How exactly does looting in PvP work please?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Oyjord Hansen, May 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oyjord Hansen

Oyjord Hansen Avatar

Hi all,

I want to go explore some PvP zones just to see the art design, but I'm not a PvPer and don't enjoy the experience at all.

I'm primarily afraid of losing my gear with eternal patterns and such. So I thought I'd make an expendable set of armor and weapons just for such exploration. But I'd still like to know just what I can lose in a PvP zone. Just my equipped gear? Including necklaces and rings? What about other items in my pack? My regs? My crafting gear?

TIA.

Oy.

2. Fruck

Fruck Avatar

You will lose 3 things upon a PvP death:
    - An equipable piece - can be anything on your character or in your bag, like armor, a weapon, ring, etc
    - A consumable - regs, potions, food, etc
    - A piece of you - jaw, hand, skull

All are "ransomed" meaning you can buy them back for the ingame set price. Most gear is fairly cheap, but things like a Warlocks Chain or Lich ring will cost a lot. You can look at the item price for an idea of how much it will cost to get it back, although thats not an exact amount I dont think. You can choose to pay the ransom and get the items back or simply give them up to whomever killed you. There is no lose of XP, nor gain for the killer consequently.

So if you just want to look and are worried - go in junk gear and if you die just give it up.

That all said, if you go to most PvP zones you probably wont see anyone as they are usually quite empty.

This has been my experience anyway.

3. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Helvig Ingvildsdottir Avatar

Also good to know: Items with 0 value are not lootable. This applies to unaltered items from Port's RM shop as well as to many rewards.

4. Oyjord Hansen

Oyjord Hansen Avatar

Very helpful replies, thanks!

Fruck likes this.
  5. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Also be aware... probably worse than being looted after being killed in PvP, because that has good controls and limits... You can be pickpocketed blind.

Oyjord Hansen likes this.
  6. Oyjord Hansen

Oyjord Hansen Avatar

Very good to know, didn't think about this, ty. Are there measures you can take to help prevent this? In UO IIRC you could put traps and locks on bags and such. Not sure if SotA has any such protections. I guess since I can't put any money in the bank that won't be a particular problem.

7. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Why do you think the PvP+ Players want gold to be an actual object rather than a number associated with your character? They want to be able to make a living preying off of others rather than coming by their possessions honestly.

Chatele, kaeshiva and Oyjord Hansen like this.
  8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

You can no longer buy back your body part. That is always given to the victor now.

9. Fruck

Fruck Avatar

I should have specified on the body parts, you are correct...

I wouldnt worry too much about pickpockets - just keep moving. Stealing is not the easiest thing in the world... and they only get 1 item when you steal.

10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

If you're flagged PvP, never log out in-town. Always log out on the world map.

11. Kpopgurl

Kpopgurl Avatar

Since the obsidian golems in the higher level shardfalls and ruins drop blue bags with lot deeds etc. Population has increased quite a bit. It could still be better though... :(

Fruck likes this.
  12. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

If your stolen from its the same as being looted. Youll have a ransom for a time after youre robbed to buy back the item.

If you are stolen from or looted, an oracle eye symbol will appear where the broken gear icons are on screen to notify you of a pending ransom

Fruck and Oyjord Hansen like this.
  13. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Oh and if you are wearing good crafted stuff and no artifacts the ransom is usually just a few thousand gold at the most

14. Derium

Derium Avatar

so the game picks one random item that can be equipped and that item could be something in your bag, not on actually being worn?

So isn't the simple answer to just load yourself up with 50+ junk pieces and put math on your side when you die?

15. Vodalian

Vodalian Avatar

Yes I believe so, but multiple items of the same types only count as one. So you would have to collect 50 different junk items instead of just 50 lesser wands like before.

Although the risk of running into pvp action is so small, and the ranson is kinda cheap so I usually don't bother with the junk insurance anymore.

Derium and Oyjord Hansen like this.
  16. Bambino

Bambino Avatar

I haven’t taken any of my reward items out while flagged PvP. Are we 100% that rewards and 0 weight items are unlootable?

17. Derium

Derium Avatar

I've never tried PvP, so I'm pretty ignorant on it. Thanks for explaining that :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.