Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Housing/Housing Deco NPCs are obsessed with closing the bank door

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Elwyn, Jan 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

1/20/2018 6:25 AM
    Title: Housing/Housing Deco NPCs sometimes wander off in the middle of the day are obsessed with closing the bank door
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 24482
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti GPU RAM: 1993
    SotA.EarlyAccess.QA.Win.64.618.Date.01.18.18
    Area: Novia_R2_City_Etceter/Etceter
    Area Display Name: Etceter
    Loc: (94.3, 27.7, -6.3)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjJfQ2l0eV9FdGNldGVyfEV0Y2V0ZXJ8KDk0LjMzLCAyNy42ODQsIC02LjMxNil8KDAsIDAuNjA3LCAwLCAwLjc5NSl8NzQuODA5NjN8MTAuNDkyMjV8NC43Mzk2NTg=

Details:
    (Note: this has been happening for a few releases, and I finally got tired of it just now when he walked away while I had his buy window open.)
    Sometimes a vendor will walk off in the middle of the day for no (apparent) reason. One NPC who does this is Arakius Endiki, the Etceter Housing Decorations Merchant. Note the time of this bug, 25 minutes after the hour, so it's the middle of the day, and he isn't leaving to go to bed.
    He (and sometimes the nearby Housing Merchant as well, usually at the same time) walks away, reaches the front door of the bank, and then turns around. It's almost like he wants to go the bathroom, then realizes there isn't one, it's just a game, ha ha! Or maybe he's trying to quit smoking.
    I visited the Orcale right after this, and did not seem to have a negative Courage hit from this for bothering an off-duty NPC.

Steps to Reproduce:
    Go to location, open buy window, wait. I don't think you need the buy window open, often I've had to chase him down because he starts walking when I get near him, but in this case, the window closed when he went out of range. I think I may have seen this at other NPCs, but this one is by far the prime offender.
    Open bank front door, run upstairs, watch NPC(s) get up and go to the front door, even though the door is already closed by the time they get there.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
  2. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Area: Aerie (Novia_R7_City_Aerie) Loc: (85.8, 32.0, 30.2) DBG: Tm92aWFfUjdfQ2l0eV9BZXJpZXx8KDg1Ljc1NCwgMzEuOTUxLCAzMC4yMDEpfCgwLCAtMC45NzMsIDAsIC0wLjIzMSl8LTIwNy4wMjIyfDI1LjQ4MTN8NC43Mzk2NTg=

I just walked upstairs in the Aerie bank and saw both vendors walking downstairs.

You know what I think this is? They want to shut the door. Yes, that's right, they see the door open (even though they can't really "see" it from where they are) and immediately run to close it. Even though it's going to close itself by the time they get there. This also happens with the weapon vendor in Central Brittany when I come in through the back door.

Alley Oop likes this.
  3. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

This does not happen in Brookside. So it's probably on a case-by-case basis or something. Or they're just smarter in Brookside.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.