Housing and rent cost reductions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brass Knuckles, Jun 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryodin Stormwind

Ryodin Stormwind Avatar

Sounds like a new reason to visit Skrekk (quest maybe?)

Witcheypoo likes this.
  2. Adrian (Kung Fu Master)

Adrian (Kung Fu Master) Avatar

Looks like it's official for R55, Chris said property tax would reduce by 1/2.

3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Where was this mentioned?

4. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

teleton 2

Baratan likes this.
  5. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I don’t recall him stating specifically, tax rates were going to 100% be in half? Just that they were still looking at that?

Kain Darkmoor likes this.
  6. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

They are looking at it and ponder 50%

Bigg likes this.
  7. Adrian (Kung Fu Master)

Special Friday (June 8) Livestream – R54 Stretch Goals Continue (Tropical Themed)!
    Housing information starts at duration 1:38:40 - 1:40:00 (They're considering cutting price in half for property tax in R55).

CONS:
    1.From the tax-free lot owners point of view, business as usual as nothing is changed for their tax rate payment; However, their tax free deeds would probably worth 50% less. A decrease in tax-free lot demand.

PROS:
    1. From the macro point of view, it would be good for the overall game to bring back old and new players.
    2. With 50% less gold going back into the system, players' wealth increases. Wealthy players would have extra gold to pump into the Players Economy with a stronger buying power. I'm saving 9,000 gold per day, and that could go back into the players' economy.
    3. Increase demand in housing deeds and lot.
    4. Increase demand on vendors, homes, basements, and decorative items.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
    Synergy Blaize likes this.
  8. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

I do not see the problem here.
    Tax free means it is tax free, how high the taxes are is secondary (exept if taxes are so high towns stay empty and that would be I think more an problem for Tax free deed owners than they like to admit)
    Populated cities though (and people with money) means tax free deed owners find somoene who can afford to buy it if they desire to sell it, more customers for vendors, an game that is more healthy.

Witcheypoo likes this.
  9. Adrian (Kung Fu Master)

Players probably won't see any problem at first. But when the owner wants to sell the tax-free deed later on, it would most likely value less than before. People would rather buy the taxed deeds over the tax-free deeds due to the low proper tax they can handle.

CONS: Also, demand for Royal Scepters would most likely go down as well in affecting the price.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
  10. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

you are making the same error owners of stocks like to make, claiming they "have so and so much money" because there stocks have an POTENTIAL worth.

then, you would have to make banking slots muchmuch more expensive, because, due to the taxes as they are i bought many of them and simply use the bank, I paid way less than for an tax free deed, or even an taxed deed, and it will never expire, ever, or cost taxes, either.

So you already lost one potential customer for your tax free deed, no matter how much or little the price.

Or any ingame item related to houses, or deeds, or plots.

Pluss points near all POTs have the banker at the entrance, so no matter where i make my HQ i just need to pop in, bank, i am gone again, not even the need to get close to any vendor npc and getting enticed to look what he offers or maybe even spend gold on it!

So yes, raise taxes on deeds and make your tax free deed even more "potential more worth" !

Bigg likes this.
  11. gtesser

gtesser Avatar

WE WANT LOWER TAXES!
    WE WANT LOWER TAXES! (holds up sign)

(I've spent nearly all my gold on crafting supplies)...

WE WANT LOWER TAXES!

12. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Not sure if it was mentioned already but i think best solution to this would be a progressive tax . This would help new players with the taxes and retain tax free deeds value . For example you place your first row lot you get minimal tax rate.. the more deeds you place the higher the tax up to a limited amount not higher then what we have today.

Whitestag, gtesser and Witcheypoo like this.
  13. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

I actually love this idea. It would give tax free deeds more importance for those who really want to invest in Novia, and in the meantime, it would help new players with their taxed deeds, even the biggest. @DarkStarr it would be a mistake to not consider this.

[​IMG]

Wait, what ? I'm agreering with @Elrond ?

[​IMG]

Witcheypoo and Elrond like this.
  14. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
    Witcheypoo likes this.
  15. DeadnGone

DeadnGone Avatar

I'm not sure I am completely understanding this correctly. It seems like you are saying that players would rather have the taxed deeds rather than the tax-free deeds... is this correct? If so, I would argue contrariwise.
    Seems like the main reason to get the taxed deeds would be due to the lower pricing of the deeds. People would still want tax free deeds so they don't have to bother worrying about taxes on a lot/house. It's been like that for decades in games. No changes here.

It may seem to some, at first, that logging in and doing whatever that day to accumulate whatever it takes to pay the taxes is not a big deal... months go by... years... It will get tiresome. I would say that most would rather not worry about it and do other things in game than worry about it if they had the choice, which is why the Tax Free Deeds are more sought after and will still be.

Witcheypoo likes this.
  16. Adrian (Kung Fu Master)

It's 100% official. Lord British approved to lower the property tax in R55 in today Livestream. Not sure by how much (Hopefully by 50%) but it's a great start to bring back players.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/276358728

Time: 14:50

17. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

I'd like to see taxes reduced by half. It could be offset with increased log in frequency requirement before lot reversion.

18. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

100 igg per day on a row lot... (wish) LOL :D

19. Adrian (Kung Fu Master)

*Granted* :)

20. Wilfred

Wilfred Avatar

The current system of taxing in game properties based on size does not take into account the desirability of different scene locations. I think a good solution would be to zone the town scenes as rural or urban, and lower the tax rates in the rural scenes.

Krissa Lox likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.