How the Pool of Experience Works - down and dirty and simple -

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Weins201, Apr 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Adventure Experience is earned by killing critters, and completing quests.

This pool is used to train skills / spells / Innates

Each skill uses a specific number of points from your pool on each and every use when training. Each innate also takes some points from your pool if you are training them.

As the skill goes up in level the points needed to go up in level increase, which means it take more uses of the skill to go up.

If you have to many skills training while you are hunting you will still train skills but, you will use more exp points than adding to your pool, your pool will go down. In the long run you fall behind and have a hard time getting back up and train skills over 80.

Red, Yellow, Blue skills are just that skills - Grey are innate. The Skills go up with each use. Innates go up with the use of the related skills. Also some innates go up when you are just hitting or defending. HOWEVER if you are training 3 innate in a skill tree, upon each skill use a set number of points is applied to the innates (the whole set in the skill tree) - If you have 3 skills set to train the points are divided up between the three. If you only have one innate set to train all the points go into that innate. ((it will appear to go up quicker, it still uses the same # of points, but since all are applied at one time . . . )) (((therefore if you want str to go up faster then health then you lock health and train str. all points will go into STR)))) ((((( once you are hitting harder then you can go back and raise Health)))))

Size of pool is important but really only at the top and bottom ends. -

If your pool goes below a certain level the numbers of points used when applied to your skills start to be a % of what is left so as you get closer and closer to 0 there are less points applied upon each use. It still takes the same number of points to train a skill but will take LOT longer over time.

At the top end skills above 80 also take a percentage of your pool to train a skill on each use. There is a bottom end say like 1000 points on each use but if you have 100 ,000, 000 points and it is taking 10% then instead of applying 1000 it will apply 10,000 so the skill will go up a lot faster and with les uses.

In general I tell player work at around 100k exp when training skill below 80. When you have a few GMs and get up in player levels I say stick around 500k at minimum.

Remember there is also Maintaining but I am not going to even try and figure out the math for all those someone else can piggy back here.

This is a very simple drummed down explanation of pooled Exp and what I tell new players when I meet them. It seems to give a good enough explanation to help them along.

2. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Top man Weins, I always wondered about this business of if you train less skills, the remainder level quicker. I was always sceptical about that, now I see the logic and the maths. Thanks, appreciated.

I also didn't realise the impact specifically on training multiple innate's in same tree also and that a shrinking ex pool directly hits skill training over level 80. This helps me with management greatly.

It is interesting though that 'Train Strength' in the Tactics Tree (same tree as 'Healthy') doesn't have a 'Maintain' (brown up arrow) option. It seems it can only be set either to train or a bar ( - ) which I believe (a bar) means it can decay. This is the only skill i've personally seen that doesn't have a maintain option.

Edit: actually just noticed 'Fire Speed' also doesn't have maintain. So I guess there's a few.

Last edited: May 8, 2018
  3. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

I keep an min pool of 2mill and start training as soon i reach 3mill, so far works fine for me with exp applied to skills at us .

4. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

what adventure level is that at Pounce may I ask? (I appreciate you may not wish to disclose this. I only ask as i'm currently 77 and have never had a skill pool anywhere near the numbers you refer too).

Last edited: May 8, 2018
  5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Getting a higher xp pool faster is better done in groups unless you have aoes that kill fast for large groups of mobs. It just takes focus to do it. Get in a group who is doing the monkey room or naryad really fast for example. These groups are focused and not taking time to skin and barely to loot just fast e key spamming to pick up loot and highlight excess weapons to destroy to keep going. I don't always do these but occasionally to get a boost in xp. So if you do it alone it will be slower unless you have discovered how to be a mean killing machine alone ;). For me a few times a week I could do this and turn everything off usually to maximize the xp gain for that short trip. It is always wise to set all skills to maintain during these runs or at least during your own runs. Naryad is I beleive a 3 or 4 tier but the mobs are in big groups. You can run them to a building behind a door and corpse explode them as some do. Good luck. :)

Pounce likes this.
  6. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

90ish right now

Steevodeevo likes this.
  7. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

you loot quick because going theorie is that respawn timer starts as soon corpse is gone

majoria70 and Steevodeevo like this.
  8. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Thanks - very useful, and makes a lot of sense. Again, an eye opener to how to manage skill points. I've not really thought of Groups as a 'skill point pool booster' previously.

9. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

Double exp helps offcourse building an pool quick, but groups expecially with an skilled healer/tank combo allow the others to focus on damage so you can pound mobs with aoe while the more sniper oriented take down the higher hp ones.

With the right food (tier3/4 or 4/5 combo) you maintain focus and hp regen, soothing rain and waterpets adds to, they heal not only owner but party members too.

Definitly nothing that earns you much money aside occasinal artifact drops, but the exp gain tents to level out at insane.

Steevodeevo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.