How about decay after 100 level, gm.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ravicus Domdred, May 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

How about not implementing decay until level 10o, and then apply it to those who want to expand. This will enable people to not feel decay until they have realized how the game works and is able to compete with others in pvp. Food for Thought.

2. reuge

reuge Avatar

Experience levelling vs experience required is exponential.

Decay I feel should be likewise. Increasing at an increasing rate like an exponential curve. Master of all trade is silly because there won't be roles and classes. Anyone can be everything if they put in enough time and effort.

So it should not go away but rather put it on a exponential curve.

Stundorn and Time Lord like this.
  3. Merlota

Merlota Avatar

Either decay eventually consumes the entire amount of exp gained since the last death or it is not a cap. The former will be hated, why bother with the latter.

Time Lord likes this.
  4. Andartianna

Andartianna Avatar

They have already adjusted the decay rates for anyone under level 80 to lower levels and doubled the decay rate for people over 100 so I'm not sure why there is an issue with this anymore. It's already a progressive system. Remember the end game is not 100 so saying wait for 100 is just putting it off for a bit. Just wait until you do reach 100 which the majority of people will eventually reach in not such a long time and then have to deal with double the decay rate. I would much much rather do away with the decay rate and simply give a bonus for the first couple of hours of game play. This would allow casuals to advance at a good rate but still allow people who have more time to continue to grow. A carrot is much better then a stick!

Time Lord and Snikorts like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.