House placement qurstion

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Trisha813, Jan 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trisha813

Trisha813 Avatar

Bought a house from store do i gave to buy a plot now fromm the store als0

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

you do need a lot deed and the store is one quick way to get one, but you can also buy one from another player in-game. there's also a lottery for lot deeds; it's on hold right now, but should be active again in march.

edit: i forgot, there's another new way. you can buy one in-game with crowns of the obsidian. a lot of players sell these for in-game gold, so it's easy to build up a collection without having to buy them from the store.

moxiepilot likes this.
  3. eli

eli Avatar

yes you need a Lot Deed in order to use your house. You then place your lot deed on an existing vacant lot, then apply your house to that lot.

But if you buy one from the store or in-game coto merchant, it will cost you a minimum of 500 gold per day to maintain it. Significantly more if you have a larger house.

The only way to get a lot deed which doesn't require an upkeep cost is through buying from another player, or purchasing a "bundle" from the "bundle store" (different from the addon store) which will come with a bunch of other stuff.

You can know the difference because one is referred to as "TF or Tax-Free" and the deed will say e.g. "Tax Free Row Lot Deed" or "Founder Row Lot Deed" and the other is commonly called "Taxed" but the deeds themselves will just say e.g. "Row Lot Deed"

moxiepilot likes this.
  4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Oh no and do you have a lot deed? You have to own a deed. The developers have tried to highlight that on housing so people know they have to have a lot deed to place. You can hold onto it until you can get one in game or from the add on store. Then when you have both you can go place on a lot.

And welcome Trisha if I can help I am Majoria in game.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.