1. All post bodies concerning Shroud of the Avatar player to player transactions or services are limited to this section of the forums. Unwanted solicitation in other sections of the forums or via chat or private message is prohibited, and could result in account restriction or ban. Posting more than once per week within your own thread, "bumping" it to keep it on top, bumping within a week of the first post, and daily replacing a post with a new one is also considered spam and is therefore, prohibited. Bumping is allowed once per week, if the new post contains information that is meaningful to the original thread (i.e. price updates).

Activities that involve real money exchanges between players are not allowed. Account transfers are not supported. Items purchased in the SotA Store, such as Pledge and Bundle Rewards, Add-Ons, Stretch-Goal items, and Player Owned Towns, as well as services that can be immediately fulfilled in-game (such as renting existing in-game property or items) are the only permitted exchanges in the Player Marketplace.

Be sure to include the types of payment accepted in your post [In Game Gold, COTOs/Crowns, or in game item trade]

We will not restrict exchange of goods but we will not officially endorse these exchanges due to liability issues and staffing bandwidth. No in-game or chat based real money exchanges are allowed. Exchanges are at the players own risk and governed by the Terms of Service of whatever third party platform. Catnip Games reserves the right to restrict any activities if they cause widespread issues for our community or if these activities involve exploits of any kind.

HOMELESS PLAYERS: Free housing (lot + house) still available in Knight's Watch

Discussion in 'Rent & Rent-Free Housing' started by Astor Cerberus, Feb 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Astor Cerberus

Astor Cerberus Avatar

(Updated: 9/3/18) - Still Available: 5 Rows (of 31 total), 5 Villages (of 9 total), 0 Town (of 1 total) )

tl;dr: Free housing for players without access to housing

Update: Knight's Watch was recently featured as the POT Spotlight. Please feel free to read about Berek's visit to the town here: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?p=77477

The Town of Knight’s Watch is pleased to announce that we are launching a subsidized (free) housing program for Avatars that have no access to housing. Multiple lot sizes available, with more coming soon. We also have rooms available our inn for those who are not ready for a full home yet!

A full list of property types available:
    • 15 Inn Rooms (exclusive room access in a shared building)
    • 31 Row lots (exclusive access, not a shared lot)
    • 9 Village lots (exclusive access, not a shared lot)
    • 1 Town lot (exclusive access, not a shared lot)
    The cost: nothing, totally free of charge, no rent and no taxes. All that we ask is that you remain active in the game and the town. That means logging in somewhat frequently, keeping any vendors you have stocked, and putting at least some effort into the decoration of your home. We also ask that if you acquire another home in the game that you relinquish this spot so that another homeless avatar may move in. Edit: the free row lot for completing the story-line excluded.

The town also sports 9 vendors that residents can use to sell items, they're right on the dock with very easy access for players zoning in. We've also got a fully equipped crafting pavilions, all the devotionals, a full compliment of NPC vendors, and more.

Our town is nested right at the entrance of Kingsport in Hidden Vale. I urge you to check out the town.

If you'd like to meet our residents or have any questions, please head down there in the game or join our discord channel: https://discord.gg/HGFcHnm - This is also the best way to reach out to request a spot to live.

We will also consider free housing for charitable or community-centric groups or establishments who provide a service to avatars but are otherwise unable to afford additional locations.

Our community is friendly, tight-knit and active. We'd love to have you join us.

If you’d like to apply to take up residence please reach out to me!

Regards,
    Astor Cerberus
    Governor (Knight’s Watch)

Note on mechanics: the lot deed and home will remain my property. I will grant access using the rental system which means that even though I am the owner I cannot access any items you place.

For more info: http://www.knights.watch
    Town Map: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/map/?map_id=524
    POT Spotlight: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?p=77477

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
    Alioth, squerly1, Joeble and 17 others like this.
  2. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

Hope to see some folks soon. Come visit and look around our growing town and know that all are welcome

3. Astor Cerberus

Astor Cerberus Avatar

Since the telethon the town now has 11 4-story row homes available as well as a Shogun Lighthouse for a committed lighthouse keeper.

Astor

Alioth, Numa, Brickbat and 5 others like this.
  4. Belladonna Rose

Town is growing still. We still have a few of the free rent row houses available but there are lots of row, village and town lots that can be taken. And if you find a spot that you would rather have a lot placed just let us know and we can try to accomodate you. We have an active guild in the town now. ....Keepers of the Watch and are out daily doing whatever folks might be interested in doing. I have been leading folks on tours of spots they wouldnt nornally think of going to and having a great time. Slowly exploring every inch of Novia and the Hidden Vale. So we are up for anything
    WOrking together as a town , guild and family to have fun, build skills and just enjoy our time here.
    If interested send a friend invite and we can introduce you to our great town of Knight's Watch.

Solazur, Numa, Brickbat and 3 others like this.
  5. Vallas (Beran’s Reach)

Vallas (Beran’s Reach) Avatar

It's a lovely town even if for a visit. In terms of somewhere to live, you can't go wrong. Recommended. :)

6. Tafina

Tafina Avatar

I started playing this game with my hubby Gcon who because of his work schedule has many more hours to dedicate to the game. I get up one morning and he was super excited about the group of people he found and this town. He knew I wouldn't have much time before work so he had me logged in so I could see the view over the harbor. And Astor didn't lie, its absolutely gorgeous. Id probably be content to just hang out and do that.

But along with the view, there are many amenities that are available for people to use in town- full crafting center with all great tables, a pet merchant, a blacksmith merchant and a cooking one. Astor is continually making new things to beautify the town. Currently there is a soccer field with complete seating to enjoy and afternoon competition.

Also were not far from owls head to get other things you might need.

So hugs and may you enjoy your travels in Avatar and hope to see you for some views over the harbor.

Taffi

7. Omegaflux

Omegaflux Avatar

8. Astor Cerberus

Astor Cerberus Avatar

Thanks everyone for the kind words! I'm extremely proud of the community our residents have built here!

To everyone else who needs a place to call home (whether you have a lot deed or not), please feel free to check us out.

Astor

9. MythosTMC

MythosTMC Avatar

I recently joined the community of Knight's Watch and I must say I am very impressed with Astor's work. Belladonna and Astor have been very welcoming of me. I appreciate the support they have given me. So, for any potential Avatar who needs a home, I also believe Knight's Watch is a perfect place to live.

10. Belladonna Rose

"bows head gracefully" This town has alot of heart and soul in it. Pride in what we want to achieve and do with it. And we are a crazy bunch of folks who just want to have a good time with good folks.

11. Astor Cerberus

Astor Cerberus Avatar

Update - We've got even more lots to accommodate prospective tenants! We're up to 12 row lots, three village lots and an inn with 15 rooms available!

12. Sycholic

Sycholic Avatar

Still got free row home spaces? also does one need to buy a house? I know of a stucco row home I can buy now if that is required.

13. Astor Cerberus

Astor Cerberus Avatar

Hi Sycholic.

No homes required. Take a look at www.knights.watch and you can see a diagram of which homes are open and what homes are placed on there.

I'd highly recommend joining our discord too. It's the best way to get near real time comms.

Hope to see you in town soon

Astor

14. Sycholic

Sycholic Avatar

Okay OTW to go look for a spot. As for discord Im always in the SotA channel myself so finding me is easy as well. btw you dont seem to have your discord listed anywhere o_O unless you were refering to SotA's channel itself.

Edit: Can you put a reserve on plot #8 it should be the Ornate Iron with a roundtop roof.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
  15. Astor Cerberus

Astor Cerberus Avatar

16. Sycholic

Sycholic Avatar

Thank you, it is much appreciated.

17. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Great program! Cheers!

Cordelayne and Astor Cerberus like this.
  18. Astor Cerberus

Astor Cerberus Avatar

We still have space available in all sizes. Please reach out or come visit us!

19. Lonig

Lonig Avatar

Pretty new to the game (royal founder, but I haven't played much in a year). I'll try to make my way from Soltown up there to check it out.

One question I do have though @Astor Cerberus , is with a Row house, can you do the garden plots? I want to get some agriculture going :) I don't have any houses bought yet, but I definitely would if that helps the town more than asking for a freebie row slot. I just don't know if I want to drop the price for a plot deed. House deeds are more my price range for now.

PS: I play as Eisign Kerioth (Twitch is just Eisign, and my stream is more just trying to get the word out. rarely have visitors for more than a few minutes asking about the game)

20. Astor Cerberus

Astor Cerberus Avatar

There are a few row home options if you want to do agriculture. Either a home with an open roof (Obsidian is the only one iirc), or one of the greenhouse options (ornate for real money, or standard which is crafted and tends to go for about 30k gold).

I have plenty of homes, the lot is the rare and valuable piece. Send me a PM I you want to chat some more about options, or want to take one of our free slots.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.