how do i get a lot???

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by funke1984, Mar 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. funke1984

funke1984 Avatar

ive read about coto's that you can buy them with in gamer gold to get a lot for 85 ive read u have to pay resal money to get coto's to get a lot ive read u have to kill high level mobds to get coto's..... too much wrong info please help I just would really like to buy a lot and get a house... and if tthis was up[ before or I missed some thing sorry but am lost at this point and about to give up .. love the game but houses are a big part for me

2. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

COTOs can be bought with in-game gold from other players' vendors. Feel free to PM me for some locations. Currently, because cotos are going up in price slightly in the sotre and presumably demand will be going up with more players, I imagine some are holding onto them hoping for more gold.

COTOs can also be bought from the Portalarium store here: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=9085#tab-other

COTOs can also be bought from other players for money in the marketplace commodities forum.

COTOs can allow you to purchase the 85 COTO POT Row deed in-game from certain COTO vendors in-game, the ones that look like automatons (robots) - (there's noticeable ones in Owlshead and Britanny Central by the water).

You can also offer a combination of gold/COTOs/money/store credit in the housing subforum of the marketplace forum from other players.

Deeds come in several types:

POT Deeds, Taxed - available ingame from the COTO vendor or other players, or presumably the lottery beginning in R52. (These come in Land or Water types).
    POT Deeds, Tax-Free - available from the Portalarium store for store credit or money, or purchaseable/tradeable from other players.

Place Anywhere (PA) Taxed - Available from other players, and presumably the lottery beginning in R52
    PA Tax Free Pledge Deeds - Available from other players. These come in Benefactor (Land) or Founder (Land & Water).

Feel free to PM me here in the forum if you want help finding a deed in-game, I can walk you through it.

Elwyn, Bow Vale and Alley Oop like this.
  3. Beli

Beli Avatar

You can go to the addon store and buy one with real money. It will have a tax on it that you will have to pay with in game gold on a regular basis. Or you can spend a larger amount of real money and buy a bundle which comes with a tax free lot. Otherwise you will have to find one in game thru the lottery or another player.

4. funke1984

funke1984 Avatar

Sorry about the poorly typed rant last night.
    I would to make sure am totally clear on this.
    To own a house you have to buy a lot deed and a house deed.
    The only way to buy a Lot deed is with COTO's.
    COTO's can be bought from the store with real money or from players with in game gold whom bought them with real money.
    COTO's will be very pricey going for 5$ per 4 . There is no way to earn these in game buy killing high end monsters or achievements >?
    I am not sure am going to ever own a lot is this game. I will not have time to play enough to earn gold needed and I can not bring myself to spend more money on a game that is fun , but more nostalgic then good . Homes are what made UO for me and UO is what made me buy this game in the first place. I Hope am still missing something.

Ryodin Stormwind likes this.
  5. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

cotos do drop, but its rare, I think its 1 per hour.. (as an average) - do remember though that you can rent them for gold in game from other players, many people even offer free ones.. The housing system is very expensive - and I assure you, even if you do get one, then you want more things to decorate them.

Worry not, places to live/rent are becoming more common, I will be announcing my own set of places to rent soon, but, there are already loads on the forum

6. Vodalian

Vodalian Avatar

To own a house you have to buy a lot deed and a house deed.
    Yes.
    The only way to buy a Lot deed is with COTO's.
    With COTO's from NPC's, or with in game gold from other players. There will be lotteries as well, but that's obviously not a reliable way.
    COTO's can be bought from the store with real money or from players with in game gold whom bought them with real money.
    Yes.
    COTO's will be very pricey going for 5$ per 4 . There is no way to earn these in game buy killing high end monsters or achievements >?
    Almost correct. COTO's can drop from anything in the game, not just high level monsters. But this is ro rare that it's almost nothing compared to the pace you will be able to make gold and buy COTO's from players.

Like others pointed out, you can always rent a home from other players, sometimes even for free. There has always been a discussion about the cost of housing. But players spending money for houses, lots and decorations are a huge part of what funded this game so it's hard to see another solution imo.

7. Last Trinsic Defender

Last Trinsic Defender Avatar

I understand you perfectly well and I understand your anger too. They decided to use housing as a RL-money-sink and it's not comparable to good ol' UO. On top of it you need to pay tax. Small lots cost 500g / day and village lots 1000g / day or 2 COTOs per Week. Casual players won't pay this much and will sooner or later stay away. And don't forget you buy lots in POTs (player owned towns) - the landlord may kick you anytime. Getting a anywhere-deed is much more expensive. Portalariums raffles will start with next update in march but this is a huge gold-sink as well and for casual players frustrating. Yes, this was planned back over 5 yrs ago completely different but worked out this way.
    New players won't like it - that's for sure - and that may be the downcast of SOTA even if they turn around and add new landmasses with cheaper housing in the future releases. Normally players look only once into a new game and decide if they stay or not. A change afterwards is less effective.

Rear Admiral, Dark_Star and devilcult like this.
  8. Last Trinsic Defender

Last Trinsic Defender Avatar

I've played the last weeks nearly 6hrs a day in different areas and difficulties. Thats makes it 84 ingame-hourse. Not one single COTO drop. Don't think the chance is still ingame.

9. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Looking at @Umuri's stats thing, I couldnt see any API trace of cotos dropping either.

10. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

First of All, you start with a Little, and over time you keep building it up until you have a lot :)

11. Vodalian

Vodalian Avatar

I got one a few days ago, so it's still there. But this was the first in maybe two months so it's a microscopic chance indeed. Which makes COTO's from drops too rare to matter, more of a curiosity.

Last Trinsic Defender likes this.
  12. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

The more people there are the less I guess theres chance that 1 person gets it, if 100 people are on its 1/100, if theres 300 its 1/300... Depending on whether Atos put in the scaling yet.

13. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

You can buy a COTO from a player for about 3000-3500 gold which you can get by killing things and selling their weapons within a couple of hours (even at low level).
    Owning a house isn't something you are going to get within a day or so of playing but rather its something you can work towards. Enjoy the story, level up a bit, earn some cash along the way and turn that cash into coto when you see vendors selling them. Before long you will have enough to buy your first house.

Beli and Vodalian like this.
  14. Hsitirb

Hsitirb Avatar

I'm have been a casual player with no intent on buying property for the reason a money pit doesn't doesn't bode well with casual. But... I recently won an inn and am told I need a minimum of a village lot to place it. Contains 15 rentable rooms. So should I acquire a deed which forces me to play more often just to afford it - If I am "foreclosed on" cause I don't play often enough will I lose the deed AND the inn? How many rooms do I need to rent and for what price to be self sustaining (so I can remain a casual player)? Any advice as what I should do with my inn and not have to dish out money?

15. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i'm not sure what you should do, but if a lot falls because of unpaid taxes (or any other reason) you don't lose either the lot deed or the house, they'll just go to your inventory and your bank.

i don't think there is enough demand to make money renting rooms right now.

Jaesun likes this.
  16. Hsitirb

Hsitirb Avatar

Maybe this needs to be a new thread? So a deed in Shroud of the Avatar is more of a "permission" to buy land and the deed doesn't apply to a specific plot but type (village or town)? If you "own" a plot and for what ever reason give it up you can use the same deed to buy another plot???
    I think I need to converse with someone one on one to figure out how best to proceed.

17. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

you've got it right. you can reuse the deed on another plot, just have to find one you like that's available. (within the restrictions of the deed of course, whether it can be placed in player owned towns or anywhere, on land or water lots or both...)

Jaesun likes this.
  18. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

A deed just lets you claim a lot. When you pull it or it gets bumped due to inactivity/not paying taxes, it goes back to you, usually into the bank.
    A lot deed can claim its size lot or smaller. Lot tax is based on the size of the lot, not the deed.
    A house can fit on its size lot or larger. (An inn looks quite nice on a town lot.)

Jaesun likes this.
  19. FireFly63

FireFly63 Avatar

If I buy a lot deed from the Store, where do I find it? I thought it would be in my bank, but it does not appear to be.

Thanks in advance.

20. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Click the treasure chest icon in the upper right of your screen and then click the Claim Rewards button.

Jaesun likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.