Hospitallers -- Players Helping Players

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Elgarion, Apr 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

updated discord links on main page, removed some old info

Anpu likes this.
  2. Numa

Numa Avatar

I still remember that in an old MUD I used to play in, the Newbie Council (the equivalent of the Hospitalers) would regularly distribute a set of enhanced armor and weapons to make a new players first very critical 3-7 hours of game experience more enjoyable (& survivable).

These newbie equipment sets weren't overpowered by any measure. I'm thinking of making a test set of helm, chest piece, weapon, shield and perhaps an amulet to round the set out.

Pretty sure others have come up with the same idea - would anyone care to share their recommended equipment & attributes? Preferably not overpowered but enough to give a new player an edge.

Jikininki likes this.
  3. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

I'd focus on base stats for simplicity. Perhaps make 3 care packages: Archer Bundle, Mage Bundle n' Melee bundle with appropriate stat(s) for each. Just a suggestion -- but great idea, hope you can rally some other Hospitallers to assist!

AMoldyPotato, Jikininki and Numa like this.
  4. Numa

Numa Avatar

Thanks for the feedback @Elgarion , I'll see what I can do with your recommendations :)

5. AMoldyPotato

AMoldyPotato Avatar

This is ideal however, we cannot trade containers with items in them. This is the same when trying to put armor set bags up on nonprofit vendors. I just end up giving the player all the items that would have been in the bag and the named bag itself

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.