Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Housing Suggestion for R6

Discussion in 'Release 5 Feedback' started by TheMadHermit, Apr 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheMadHermit

TheMadHermit Avatar

I'd like to suggest that during the pre-alpha, the overland map show the number of available home sites for each habitable village, town or city. This should be user toggleable so the overland map is not muddied-up with information that detracts from the default look and style.

This would help players looking for homes get an idea of where they should be spending their time searching.

[​IMG]

2. Sundews

Sundews Avatar

I like!

Burnden Park and TheMadHermit like this.
  3. Floors

Floors Avatar

Or how about we just stop letting everyone place houses. I think everyone's got the idea now.

Let's start giving us what we actually pledged for.

Olahorand likes this.
  4. Last_Crusader

Last_Crusader Avatar

Great idea! I gave up trying to look for a house ..and haven't bothered even in those remote villages because every plot seems taken.

I also think that there should be an easy way to identify player housing versus the "real" town/village.
    The sign out front is a good indicator, but in the little villages, the stone on the ground is hard to see.

What I would like to see is some sort of toggle to color/fade out a player house so the "real" buildings stand out.

And I still say I don't like how player housing seems to dominate all of these areas. What is it? like 95% player housing and 5% NPC housing in even the big cities?

Olahorand and TheMadHermit like this.
  5. Winfield

Winfield Legend of the Hearth

Adding things like housing counts and fade in/fade out are great for the pre-alpha I think since time to find houses, grab lots, and be in the R? is limited. As you mentioned, it's for pre-alpha. In Beta and in Publish, I hope the open house locations are revealed realistically like they are now -- by scouting areas. The community can even help search out viable locations for people, thus offering a community service. (or through guild members working together). I know this is a 'game' yet I hope things are not made too simple for everyone. I know some people will think find a lot is annoying, while others see it as a challenge.

Again, I like the house count display during the pre-alphas, but not during the beta and publish. The house count display post-publish could be used by the Devs of course to see how population is settling in across the huge map.

6. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

While alphas we need some help liek the /zone /stuck or this. So can be useful.

7. TheMadHermit

TheMadHermit Avatar

Yeah, this is totally a pre-alpha/alpha feature request to help players get the most out of the small release window. Hunting for a lot for 1.5 hours and coming up empty != fun. If you are going to have a game of "hot and cold" it would be nice to know a prize is actually hidden in the area you are searching in. ;)

8. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

An excellent idea, Mad Hermit! Who wants to waste their precious test time hunting for an unclaimed lot? Perhaps they will do something like this during the land rush as well...

9. Floors

Floors Avatar

Please start to reward us for crafting. Allowing only players who crib from chests in SPO to get all the best looking gear isnt fun for crafters either

10. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

Nah no fun in exploring, just add another map w/ more cities but I see its hard to do w/out ruining the story

11. Sir Mike Dragon

Sir Mike Dragon Avatar

I also recommend getting rid of the "you can't place here twice in a row" limitation. This made sense when there were time limits. I wiped my character to try to duplicate a bug and in the process lost my house and couldn't reclaim it again. Since there are no empty lots I could claim and unclaim, I will lose my lot. I know it doesn't matter right now, being just an alpha test that gets wiped anyway, but I sure hope deleting your character later on doesn't unclaim your plot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.