How can i unlink my SOTA account from my Steam

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bolck, Aug 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bolck

Bolck Avatar

Hey guys how can i unlink my SOTA account from my Steam?

Acred, Leelu and tangar like this.
  2. smack

smack Avatar

Unfortunately, no, you can't.

Acred, Leelu, DancingShade and 2 others like this.
  3. Enziet

Enziet Avatar

I hate using steam. I know it's a super common program and almost all gamers have it, but personally I prefer to buy a box / disc copy of a game and install it. I like physical media. I feel like I've gotten that much extra. Plus 20 years down the road you are one of the lucky ones that has a mint condition now rare collectors item. Like first first Ultima Online box. Or the fabled and even more rare Age of Conan, no it wont be fixed edition box :p

4. DancingShade

DancingShade Avatar

Using steam for SotA has been fantastic for me. Much faster patching and I don't need to enter my password every time I log on.

5. Azur

Azur Avatar

Pretty much sums up why I use it too.

6. tangar

tangar Avatar

Damm I wanna unlink it too :( Steam loads system, take resources from game performance.

Acred and Leelu like this.
  7. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

You don't need to login via steam. You can download non steam client and login with SotA website login.

Armaden Restal, Acred, Mykll and 3 others like this.
  8. Lained

Lained Avatar

Once the game is loaded alt+tab and quit Steam alternatively just download the stand alone client from your account page and run that you because your account is Steam linked doesn't mean you can't use the standard alone client.

Archangel2, Acred, Mykll and 3 others like this.
  9. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

Using Steam doesn't exclude having the physical game.

Acred likes this.
  10. Rofo

Rofo Avatar

I don't know if this still works.. but I think if you have an alternate Sota Account e.g. $45 min pledge account you can link that account to the steam account the big pledge is linked to, and the big account will unlink, because Steam can only link to one account at a time.

We met an account seller, who claimed that is how he removed steam from a royal founder. However I have no first hand account of this actually working, so Buyer beware.

Acred likes this.
  11. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I have steam linked but I never play through steam. As mentioned on your account page select the non steam version. You don't have to unlink to play nonsteam imo unless I am missing something like how you pledged. I pledged here on the home page before we got steam as an option. So try clicking on the nonsteam client. If it doesn't work perhaps check with support. Good luck to you:)

Acred likes this.
  12. mass

mass Avatar

LOL, is that worth anything? I think I have one of those.

Acred likes this.
  13. Lord Chojin

Lord Chojin Avatar

Hello,

let me contribute to the post with my own experience with Steam and SotA account.

- As soon as you link your Steam Account with SotA account, it is forever. SotA support won't unlink SotA key associated to your Steam account.
    - There is a new Steam feature since December 2015 that allows you to delete permanently a game from your Steam account.
    It is not exactly true:
    * Yes you can delete the game.
    * Yes you can see in Steam as unbought game and you could buy it again to play.
    * BUT your steam id is still in SotA database linked to your old SotA account.
    * YOU CAN RECOVER your Steam access even if you permanenty deleted the game. You just need to follow steam support page and you can recover game access as if you never deleted it !

This game permanent deletion feature might work for other games like CS, but it definitely don't and won't work on SotA.

Conclusion: It is better to sell the pledge items rather than the account itself. Buyers don't care about titles. They care alot more for items :)

K1000 and Fister Magee like this.
  14. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

I started playing through Steam two weeks ago only because the damn standalone launcher keeps crashing on me mid-patching... every single time. It even reset all of my patches and now says patching 0->480. It still crashes every time mid patch regardless. So I started using Steam and haven't had that issue anymore. Even the QA server standalone launcher that I just installed the other night keeps crashing mid-patching. I don't know why it's been doing that all of a sudden. I was using the standalone launcher ever since final wipe and had no issues until a couple of weeks ago. It is nice not having to type in my password every time I login, but I wish I knew what was causing the standalone launcher to keep crashing.

15. Lord Chojin

Lord Chojin Avatar

You are posting the wrong thread dude. You should open a new thread.

16. Bom

Bom Avatar

Try running the launcher as an admin.

17. manufacturedsoul

manufacturedsoul Avatar

Steam rocks man. The sales they have and the fact all your games are in the cloud at your disposal at any time is why I love it. Once I started using it I never went back to buying physical games didn't make sense to me. Also I only play SotA via steam now, I like it's screen shot cloud database and the fact it tracks your hours in game but that's me.

DancingShade likes this.
  18. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

I tried that. Didn't work. I also tried wiping it from my computer and reinstalling it, it still crashed. For now though, it's still working and updating fine through Steam.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.