How does the skill system / depreciation work?

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by mog5457, Oct 5, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mog5457

mog5457 Avatar

I understand how to gain skills and flag different ones to improve, maintain, or reduce, but I am curious how the depreciation works over time?

1.) If I set a skill to "Maintain", how many skill points is it going to consume over what time period if I am not actively improving it?

2.) I started this game under the "Love" quest and they gave me archery skills to start. I wanted to be bladed so I evolved my character that way. Some of my archery skills I cannot flag to reduce for some reason. Is that a bug?

Leelu likes this.
  2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

There are unlearning scrolls and sometimes you can unlearn if Chris puts the skill on an unlearn. It doesn't matter that much though because we don't have a cap system. A few things have soft cap but even that is extremely high and hard to get to. It is costly to gm everything. I try getting important skills to 80 to not take so much decay at a death. So I have favorite skills at 80 and then if it is worth it I will train them more, but I try to stay at 80 for most. this game doesn't work like most where you have a limited amount of points you can put in skills. You can have everything and be everything, which is good and bad depending on who you talk to ;). The fun part is you can have an archer build, a mage build, an undead deck, an elemental deck etc, but at first of course you want to train things that are important for your favorite build and survival things. Training everything at once will slow you down though and what would get you is if you don't have enough in the xp pool (look under the k key) and you die, some of your gms or other skills can go down. Hopefully that helps, but I'm sure others will chime in. It can be an interesting and fun system imo. I have learned to like it.

mog5457 and Leelu like this.
  3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

4. Gix

Gix Avatar

It all goes to show how intuitive (or lack of thereof) is actually is.

5. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Depends on the level of these, and the prerequisites for spells under it.. if it is level 40 or lower, you cannot reduce it, generally.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.