How can new players make money?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sol Stormlin, Jun 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sol Stormlin

Sol Stormlin Avatar

I like this! I think what Trihugger meant, is a place that I would be able to take them as well and not necessarily somewhere they should go alone. I get a little iffy about selling resources. I saved all of mine for a very long time and was able to trade them for good armor, etc. But I suppose that is a personal choice, those resources are always there as long as they can get into the areas that give them. I'm seeing a lot more pvp zones than before. I think things are starting to balance off a little, but I was extremely confused about them taking haliberd bandits out of the game. Like, why?? There is no reason that I can think of but then again I'm not a game developer. There may be a reason for it, and if it has anything to do with the lag issues, NEWSFLASH! It didn't work.
    But thank you for this response it helps a lot as well :)

Cordelayne likes this.
  2. Sol Stormlin

Sol Stormlin Avatar

You're absolutely right, and I'm guilty of forgetting to do this on the daily. I'll pass that along as I should have already. Thank you! :)

3. Sol Stormlin

Sol Stormlin Avatar

I'm a proponent of using the T2 level spells as well, and I'm a mid level player. However, if you want to build your attunement, you're not going to get anywhere if you stay within that zone. A player shouldn't feel the need to have to short change themselves on skill leveling just because the money in the game is still a little off. Let's say I've been playing for a month, I'm now finally able to kill bandits in a level three area. I'm wasting time, dying left and right, and making the same amount of gold I was in lower level areas. I'm still miles away from buying some good gear, oh and by the way it's time to log off and go to work or go to bed, or eat lol. There are just not enough hours in the day for this game and life responsibilities.

Back to the subject of gold and combat gear. If I'm not mistaken, good gear can get into the ranges of 10k and more per piece, all the way to up 100k or more. I'm not saying they should lower their prices because I know very well what is involved in making armor, I know the cost of it. I'm just saying it takes new players longer to get there and how long are they actually going to want to play this game before they get there, doing the same boring areas. Halberd bandits were awesome for making gold. I could make about 6k in an hour with them. Why take them out, and replace them with these flimsy, soft club bandits. In a five skull area! I'm talking about Serpent Spine Foothills specifically. Then you go into the mines and you can barely get through them because it's so damn dark you can't see anything, and your light spell makes it even worse to try and see where you wanna go hunt. As well as the insanely OP water elementals.

Cordelayne likes this.
  4. Sol Stormlin

Sol Stormlin Avatar

Awesome Vladamir! I will pass that along :)

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  5. Sol Stormlin

Sol Stormlin Avatar

Awesome! I will let them know. I agree with harvesting reagents as well but my old eyes don't always see them. Although, nowadays I have my attunement up to the point that I can go back to using T2 spells and stuff. Although the higher tiers have some amazing spells :) I also get regs off mage skeles and other mage type creatures, but newer players aren't able to do that yet. So your method is better. Thank you for sharing the locations!! I appreciate it and they will too :)

6. Sol Stormlin

Sol Stormlin Avatar

Buy what, gold? Where is the adventure in that?! I can understand buying lot deeds, houses, rares, deco, high end armor, etc. on the forum marketplace, but just to get started in the game? I mean, I guess they could if they had the money, but if they don't then that's not an option for them.

7. Sol Stormlin

Sol Stormlin Avatar

Oh another thing new players need, repair deeds.

8. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

You don't need to. I'd say that was borderline trolling, or a lot of frustration coming through.

The developers have repeatedly said that they know that loot needs to be fixed, and it's already way better than it was last year.

Elwyn likes this.
  9. Sol Stormlin

Sol Stormlin Avatar

I don't think that came off as trolling. Plain and simple not everyone that plays this game has a lot of money irl to pay other players for things. If they do, then they can.

10. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

He meant the guy you quoted, not you. He was definitely trolling.

11. Sol Stormlin

Sol Stormlin Avatar

Oh gotcha lol my bad. :)

12. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

Really new or somewhat new?
    Oracle - 500 a day - xp and gp
    Deliver regional mail - 200 (local, I think is 50)
    Visit each town - 100 (first visit only)
    Quests for both xp and gp
    If you farm and do all the timed watering your yield can be huge - as long as you keep your prices attractive and not over charge, you can build a regular customer group. You get the names of those who buy on the vendors - contact them and set up direct trades on a regular basis.
    If you craft, specialize. Especially with armor and weapons, they wear out, and those who do not craft will be replacing them as well as newer players wanting better equipment. Again do not over price, so check various vendors for pricing guides.

13. Merlota

Merlota Avatar

No trolling, that is exactly how the game is setup. Gold in the marketplace is hovering around $20USD for 100k. The post above this one has a list of things that were added in an attempt for new players to gain gold. How long would someone have to spend doing those little fetch quests or visiting the oracle to gain even 10k? Why do most games ban you for selling gold instead of encouraging it?

Prices are balanced around those players that can obtain thousands of gold an hour. New players will have to put in 'more' time than those players did to reach the same level after the nerfs. New crafters? Good luck, there is some ore scattered around with the about same gather rate as wood.

Then there is someone selling this gold. Someone is earning income off it and they have no desire for new players toe be able to earn anything.

14. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

When you say "That's how the game is set up," implying that that's THE way the game is meant to be played, it is either Trolling or just Fabrication. There was a nice long list of other ways to make money from other players, without any of them trying to box OP into that being THE way the game is set up.

15. Merlota

Merlota Avatar

You are reading too much into my wording. The game is setup that you can legitimately buy gold from other players. New players can spend a long time doing fetch quests and hauling halberds or, if they don't find those activities fun, they can bypass them. This policy can have many effects we can speculate over but it is fact that players can buy gold. The price is even cheap if you don't enjoy the acquisition activity.

16. Zapatos80

Zapatos80 Avatar

That's a great initiative!

17. neveser

neveser Avatar

Quickest way I can think of is to purchase gold with RLM on the marketplace.

18. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

literally laughing out loud :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.