How do I get the Love Virtue Dye Bundle + cloak?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by spainchaud, Feb 9, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spainchaud

spainchaud Avatar

I have 2 characters that have received the Courage and Truth dye bundles, but neither character can get the love dyes from Kinsey in Solace Bridge outskirts. I suspect I am missing one or more quests.

I have gone over my journal, and I see no reference to the unhealthy man named Marden. I think there is a quest associated with him, but I can't trigger it. I don't mind a spoiler. At level 113 I am tired of running around SBO.

2. spainchaud

spainchaud Avatar

I was finally able to get the medicine for Marden, but I still can't get the dye. I must be missing some other quest, or maybe I am bugged.

3. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

There's a little more to do after that.

4. spainchaud

spainchaud Avatar

Yes, lots of quests there, but I seem to have done them all. Of course without a real quest journal, I have no idea what I am missing. So far every NPC says they don't need help. Even Kinsey said he didn't need help, just before I found the keyword to start the medicine quest.

5. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Normally you don't have to do all quest in Solace Bridge Outskirts to receive it.

So it is not necessary to do the Forgetful Ghost part or Bloody Bones.

I started a new OFFLINE Avatar last week and got all (Banner of Love, Letter for Soltown Guard Stanley), except the Love Virtue Dye Bundle!!!
    I did a bug report about that, thought it was just an offline bug, but it seems not ...

6. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

About Quest Marden: It is given from Kinsley right at the beginning. Normally this should be one of the first quests given by her.
    It seems also depending on our help given to Sedgewick!

I also got this: Left with a new Avatar Outskirts. Came back later (weeks) and the quest about Marden wasn't given to me anymore!

7. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Way back when I did it, I had to kept asking Kinsey over and over until she finally gave me everything. Fetching the medicine was a pre-requisite for her last quest.. finding a missing scout.
    I did it all long before the dyes went in so I'm not even sure how to claim them after the fact. :p

8. spainchaud

spainchaud Avatar

You claim the dyes by saying "gear" to Kinsey, or the other 2 outskirts captains. You get a dye bundle + cloak.

9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Sweet! I didn't even know about this.

10. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

lol I didn't either.. apparently it went in R57.. I obviously missed that little bit in the notes..

11. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Who do I talk to in Highvale Outskirts?

[edit] NM, it seems that I had to do that quest all over again. o_O

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  12. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Captain Burnes (sp?)

13. chrisjwhite

chrisjwhite Avatar

Hold on, there are dyes and cloaks for outskirts rewards?

Mishras, Gravidy and liz_the_wiz like this.
  14. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

I think this is one of the issues of a developing game, some of us went back to do the outskirts when they arrived, its hard to know what to go back to do/see/check when stuff has radically changed

Actually I went back and unlike most changes before, no one was interested in giving me a cloak or dye

15. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Same here. I talked to Kinsey and her gang. no cloak or dyes by saying "gear" to them. Rereading and seeing maybe I have to do the quest again per @Barugon , I will do that now and report back here.

I need to do the new quest in the Solace Bridge Outskirts. What I perceived "completed all the quests" was in reality "did all in a prior release forgetting this is a new added quest". And did the outstanding medicine quest and stanley in soltown delivery parts.

No cloak or dyes from Solace Bridge Outskirts.

16. chrisjwhite

chrisjwhite Avatar

Christ got the cloak and dies from B.R.O. and H.V.O., but can't seem to get the one from S.B.O. from Kinsey. I did the 3 memories quest since apparently I never did that one and still nothing. I do have a quest to open the shack door and sell amulet to the bandit guy, but I already did the painting quest and even have a copy of the painting. No one else needs help. Will try to open the door in a private instance later I guess.

17. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

I just ran a brand new toon through the outskirts, I appear to be done.. and.. no cloak or dye

I also have now a crap ton of quests that didnt close right, and to complete the last couple I had to log because to give npc's things id get the box of inv flash up and immediately disappear.. seems outskirts are broken even more than when I last went.. (I did love, as always.. )

oh it also said it gave me a deed but I dont have one

18. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Hey, I finished all that stuff months and months ago, and I'm still waiting on Kinsey to give me the /formal love salute emote. I've been back several times. Still no luck. I've done absolutely everything in the scene. My alt, who has done the exact same thing I have, gets the emote fine. I stopped checking every release to see if they fixed it. I expect that these 'new' rewards suffer from similar spagetti-quest threads - I'm deciding whether its worth the time to run to the outskirts to see if they give me anything lol

19. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I also cannot get the /formal emote. I have the courage formal emote, no love formal emote.

20. chrisjwhite

chrisjwhite Avatar

I logged on with Amelia Earhart, went to the S.B.O. talked to Kinsey. She mentioned she wanted me to find Sigourney and gave me the cloak and dyes right then. Still nothing for Christ though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.