How to improve combat targeting

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ChairStacker, Feb 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChairStacker

ChairStacker Avatar

If player manually selects a target (via either the next target key bind or mouse click), then disable reticle from selecting a new target until the selected target is dead.

Or just the last part (disable reticle from selecting a new target until the currently selected target is dead.)

Gracias

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
  2. Gamician

Gamician Avatar

Agreed, Agreed, Agreed, But this has ben asked for months and months and it never happens. I guess they call it adjusting to hitting targets you had not intention of hitting.

ChairStacker and FrostII like this.
  3. Gix

Gix Avatar

I wouldn't mind a way to select enemies in free attack mode without triggering an attack.

4. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

I wouldn't mind to move back to the tab-targeting system we had 10+ Releases ago and which worked flawlessly compared to the current thing we have.

But it will never happen...

5. Thwip

Thwip Avatar

Agree! Agree! Agree! +100,000,000,000 times!!!

The targeting system is Hooooooooooorible Horrible horrible. If I select a target, that is the target I want. Period. It should never change. Ever.

I struggle to understand why it would ever be a good idea to auto change the target I manualy selected.
    It is obviously an extremely flawed design that makes combat a struggle with the UI.

I can only assume that it is just some system they were trying out and it will get resolved, or a check box to disable or something. Hopefully soon. Very soon. It would be like the relief you feel after you vomit and the pain is gone.

6. Teralitha Tokomi

Teralitha Tokomi Avatar

What we really need here is "Target Nearest Enemy" keyboard command.

ChairStacker and Thwip like this.
  7. Thwip

Thwip Avatar

Yes we do, and I think we may have that already or close. The "G" key will alternate through selecting targets, I think it starts with nearest first.

The problem is the manually selected target will auto change.

We need to be able to manually cycle through targets (selecting the mob with lowest health, or the archer/mage) and have our selection remain static until the manually selected target is gone/dead.
    Then the system could auto pick the next nearest enemy.

ChairStacker and Gamician like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.