Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

House lost

Discussion in 'Release 41 Feedback Forum' started by strangepork, May 12, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strangepork

strangepork Avatar

EDIT - SOLVED thanks to Alley Oop!!! Major thanks!!

(this may need to be moved to a diff forum, but because i have never seen this behavior before patch 41, I am starting here)

today i logged in, and had no house. Now i rushed to the bank, got my deed and house back, and ran and snagged it, so no damage done, luckily, but frankly paid a good deal of cash to have a good time slot for claiming the house i wanted, and consider myself very lucky i didnt lose "my spot".

Every time i have ever logged in, my house has always said 119 days remaining. not once has it decreased a day, just 119 days. I was stunned.

1) When did houses start counting down? For an alpha game, a self-described Construction Zone, i was pretty stunned that an item i had paid a great deal of real world money to obtain had been taken away from me.

2) How could i have learned about this impending catastrohpe? Is there a way to set up email notifications when deeds are about to expire? Where and when was it announced that deeds were now starting to count down from their 119 days?

3) How do i prevent this in the future? I assume the 120 days is a hard limit to prevent people from buying say 2 years then never logging in, tieing up real estate, but i didnt see a good way to pre pay or such.

Still in shock all the money i spent, and staying up until my time slot which was at like 4am, to rush and grab this spot, was taken away from me in an alpha game. Shock not anger - these things happen in alpha games! its part of the early access learning curve.

I am just seeking counsel and advice on how to prevent from losing my house again

Last edited: May 12, 2017
    zyxe, Time Lord and Grimbone like this.
  2. Grimbone

Grimbone Avatar

This is a great idea.

zyxe, strangepork and Kabalyero like this.
  3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I'm sorry that happened to you but tax-free lots have started counting down. I am sad because a couple of people in Wizards Rest have lost their homes. Perhaps by their choice but as in your case because they do not know that their lots will count down. I think this always been the plan though but it is in affect now. If anyone knows Trade Gaming I have wanted to contact that person ;).

edited I guess I don't notice it because I play almost every day.

strangepork and Kabalyero like this.
  4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

it said 119 days every time you logged in because logging in resets it. that's all you have to do to hold your place.

Chatele, firesparx, Time Lord and 4 others like this.
  5. strangepork

strangepork Avatar

WOW, this explains so much, thank you for the fast reply! And fix!!!

firesparx, Time Lord and Kabalyero like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.