Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

House Placement

Discussion in 'Release 29 Bug Forum' started by Gamician, Apr 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gamician

Gamician Avatar

I thought I understood that when placing your First House in the Lot Selection Process that you needed to use your highest deed for your first choice. Example would be if I have 1 Rent Free Village Deed and 1 Rent Free Town Deed that I could claim a Village Lot as my first choice but I would have to use the Town Deed to do it since it was my highest deed. Did I misunderstand this or is it a bug that in the above example you are able to use your Rent Free Village Deed first.

2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

This is not the case. You can use any deed you have in any order you like. If you see details reported somewhere that would indicate otherwise, please let us know so we can address it. Thank you for reporting!

Aldo likes this.
  3. Rofo

Rofo Avatar

That is a change, before the details were deleted from the pledge page, it clearly stated that secondary lots will not be placeable until the addon lots are.

I am worried about this change because it means the big pledges with POT's are going to be able to grab the prime town, village, and row lots will still reserving their big Deeds for their POT.
    But on the other hand, Those that blow their secondary village and row deeds first means I'll have a better chance at actually getting my pick for town lot.

I'm not going to "lawyer you bro" about this, I just wish it was more clearly stated as change from the original description.
    Your reply as stated leaves it open to assume people were wrong in their understanding, rather than just stating that isn't the way it works anymore.

Ice Queen likes this.
  4. Anvar

Anvar Avatar

Nothing has changed Im afraid, its just how the phrase "secondary lots" was interpretted. Maybe the wording aditional lots would have been less ambiguous.
    Either way even if they could only use their primary lot deeds as I understand it a city lot can be used on a city lot or smaller etc so which lot deed is used is irrelevant anyhow as the system stands.

What would be fairer tbh would be if the Lots themselves of lower tiers were locked out until certain groups began placing, so while its the Castle boys groups only castles can be placed etc.

5. Rofo

Rofo Avatar

Well originally there was an asteric on the pledge page next to the second lots, denoting they couldn't be placed until addon lots, or maybe I'm misremembering..

The draft version of the housing selection explicitly stated it also. (see the section Claiming Exact Lot Size....
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...ned-town-lot-selection-sequence-update.46282/

But that version didn't make it to general release so obviously it's not cannon.

Currently there is no wording left I can find that prevents small lot first, so obviously that's how it's gonna work now.

Ice Queen likes this.
  6. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

@Attenwood @DarkStarr
    This below tells us when these pledge tier changes were presented, we would be using our largest deeds first and the secondary would be placed only during the add-on phase with the add-on deeds. The key part being can only be placed after all other Pledge Reward Lot Deed selection windows are over
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...wned-towns-stretch-goal-store-megapost.11465/
    Lord: $1600
    • All existing Rewards
    • Rent Free Row Lot Deed (new)
      • NOTE: This is a 2nd Lot Deed which can only be placed after all other Pledge Reward Lot Deed selection windows are over (currently this would be at the same time as Add On Store lot deeds).
      Lord Marshal (NEW TIER): $2200
      • Rent Free Town Lot Deed
        • NOTE: Lord Marshals will place their lot during the same pre-launch window as Lords
      • Rent Free Village Lot Deed
        • NOTE: This is a 2nd Lot Deed which can only be placed after all other Pledge Reward Lot Deed selection windows are over (currently this would be at the same time as Add On Store lot deeds).
      and the list goes on....
    Same information here https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?p=40866#more-40866

It's very easy to see people are frustrated or upset since for 2 years, it had been understood and told plainly to us that we would be placing our largest deeds first and secondary/add-ons during the last phase, and now 2016 the wording was changed. We were always suppose to place the secondary lot deeds after all other pledge reward lot deeds had been placed along with the add-on deeds during the last phase.

In 2014 the wording was
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/lot-selection-sequence-process.11466/
    • TIER ORDER Sequence:
      1. Lord of the Manor 1 & 2 (Castle Lots and below)
      2. Duke (Keep Lots and below)
      3. Barons 1, 2 & 3 (City Lots and below)
      4. Lord & Lord Marshal (Town Lots and below)
      5. Knight & Knight Marshal (Town & Village Lots and below)
      6. Edelmann & Edelmann Digital (Village Lots and below)
      7. Citizen (Village Lots and below)
      8. Developer (Row Lots)
      9. Navigator (Row Lots)
      10. Ancestor (Row Lots)
      11. Add On Lots + Secondary Lots (Lord & above): These will not have any sub groups and would all go at once (but still before general public)

In 2016 it was changed to
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/final-wipe-and-lot-selection.44430/

TIER ORDER Sequence:
    • Lord of the Manor 1 and 2 (Castle Lots and below)
    • Duke (Keep Lots and below)
    • Barons 1, 2, and 3 (City Lots and below)
    • Lord and Lord Marshal (Town Lots and below)
    • Knight and Knight Marshal (Town and Village Lots and below)
    • Edelmann and Edelmann Digital (Village Lots and below)
    • Citizen (Village Lots and below)
    • Developer (Row Lots)
    • Navigator (Row Lots)
    • Ancestor (Row Lots)
    • Add-On Lots plus Additional Lots (Lord and above): These will not have any sub groups and would all go at once (but still before general public)

I'm sorry but this new version isn't what was presented to us 2 years ago and agreed upon when the new pledge tiers were introduced. We were sold on the original plan with the new pledge tiers announcement, agreed on it, and understood that is how it would be come lot selection. As Rofo stated above, it was also stated on our pledge pages, in small print for Lord and above secondary deeds until removed from them as the secondary deeds were removed due to expirations.

Another thing to point out, add-on deeds should not be allowed to be used until that last and final stage 91 as we were able to do during the mock lot selection this release. (See example 1)

Perhaps this was an oversight in the updated new version and needs to be fixed to reflect what we had known, understood, and accepted for 2 years already when the new pledge tier information came out detailing the facts of when secondary deeds were handled, as well as it being stated in the pledge tiers under the secondary lot deed area.

I'm not trying to be difficult but this is a big deal and affects thousands of people.

Anyways, have a great evening all, sleep well. :)

Last edited: May 2, 2016
    Rofo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.