Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

How do we use the new player dungeons?

Discussion in 'Release 57 Feedback' started by Malakie, Aug 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Malakie

Malakie Avatar

I am not really much into crafting and such so have no idea how to use the new player dungeon pattern thing I have..

How do I actually this to setup a the new rlease 57 dungeon on my property?

2. Dangerous_Dave

Dangerous_Dave Avatar

A quick rundown on Dungeons as they are today...

Buy Dungeon Recipe from a Blacksmith for 200 Gold. I think its widely available. Definitely available in Resolute.

Smelt a new 'Tomb Dungeon Entrance' (Teachable, Level 20 Smelting required)
    20 x Granite Block
    1 x Citrine
    1 x Emerald
    1 x Ruby
    1 x Sapphire

Optionally Reshape with a pattern (Claim 'Rewards' from the local bank for your patterns if you bought one)
    1 x Crafted Dungeon Basement Entrance
    1 x Dungeon Entrance Pattern
    2 x Coal

Place Entrance
    Doesn't work in a basement (Red for me anyway, including the bottom level)
    Works in house, but Ground floor only.
    Works outside in your plot boundary (remember to be standing in the boundary yourself)
    One entrance per plot, even if its the only thing on the lot.

Enter Dungeon
    Default is the 50 point version
    If you re-shaped it, you get an example dungeon for that pattern.
    Ancient Tome = 50 points
    Magic Mirror = 75 points
    Ruined Arch = 100 points
    Circle of Stones = 125 points

Default 50 pointer held a few Skeletons with 232 health
    Circle of Stones 125 pointer held Litches with 1854 health
    Not searched fully as those guys are more than I can manage at Adv level 80.

Book and Magic mirror are small and should easily fit into your house/grounds.
    Ruined arch and Circle of Stones are fairly large and need more space.
    Take a look at one elsewhere if you are not sure about size.
    My Circle version is in Jaanaford, happy to swap to one of the others if I'm around.

Resurrection Ankh in the entrance and you get normal points and loot from killing them, so not just for practice.
    Not marked as private so I assume party play is allowed although I can't test that.

None have mini maps (yet?)
    Currently points, content and layout are all fixed. These will all be expandable and modable later.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
    Hazard, Teden2158, Gaelis and 3 others like this.
  3. Malakie

Malakie Avatar

And so for those of us that do not have crafting etc, how do we set things up? I am not into crafting and my characters are not at all able to craft. I guess I missed something because when I bought and paid for this with real money, I thought it was a matter of setting it up similar to a normal basement.. not that I had to also craft the damn thing.

So all we 'bought' was a pattern is what you are saying, right? A pattern that some like me can't use....

4. Daigoji Gai

Daigoji Gai Avatar

You aren't expected to be a crafter if you don't want to. That is what the community and player economy is for. \
    Post a notice in the appropriate forum looking for a crafter, or ask a guild; quite easy to find crafters that will build items as long as you provide the raw materials, or pay for raw materials through them.

Easy. Everyone can use patterns and if you can't isn't a major hassle to find someone that can given how generous the community is.

Gaelis likes this.
  5. Malakie

Malakie Avatar

I think you missed my point.. I should not have to do any of that IF I pay or buy something with cash. I guess I mis-understood but I thought I was buying the item just like I bought the basement for my house, I would plop it down and have a functional test dungeon all ready to go.. and then later they would also be modifiable/alterable...

I did not want to have to do anything else, including engaging with other players just to do this. Many of us do not have the time or option to invest that much time either.. Sometimes I have a few days I get to play solid.. sometimes I have weeks I am not available. But again, when I 'buy' something, I don't expect to have to make the thing as if I were crafting in game...

6. Horton Irongate

Horton Irongate Avatar

Malakie, You are not alone. I am a part time player and do not spend a lot of time on the forums. So, I had no idea how to setup a dungeon. It seemed like I would have a dungeon entrance in my bank and could throw it down or Craft a new entrance with the pattern. Good thing this post is here, because I missed this too. Thank you for the post and Dangerous Daves explanation! Guess I missed the explanation on the Release notes or deep dives...

7. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

If you read the info when you clicked on what you are buying it says "This "name of Dungeon" Entrance Eternal Pattern will allow you to modify your basic craftable dungeon entrance to look like a "name of what dungeon looks like " , much like the one that leads to the blah blah blah. etc"

Gaelis likes this.
  8. Malakie

Malakie Avatar

Yep well, not all of us are like you that reads every single word of every single line of every agreement, purchase, contract or webpage we come upon... just because you do, don't assume everyone does. And because normal basements are something you buy outright and do not have to 'construct', it was reasonable... reasonable to think by most that this was basically similar.. You bought this 'dungeon entrance' and instead of entering your house basement, you enter the dungeon instead... So yea, we may have mis-read, mis-understood it but that does not change things.. basically for me right now, it is USELESS. I don't have the means to craft, time to craft nor want to craft.

9. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

DUH , did I say everyone does? And I don't read every single line either..... It's stated at the beginning lol, don't need to read it all... And yes, I do read info on what I am about to spend REAL money on, so, golly geesh, hang me for it. :) BTW I crafted some, you can have one for free. Just tell me your in game name and I will mail one to you …. but yea, they could have given a ready made 50 point dungeon to go with the pattern for the store bought ones...

Daigoji Gai and Jaesun like this.
  10. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

The whole point of a player made dungeon is going to involve crafting.

They've been clear on that from the VERY beginning.

Daigoji Gai, Jaesun and Gaelis like this.
  11. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I think the pieces that ultimately come from a dungeon purchases should be complete and not something that you have to craft from a blueprint. There's no benefit to making people craft those pieces.

12. Gaelis

Gaelis Avatar

Players may like craftable Dungeons or not, thats all about taste and gameplay but.... I wouldn't blame Portalarium for giving players the chance to do so just because I missed to get all the Information I need about it.
    Introductions for those bought Dungeons were clear so far. You get a pattern and reshape it in game ( like with Heraldry pattern ). They also said its just an example for now, later you get Blueprints for every room and other pieces so you can craft those ingame ( incl gathering Mats) to build this Dungeon on your own.

13. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

They just need to word the dungeon stuff in the store more clearly.

Like I believe you will be able to purchase blue prints. Just a good line of text clearly stating you will need to craft the dungeon piece before you can place it in your dungeon etc... just make it solid and very clear.

14. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

I'd like to know when we have access to the Unity assets.

15. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

account web page, special rewards tab, bottom of page

16. Teden2158

Teden2158 Avatar

Thank you Dangerous-Dave this was extremely helpful.

-Odin-

17. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

I admit I was rather surprised as well when I saw I need a crafted one.
    No big deal but I can see why people get annoyed.

Gorthyn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.