How to get crafting personal? We need that?

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Akrondar, Aug 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Akrondar

Akrondar Avatar

As the crafting system stands today, all the outcomes depends on modificable (in game) factors that anyone can reach:

Skill---> level able.
    Materials--> always the same for the same recipe.

I dont know if this is a real neccesity, but it would be special if every avatar could create the items in a personal and unique way to get be best results. Why? Well there are reasons of gameplay (avoid internet guides, for example), and because it make sense (to me) based on personal non modifiable characteristics like Height, arms length, power of vision, etc.

So what i came up to:
    Every craft station could have modifiable values (one or two) that you should set up before the craft process.
    Lets take for example the melting station. It could have a set able temperature value that you should change to accommodate to your personal non modifiable characteristics. If you set the T° too far off the right spot then your item will be of less quality.

Then, a game example:
    I reach the needed skill to melt iron.
    I gather some iron from mining.
    Got the recipe (in game or wiki) that will tell me the ingredients and the standard t° that will melt down the iron.
    I initiate the process but i find that i fail a bit too much or i cant get the best results even if i have a lot of skill for that action.
    Then i should experiment with the crafting station values to match my inherent unknown value so i can get the best results. Of course that it should only be needed to do it once.

It would not be necessary that all the crafting stations have that kind of pre set ups.

Do you think that is important to make the crafting system a more unique/personal experience?.
    Do you have another suggestion to make the craft process something personal?.

HokageFont and Lord Baldrith like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.