Housing Guests, Item Placement

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Vallin Tregres, Nov 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vallin Tregres

Vallin Tregres Avatar

I understand that Tennants cannot place items on top of another players items, but what about Guest level players? Would they be able to place items on top of items owned by other players? Would those items have to be labled as “guest” first?

In short, when I finish my theatre I want those performing to have the option of using props on my stage. If I set the stone blocks “stage” to Guest level and make them Private (prevents being moved by other guests) would they be able to place items on top of these blocks? I’m at work and thinking of design ideas, so I cannot test myself at the moment.

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

guest only allows people to bypass your locked door if you lock the door.

Vallin Tregres likes this.
  3. Vallin Tregres

Vallin Tregres Avatar

Which level allows the placement of items? Does it do anything else?

4. senkjust

senkjust Avatar

I think you must give them tenant status for them to place items

5. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Kindred+.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  6. Vallin Tregres

Vallin Tregres Avatar

Haven't been able to get guild to help test this yet, but can Kindred place items on top of Co-Owner items? Can they only place items on top of Kindred items they didn't place? If so, what if those Kindred items are made Private? Guild mate just mentioned that if I set an item to 'Kindred' it means the guild has access to modifying it. Is this true? (Though, he did say he was in a guild chapter house, which makes all members auto-kindred to it, right?)

The problem is that 'Tenants' cannot place items on top of other items they didn't place themselves and the goal is to give performances the option of using props on my stage.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  7. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

See if we can sort through this one.
    :p
    Yes.
    However with the exception of a Kindred with Tenant status placing an object under Tenant rules.

No they can place anywhere.

Private only means players with the same access level cannot move/take the object.
    However players with higher access level can still move/take the object.

If it is a chapter lot then
    member = kindred
    officer = trustee
    So yes then all members can place (and take) objects. It also means they cannot place stuff as tenants unless explicitly added as such.
    Which means if the lot reverses everything goes to the lot owner.

8. Vallin Tregres

Vallin Tregres Avatar

Thanks for all the clarification! So, in short, if someone wants to host a play in my theater and wishes to use props all I need to do is make them Kindred and they can place items on top of my stage? The stage is currently made of stone blocks, but I may change it to a 4X stage.

After the play is over, when I remove their Kindred status, does anything they may have forgotten to pick up get sent to their bank like a Tenant or would it stay there? May have to make several sweeps of the basement with how intricate this is gonna be. The 10K item limit leaves me a lot of room to play around with. The 'Bladed Rose Theatre' (name pending) is underway! :D

9. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Yes kindred could place props on stage.
    If you revoke their Kindred access everything stays. Nothing goes to bank.

Best of luck with the theatre. Sounds like fun.

10. Vallin Tregres

Vallin Tregres Avatar

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The blocks in the middle are to be the stage with entrances that go below a set of higher bleachers on both sides. I've still a long ways to go before the base layout of the stage is complete. Playing around with ideas to build staircase leading to the bleachers. I'll fill in the 4 gaps on the side with raised rose gardens that I plan to incorporate into staircase leading up. The stage and bleachers will have protective railing as to prevent accidentally falling into the pit. I'm designing this to act as both a stage for performances as well as a unique combat arena where the combatants will either meet on the stage to fight or possibly use the maze-like structure in it's entirety.

If anyone feels like donating granite to this beast of a project my characters name is the same as my forum name and thanks ahead of time! :confused:

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
    Spoon likes this.
  11. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Are you using the stones for a reason instead of a stage? Just wondering. So far it looks nice. I hope the blocks let you stack things good on them ;) I am playing around with a stage on my roof lol. I am just wishing for half size stages and different wood colors and surfaces of stages too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Vallin Tregres

Vallin Tregres Avatar

When I first started the design I knew I wanted the stage to be elevated. I wanted it to be big, larger than the available Stage, and I wanted it to be unique. Fortunately, I had enough spare Dark Rough Stone Blocks to build the foundation to the stage. Unfortunately, the wooden stage cannot be placed on top of blocks, so it's all I have available to work with to achieve this goal really. Still, I like the way the stage is forming and the concepts I am able to utilize beyond my original scope. The elevated blocks are just high enough to easily be viewed from my personal seat and the varying heights of the soon-to-be 360° bleacher seating offer a visual dynamic from the stage that is truly grand. Imagine, if you will, a play being performed or a duel being fought before a packed 8 bleachers surrounding you.
    [​IMG]

As far as a formal stage goes, I've dedicated a room in the main building for just such an occasion. There are 2 side rooms for actors to use, controlled lighting and row seating for up to 18 audience.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

There is also the performance area in the Dining Hall, the 'Smoke Room' for telling stories, the Ballroom for dances and a fully stocked tavern.
    [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

The building is intended for use in all manner of RP, but the most important part is the Theater within the catacombs. The entrance (Krypt) is designed to simulate going 'down stairs' rather that merely clicking on a hatch. The Keep Arena Basement has a Stairway transition, so there are no ladders involved.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Given how the entrance turned out I designed the dining hall around 2 representatives as I see this as being a nice Wedding venue. The first floor entrance was designed around an indoor garden.

For those interested in seeing the progress the location is the Keep at the back of Celestis. It's the only Kobold Great Hall in the scene, so it's hard to miss.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  13. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Spoon and Vallin Tregres like this.
  14. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

What I've used on top of blocks for stage purposes are the Gothic Tables. You can even place them with only one quarter support etc.

Please make sure you only use up 3 deco on top of eachother since the limit is 5, that means your stage workers have 2 deco to work with.

Vallin Tregres and majoria70 like this.
  15. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

thanks for sharing. I really like your deco. :) and too sometimes we have to find alternatives when we are limited on what we can or cannot do ;) *sighs* but it is a good challenge for us. Also perhaps an opportunity to request things. :)

16. Vallin Tregres

Vallin Tregres Avatar

Brilliant! I'll look into this when I'm back on. Thanks for the advice. A smooth table top would make an excellent floor for the stage.

17. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Yea it looks much sleeker/posh as well.
    Especially if you utilize other deco in the same color scheme as well as the ornate dividers and the benefactor piano etc.

18. Vallin Tregres

Vallin Tregres Avatar

Turns out tables can't stack on the blocks either... :(

19. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Huh?

I did it for the R45 party. Have they changed it? Arrghhhh.
    Have to test.

20. Vallin Tregres

Vallin Tregres Avatar

Was hoping to use Sturdy Table given they have a singular color without patterns, but it turns out they cannot be placed on blocks. Gothic Table, however, can. So, I guess I'll upgrade what I have to Gothic. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.