How about NPCs?

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Fox Cunning, Mar 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fox Cunning

Fox Cunning Localization Team

This will probably relevant to Single-Player mode only, but will there be NPCs? Will they have an AI, or will they just stand in place day and night?

Ultima V to VII were so innovative in this aspect, even Ultima V could do in less than 2 MB what Morrowind could not do in 4 GB: realistic NPCs.
    You will find people sleeping in their beds at night, and shops closed until 8am, they would go to the tavern for lunch, and sit to dinner in their house before bedtime.

Of course this would not work efficiently in an open MMO, but how about single player mode?

2. Lord Bruce

Lord Bruce Avatar

I have to imagine any RPG will have NPC's, including SOTA, but I'd like it to go a bit farther.

I'd like a system where NPC's can become trusted friends and companions. As a player, I'd have to gain their trust and friendship and make sure I do nothing to destroy either one.

As a reward, the NPC(s) would accompany and assist me in my travels or optionally, decide they have other obligations and will not or cannot travel with me but help out in other ways when I'm in their vicinity.

Im multi-player mode a single NPC could be befriended by 2 or more players but the NPC's decisions towards those players would be based on a points system covering degrees of both friendship and trust.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.