How is ransom amount determined?

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Ffred, Apr 22, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ffred

Ffred Avatar

If you are killed in PvP, what determines the amount of ransom you have to pay to get your item back?

Thanks.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  2. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I think it's based on what an NPC vendor would charge for the item... times a multiplier (which may be double!)

I haven't had to deal with it much, but the first day of Blood Bay, someone pick pocketed my stack of ~200 black pearls, which I had picked up around the coastline. The ransom amount was 12 each, when you can buy them new for 6! Nope, you can keep 'em!

Ffred and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  3. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I was doing some practice PvP the other day, and my Ring of the Cuttlekin came up 3x, each time for a little over 19,000g worth of ransom! It's a 5,000g value, so I guess they must charge 3.? x the value of the item, or 4x and subtract a bit for lower durability (it has a durability of 47/50).

So lesson learned, never have artifacts with you when you are PvPing in a real situation. That would have been one expensive day.

Ffred and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  4. skeggy Media

skeggy Media Avatar

the best rule when doing any PVP is don't go out with something you would regret to lose or have a lot of gold.
    create a pvp kit and use that when in pvp. don't carry any eternal patterned items.
    if it has value it could be ransomed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.