinking of the Cask or Kegs as decoration but making it so it holds X amount and give the ability to use it to fill a vial or flask so it has a dual use

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  5. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

i want to see large aging barrels and casks, specifically for the brewing subcraft for the brewer. make them actually take up space in the world,

i also want to see smaller casks that can be 'corked' and 'uncorked'
    this is where ther permissions come in. i want to be able to setup a tavern or tasting room, with these smaller casks holding different named brews, and have a list of folks i can setup to tend bar via the permissions.

the coolest part - i've already seen the smaller casks in the game, with frame brace legs, and spigots already punched into them - i've also seen their larger counterparts (firelotus tavern, upper level) without the spigots, technically for aging purposes.

i also remember hearing LB once tell me that aging of spirits is going to be in the game at some point. i'm hoping beyond hope that it incorporates all i've said above.

thanks for reminding me abou this tidbit - going to add it to my brewing thread. :)

6. Latnem

Latnem Avatar

Thanks for looping me in. Yes with potions I wanted something similar and obvious it translates to brewing. These both add to crafting as well as gold sinks and immersion into the game.

ThurisazSheol likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.