Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Housing - wipe or keep for the entire time?

Discussion in 'Release 7 Feedback' started by Rhiannon, Jun 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Avatar

First off: I got so excited about attempting to play R7 (I had to miss R5 & R6), I got the client updated on my laptop last night, and quickly did my time calculations (I live on Eastern time), I just KNEW it was past 10:30 Central and kept putting in my password as quickly as I could but kept getting an error. Finally I read the VERY.TINY.PRINT that said "User accounts must be Dev+....". THAT'S when I realized it was only 9:15am Central time. Sheesh...

My actual question is: last time I think I read they would wipe housing ownership every so often so everyone can have a house to play with. In the R7 instructions, I don't see mention of that. I don't want to spend hours decorating my house and log back in only to see my hours of time is gone. I realize it's alpha-beta but I'd rather spend my time doing other things I guess. *shrug*

I also haven't seen much about gardening although Lord British said we would see it before launch. For those who have played Rs 5 & 6, is there any gardening to be had?

Also, for getting a house, can we still chose one in single player online (I figure I have a better change with my old laptop to handle things if I'm single player)?

Ok. I'l stop now. 70 minutes from now, I hope to be able to join the fun (and try to make up a good reason why I'm not working to my husband who is out of town). *snicker*

Phredicon likes this.
  2. Senash Kasigal

Senash Kasigal Avatar

"Port Mirren", "Brave Coast" and Ester Cove" have plenty of Waterlots unclaimed.
    Go to Kingsports Harbour. At every landing stage is a small boat that brings you to one of the islands.
    Its one hour to R7, i dont think there will be a reset.

3. Scolari79

Scolari79 Avatar

The 2 main cities are already about full so your best chances for a plot would be one of the smaller housing zones. Those should still be mostly empty. .

4. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Avatar

Darn. I was hoping for a place in Kingsport. The one time I was there, I LOVED it. But I'll check out the other islands as well. Thanks for the info!

5. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Avatar

Hopefully I can figure out how to get around. I've read the instructions. Sounds like I'll be looking for a ship to get a ride! Kind of reminds me of Scara Brae back in the day...

6. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Houses won't be wiped in R7

NRaas, Kirthag, Lord Trenyc and 2 others like this.
  7. Sundews

Sundews Avatar

Yes, I'd suggest going to one of the islands. Click on one of ths skiffs in Kingsport to get there. I couildn't get a house in R5 or R6, but now have one in Port Mirren for R7.

8. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

This is from the main website:
    "Houses in the offline single player version of the game will be available in most cities for an appropriate amount of in game currency and will not require a deed or significant maintenance. Obviously, as this is the offline version, the house will not be visible to other players."

9. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Avatar

I knew about single player offline (which we can't play yet). I was talking about single player online. If I remember correctly, when you place a house in single player online, it will show up in multiplayer.

10. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

Oh, sorry. You are right. Misread that. Definitely... need... more... sleep...

11. Xenar

Xenar Avatar

Those were full a half an hour before the game "went live" at 10am cst today. I can see now why some folks are leary of lot selection when the real game goes live.

12. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

We understand the apprehension but remember the current number of lots in the game are a tiny fraction of the number there will be at launch

13. Gubbles

Gubbles Avatar

I have a village plot in Owl's Head I don't mind giving up if someone hasn't yet had the chance to have one. Let me know.

14. Xenar

Xenar Avatar

I found a nice lot on the island, up the hill some, with a great view, thanks anyway! I understand the way it's working, and going to work Starr. Will we get a chance to experience the whole map once or twice before go livr, to at least try and figure where to run to on opening day (during our personal window of choice time)?

15. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Avatar

I was able to snag a beautiful spot on the beach with a cute little house with a deck. The sunrises and sunsets make me sit down and watch. Even on my painfully slow laptop (my desktop can't run it at all), it's stunning. My only question is: can I garden in this house (since we can't test gardening yet)?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.