Homesteaders

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Freeman, Mar 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Freeman

Freeman Avatar

My wife is mostly interested in RPG's just to build a farm and do that. Is that something I can let her know will be possible?

2. anXiety

anXiety Avatar

I am more interested in setting up shop. Crafting, and selling my efforts for profit. I enjoyed this aspect very much in UO. I am all aboard with SotA, but if it isn't a interactive online game with others, similar to UO, then, I most likely will pass. After playing 10+ years of UO, I have grown to appreciate that part of it.

3. Garrett

Garrett Avatar

That would be great if we would be able to make a workshop where we would be able to craft/sell/repair things like armor,weapons,furniture and interact with other peoples in town...
    Also gather resources outside and use it to build and upgrade house!

4. MouseCaneta

MouseCaneta Avatar

After seeing the preview video, it seemed to me that the interaction between connected people would be similar to like Diablo Multiplayer, you would interact with friends you decide to play with. If that is so, it's rather said I guess, because one of the best features of Ultima was to actually hang around town and see people.

5. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Having just watched the podcast they showed purchasing a shop saying others would be able to see it. They did not clarify much beyond that.

6. RelExpo

RelExpo Avatar

I'm looking forward to being able to run a shop where players come to for goods and/or services.

It was interesting when RG mentioned watching a play, but then you would want to read about it in a newspaper which someone had to have circulated. Reminds me of dropping runes for your vendor home to promote it while also interacting with the people that came to the shop.

That's exactly what my wife loved about UO too and I always enjoyed merchantism and transporting my goods with a band of mercenaries to protect my cargo. Good ol' days lol

7. mijet

mijet Avatar

From my understanding, when you purchase a shop you are then given an NPC to run said shop, and not doing any of the actual work yourself. I could have misunderstood though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.