How to make SotA great (please read carefully before posting)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Corv, Jun 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Floors

Floors Avatar

Okay, I'll bite. How do you know ?

2. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

I accept my faults and know that I have submitted my own "wants and desires" to this game and thought "This needs to be done and this needs to be done".. I know they have listened to me. I also know I have had community point fingers at me and say "she is one of the whales", "she is one of the favorites". I am, in all honesty, actually one of the low level pledges and one of the least supportive financially because I don't have the money to put in for anything. I get my 5$ in every month, barely. I run Avatars Radio and pay our royalties barely, with help from the community is the only way we haven't closed our doors. I barely make medical bills and prescription costs..

I am one of the people accountable like everyone else for scope creeping and yet, I am not a high $$$ ;)

Pretty easy .. and I am not alone.

So anyone who blames just a certain group of people might like to step back and realize, nope, it isn't one group or another.. it is everyone

3. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

cloth leather and plate can be magically enhanced! In those circumstances its a different story and since your wearing leather or cloth you should be able to cast off those spells easily! So there is an exception. Maybe I should added that my bad!

Lord Trady of Blix likes this.
  4. Floors

Floors Avatar

I agree amber. I read all the stuff the people on the *bad* reddit forum say. Honestly nothing makes me more angry that people find disparaging a game they play and linking to and laughing at others who should be their potential friends and call it "entertainment". It's pretty low and the worst is I know who some of those people are. And they say that, that's one of the things they say

Not liking a game is one thing but hanging around to try to damage it on purpose for your "pleasure"... really wack.

5. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Hi Amber! I still like you!! I know the answers so I don't need to ask, in one way your right in another your wrong! But they spent a lot of time talking to those folks at the round table and they have personal contacts to the devs, speed dial #1 don't ask how I know this, I don't want to point fingers at anyone I just want them to make a good game instead of what we have! Starting with don't listen to everyone! research it first and make a decision on their own based on what is right now. A good give away that this game is not up to par is when people spend most of their time in here complaining, than actually playing the game! Just saying the signs have been there.

6. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

granted they do listen slightly. the things ive asked for personally and have received are
    -Log Cabin
    Now I just have to get my crafting up or supplies up to make one (hours of grinding) as usual.

7. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

This is what i would change in sota if i were a dev.

Remove the dynamic deck system. Use only locked and charged skill. Remove combo, they are useless. This would simplify the combat system for everyone. Whats the use of a complex system of combat when all AI of monsters are the same? Completly useless system just to **** up people brain enough that they dont want to progress OR once they do and understand the whole system after a couple of weeks of playing they find out the result is pretty worthless. I used 1 combo effectively in a whole year. Never liked the dynamic deck because its way more complicated than people would think. Even if you make a dynamic deck im sure 98% of people that do doesnt even understand the concept of timing of skill, calculating the cast time and make a slot accordingly with all the calculated time. Thats one of the reason my deck are more effective than many. Those that saw me fight see that i very RARELY use any buff. I just go and plain fight because i know exactly what delay each slot has and when my spell are going to pop up, which make a guy who know all this WAY more effective than anyone. Im sure Atos is lost in his calcul because of all this complex system. A single system, locked deck, with charging like it is now, would be ALOT more simple to balance. I dont even understand how can this system ever get balanced, its just impossible. Its just too complex/spaghetti like with calculs that even dev probably forget everytime they try changing something which give unexpected result and imbalance every single time something change in the combat system.

I was here complaining about loot even before artifact dropped cause monster only dropped some gold coin and very few ressource and gear. Now monsters drop plenty of useless thing and bosses drop every rare item possible. Is the loot table better? I would say no. When you add unique boss, you expect unique reward. A deamon hoof from a demon which drop each boss isnt a unique satisfying reward. If only artifact was dropped by kind of monster, lich ring from lich, brittle dawn ring from physically strong monster, shield of wicked king from a wicked king, see the picture? Thats what i was expecting when first complaining, its clearly not that that has happened. All the bosses are the same except for some component or **** weapon that no one care about. I suspect they have no idea on how to deal with the loot system or its limited and they cannot change it. Or i just dont understand the illogical way they added those.

The game has everything, but nothing at the same time. Here my explanation. Ive been playing games since a very long time, i dont only play but analyse how game are made too. This game has everything to play with, but all this stuff are common in every game. The major thing this game have is housing. That is the "wow" effect of sota and the only one. No other game has this kind of housing system, so complex and well designed. Seem like all effort has been placed into this. The combat system was probably suposed to be magnificient too with this deck system and combos but its just not working. Graphic wise, bah, this is far beyond AAA games. I can make better looking graphic in a week using unity, but they got an excuse on that, the game started 5 years ago when this technology wasnt here... Replacing the old stuff with new one? Would require titan work. Its possible, but would that change the game aspect? This wont make the game greater, since all AAA game has good graphic it still wont be any different than other game. This game need "wow" effects. The dragon/cabalist/deamon/ogre/reaper is probably the only monsters that are fun "wow" to beat in this game, 5 of them. Now they adding unicorn but again i have a doubt that this mob will be that great in peoples eyes. I can say that this unicorn will be the new big subject for the next 2 week, before it get forgotten. Remember that new troll in ruined keep they added a month ago? Exactly what i mean. That unicorn would have been great if it was tameable, not stupidly strong, dont have babies (wtf?) and have unique drop if u kill it (his horn!) not blood. This cannibalism thing about LB flesh and drinking unicorn blood is really disguting in my eyes and totally doesnt fit the game, another path choosen from people lacking imagination (sorry to anyone who have toughts about this but that would probably be great in another game, apocalyptic or zombie fest game, just not medieval with touch of technology which is sota).

What i expect from a game like this in term of "wow effect"? Big ass boss related to the game. Not a 8 foot tall cannibal but a 20 feet tall ettin. I want to fight the king of kobold in skrekk and his army. I want to raid cities npc and guards and kill their lords. More puzzle-like maps (there already a few but its just a start to me), since a few release they just stopped making them. Since this whole game is instanced, why not make procedural instanciated dungeon? I can imagine big wall made of mechanical wheel turning around which would be a kobold made dungeon with a unique boss and unique loot at the end. Illusional "still procedural" dungeon made by those infamous lich, they put u in a dreaming state and u gotta get there and fight weird stuff for some cool reward or just to get the hell outta there! An arachnid dungeon with soething at the end!

The story... good lord this is going in every sense... First medieval like story, then undead, then obsidians, then cabalist that come from another planet, then pirates. *Roll eyes* cannibal...
    I mean you got something already that could be solid. Avatars and kobold and obsidian and undead since they are majorly here. Do you know how many story path i can take with just this and some (or my) imagination? Avatars, obsidians, kobold, undead. Just that is alot of stuff to turn around for a while. Not only this hasnt been pushed in anyway more that the basic but your already taking other story paths without polishing/finishing the old stuff. This can't be good. It just can't.

One MAJOR feature this game is lacking - cinematic and cutscene. Is this necessary? At beginning of the game, end of the game, and before any big first time battle or entering any major cities like Britanny, i think it is.

Listening to people testing QA. Thats gonna be a sensible subject but listen to this. Who are testing the project in QA? Mostly the same people, over and over again. Why are they testing the stuff on QA? For one and unique reason, make sure they are before everyone when the patch come in so they know they can make or take the maximum out of the new update. What are they saying from the patch they test? "Wow its wonderful! This is gonna be great! Can't wait to get this in live!" This is like being an humorist and telling ur joke to ur family which is always there on ur side, for sure they gonna laugh. Is it really fun tought? Should we listen to this "family"? Im sure the dev try hard to get new people into the QA test. But if this approach is not working and you know you might not get a real perspective of the new additions then just do it differently. QA is okay for testing the bug. You want to know if the content is good? Why not pass your ideas to vote before making it? Would save a ton of time and you could concentrate one something that is a sure win and make it even better than the first tought.

Listening to people in general. How many time people asked for title? Addition for taming (New skill, new pet, drake!)? Why are you guys making everything that come out of your head and not those, which is being asked since YEARS. This is not listening to people, they do listen to some, i dont know who they are but they are killing the game. Stop listening to the few, listen to the mass. (But hey the mass is gone, what can we do...) Just do it. Those title can be a motivator for casual people to maintain or get back the lost title. They will come back every day either to show off their mighty Lord title or just to try to catch it. The pet is necessary. This was one major feature in ultima online, the whole world was filled with rare species tamable and mount. Only that was fun to search for, coming back every day and see if the spawned animal was here or not. Which lead to....

LONGER spawn. Boss spawn every 5-10 minute is not a boss, its a normal monster to me. Having longer spawn you could make better and unique loot. Make em harder that need a team work. The main reason why people dont want long time spawn is because you break their wallet farming boss all day. 30 minute minimum spawn time for all boss, 1 day spawn time for epic boss (mechanical dragon, ancient dragon, ruined keep boss). But with good and certain loot. The boss isnt there in multi? Go do it in party mode. Youll get ur boss a day with epic loot. And look who is saying this, the guy that has farmed and sold artifact for more than year to a point that they arent worth **** anymore. It must be true.

Boss fight can all be soloed because of one thing, there is no AI to prevent a single player to kill it. What i am thinking of is when someone attack a dragon from front, it should do half damage. Hit from behind? Double of normal damage. Now you need a team to kill a boss. Simple AI, but effective.

Roleplay.. This will come once the game focus on stuff it already has. Someone who roleplay a kobold can hardly rp with a cannibalist. Nor an obsidian cultist can roleplay with a rainbow tutu wearing avatars. When i see people role play at fullscale community event and they see a plane they call it a dragon, not a zeppelin. See what i did there? ;p

How many gears and pattern that arent used have been made... thinking of aviator stuff and the like. This was a serious waste of time and graphic. Imagine all the cool looking platemail chain or medieval cloth that could have been made, that would actually be used and would fit the context of the game.

Performance. This game is faster than some fps i have played, seriously the performance of this game is ULTRA. I would stop focusing on that for a while. Just an example, past few months i tryed other game, everytime i came back to sota, jesus, the game was so fast played that i had a hard time to correct my movement, its just damn too fast. I dont see the point of making announcement about making it better and more performant it will be so little that no one is gonna notice.

So in general, my thinking is that too many branch of ideas has been taken. Nothing has been focused on, which lead to what we have now. A really huge and wide game, which hold alot of stuff, more than most online game if not all, but not enough in each of them branch.

The game just released. There is plenty of time to still make good decision. The release before summer imo was a bad idea, normal people dont play game in summer and that everyone know it. This is the only reason why sota has been set aside for now. Once september hit we should expect an increase. Also i live in quebec canada, a place where people really like rpg, there is even documentaries on discovery channel about it. Yet in 5 year, i NEVER heard of sota? I found this game by searching it myself, i use steam, i use many game portal and read many forum, Noooooooooooone of them talk about it or was able to reach me there. Something went wrong.

So yeah, if i was a dev, i would stop creating new ideas and start focusing on existing and extending current content.

Justyn04, blaquerogue, Vyrin and 11 others like this.
  8. Andreaus Whitefyre

Andreaus Whitefyre Avatar

- Why are you, even though you are playing, not happy with the game?

The Game was Released too early and was not ready. The Developers listened to players and those players might... MIGHT have caused the game to be developed in a way that way not right becauee the Devs tried to please everyone they could instead of sticking to their goals in mind and developing the game in a way that would have been better overall. The game was supposed to be The Spiritual sucessor to Ultima, and Ultima online and they broke from that.

- What went wrong and how can we fix it?

A full Overhaul is out of the question. a Wipe is also out of the question sadly. You would lose too many players if a wipe was done now. Skill caps are a good start. make it so if someone wants to learn every skill, they will be good at every skill, NOT GRANDMASTER. a HARD skill cap is needed. Advertising is needed in stores to get more new players, which is something that should have been done from the get go. Also, scjkill leveling should be a smoother curve. Too much grinding in one location. Alos on locations. If a Location is GREEN to me, I shoudl eb able to handle it with ease. Not get jumped by 6 to 7 yellows who murder me.

Nog, blaquerogue, Xandra7 and 4 others like this.
  9. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

- What went wrong and how can we fix it?

Cowardice?

I recently heard it expressed well: "honestly i have never seen an mmo community hide under a rock so much."

There are people spreading flat out lies all over the internet, and about 3 of us are out there correcting them.

It makes the three of us look like jerks too, because if there is anyone else playing the game, why don't they show up and stick up for the game they love? There must be something good about it if it's kept you in game for 1000's of hours!

If you've got 1000's of hours in and never bother to show up in any public forum to express what you like about the game then you have no one to blame but yourself.

We could have the best game and the best marketing on the planet, and if the only people being listened to are people that haven't played in months and have a mission to "warn people away" then guess what? No new people!

There are people on reddit and Steam asking if they should try the game and 9/10 of what they hear is "get a refund", "run while you can", etc. They hear it from people who don't even know that bags can go in bags yet, because the voices being heard don't even play the game!

Go have a presence or all of your suggestions are pointless.

http://massivelyop.com/tag/shroud-of-the-avatar/
    https://www.mmorpg.com/shroud-of-the-avatar/news
    https://www.reddit.com/r/shroudoftheavatar/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/comments/8uezkp/sota_release_55_free_lot_deed_pvp_gametype/

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
  10. arihitsstuff

arihitsstuff Avatar

If someone ends up not liking a game they spent $40 on, then yes, just walking away is reasonable.

If it's a game they sunk a lot of money/time/hope into and then got disappointed (for whatever reason), it's rather more reasonable to want to warn others and to hope that the company does not end up profiting for doing something that they feel hurt by (monetarily, emotionally, ... ). Trying to be critical of the game *here* has not historically been well-received, and the moderation policy... hm, has not been one that encourages all points of view.

And you're surprised they found another place to speak up, warn people away, and are happy that the company they feel hurt by isn't doing well?

As for advocating that people go out and post positive feedback about the game: the RMT part of the game is going to hurt these efforts. Because yes, people who love the game can go out and tell others how great it is. But to a gamer who is not currently playing, but does know how heavily RMT is anchored into the game: how can they trust a glowing review? Does the reviewer really like/recommend the game, or did they invest heavily and now need someone to sell their stuff to?

THAT is why I think officially sanctioned RMT in games is a blight, and I hope it never catches on. Yes, a small black market will usually happen, but if someone tells me about a good game, I don't want to have to wonder if they actually think I'd like the game, or if they need a new downline.

11. Floors

Floors Avatar

We do NOT need anyone "warning" anyone away from the game. That is not what we need. Because people are grown ups, they spend the money they can afford, and they can live with their decisions afterwards.

it is not acceptable behavior, either by the rules of this forum or the game we love, Ultima IV, where none of that is virtuous and also I am going to fight against it whereever I see it and call it out for what it really is - malice and cowardice.

RMT has nothing to do with it. If you can be respectful and make respectful arguments that's one thing. But creating a forum to foment discontent, enjoy the sorrows of others as they work to succeed in their work and gather

others around to ask them to do the same ? Nobody should support that. Even if I get banned, I'm fighting against that mindset wherever I see it and more people should !

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2018
    HoustonDragon and Brugas like this.
  12. Sir_Hemlock

Sir_Hemlock Avatar

Loved all of your feedback. Its posts like this that inspire me.

13. Jackrabbit

Jackrabbit Avatar

I hope, for your sake, that you would slow your roll just a bit. Don't let anger and hatred consume you the way it has some others. You are certainly free to fight against that 'mindset', but you should remember that all of these people were faithful supporters at a previous time and as a believer in freedom of speech and opinion, they are equally free to voice their opinion. Responding in kind will not solve anything and I wouldn't want to see you lower yourself to the level of vileness that 'some' of them have found themselves in. It's a slippery slope, as obviously being where they are now, was not their original goal, i'm sure.

'Some' of them voice very valid criticisms and opinions, even if they 'now' do so in crude ways. Let your actions be a positive force, as haters are never gonna be winners because they destroy themselves in the process and I wouldn't want you to lose your own earned virtue.

If this game was 'ground-breaking' in a good way, you wouldn't be able to keep people out of this game, no matter what anyone said on reddit or anywhere else. The problem is not the negative reviews/posts/etc, but the fact that we rushed a product to launch that wasn't ready to meet expectations put forth, wasn't fully developed, and a community that is just as known for our internal fighting, divisiveness, moderation of all criticisms, and even kool-aide drinking loyalists, as any of the good things we have done, which says a lot when you look at some of the creative good things this community has done.

Over the past years of development, there have been several top recurring CORE points made, that are SERIOUS PSYCHOLOGICAL MARKETING CLUES, that NO ONE from Portalarium has braved to face head on. It's one thing to develop a 'vision', it's quite another to make it appealing to someone who doesn't see through your eyes, especially when commercial success is integrally important to it's longevity.

1) Grindfest
    2) More punitive than pleasure
    3) Not rewarding for the effort/time put forth
    4) Lack of Depth (Jack of all trades/master of none . . . . well except housing and dance parties I guess)
    5) Fun-Less (see #1 - #4)

It's not rocket science or brain surgery, it's human nature.

People play crap games (myself included) on their phones/computers etc for hours on end simply because they capture opposite essence of those 5 things.

1) is it an adventure or is it a chore? I have enough chores in my life.
    2) does it make me mad, or does it make me happy? I have enough things making me mad in my life.
    3) it is worth the time? I'm busy, this needs to count for something somehow someway.
    4) is it special in some unique ways? I have a plethora of choices, what makes this different, but in a good way?
    5) am I enjoying this? I have enough displeasure in my life.

Until some of these core human psyche issues are addressed in a serious way, which CAN be done very easily and still work within the 'vision', better graphics, different creatures, more uncloned zones, and more 'rusty pots' and 'jars' aren't going to make much difference.

There is no 'one fix' that will cure all our ails, but IMO if the devs would spend a couple of months examining ways to address the major systems within the game with at least the top 3 points in mind, I think we would find ourselves in a different place altogether.

As to blame . . . . the way it works in the real world where customers do matter . . . . it's real simple:

The team wins, the coach gets the credit for being brilliant, the team loses and the coach gets fired.

If more people hate on the game than like the game, I have a hard time believing that it is the fault of the haters, no matter how dedicated they are to their hate.

14. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

[​IMG]

Astirian likes this.
  15. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Great thread!

I think the main issue with SotA is that it wanted to be a SP Game with good Story and a MP / MMORPG Sandbox.
    I think this is impossible to create, at least good iterations of both, another Ultima and at the same time another UO.

Still some tweaks to the sandbox and i would try to bring RPvX back into the game.

But on the other hand Sea of Thieves will release new stuff soon. including fisching and every update is for free and i really like it like it is. Everybody can partake from scratch in every Quest, Task you want to do and nobody is stronger or whatever. The only thing is knowledge about the Map and practice aka playerskill and lot of fun to have.
    Immersing, challenging and fun gameplay for everybody.

The thing i mostly complained about over and over is this vertical progression stuff.
    It just destroys so much potential of playing together!

Fractured MMO, read about their progression, travel and pvp / crime system.

"The Fractured way of character progression has been revealed. Goodbye grinding and power disparities!"
    https://fracturedmmo.com/feature-spotlight-3-knowledge-system/

Travel
    https://fracturedmmo.com/feature-spotlight-2-universe-planets-travels/

Criminal System and how to connect
    FFA with consensual an no PvP at all.
    https://fracturedmmo.com/feature-spotlight-6-pvp-alignment-crime/

These are great examples how a sandbox rpg can work.
    It's only on their paper, i know that and i even dont think i will back it, because they will have an Abo plus a Shop, but their vision is far more of what is a functioning RPG than in comparison
    a Selective Multiplayer with endless progression Game that want to be a sandbox MMORPG.

If you ask me, the future of gaming and maybe the world is a little more communism and more equality , more about developing each owns potential to partake and contribute into the game world and less meritocracy grind what only lead to power disparities and less interaction possible because of the gaps.

Your SP Story failed .
    Your MMORPG Sandbox part failed .

Now make some decisions and correct it or sink and be forgotten forever.

16. DeadnGone

DeadnGone Avatar

Same old trolls on MMORPG.com's forums. Some are here as well under different names though if you pay enough attention to the posters you can see repeated similarities in their posts and style of writing. Good luck dealing with them there. Their admin's are against SotA as well, so it doesn't help the game at all. But what can you do? Seems like a losing battle with them and like you say, no one else supporting the game on these sites, leaving it to the haters to kill any talk at all about it.

Lord Trady of Blix and Koss like this.
  17. Sol Stormlin

Sol Stormlin Avatar

So I'm a little late to the game in responding to this, but it's possible millenials don't find these types of games appealing for reasons you mentioned and more.

Unfamiliar combat: They may find the combat system a little confusing. Especially when it is different from what they are used to in other games and a bit complicated. Also, it's unfinished.

Old: This game was initially intended for us old ultima fans who have been looking for a more realized ultima game upgraded to current technology trends.

Consequences: Lord British wanted to interject challenges that parralel our own life choices in the virtue system which I doubt younger players would really appreciate. Maybe they would, but that system is very subtle and there are very few consequences to having positive or negative virtue to make the impact he was visualizing. I don't know if players now even want that.

Lifestyle: I imagine the high cost of addon items and bundles would be an immediate deterrant. Most of these people are in college, living at home and probably not paying rent.

Horrible reviews and marketing: Not to mention AGAIN, the positive representation of this game on social media is just not there. We need some more honest reviews who are not relying on old footage from 2 years ago and actually spend time in the game for a more informed review. The footage I see marketed is always footage of fighting dragons. Which are beautiful, but there are some amazing places that are never used for marketing. Such as The Fall. It's my favorite dungeon and yet I have to stay away because I'm unable to hold my own...yet. But there are many other amazing looking zones that I just don't see in the promotional videos.

Introduction to the game: Also the new player experience is what they're reviewing. I saw a guy who didn't even get past soltown and slammed the game for bugs, quest confusion, and slow combat. I think more prompts on the screen would help. Like telling them how to open the map, commands for talking in local and zone, and for some reason they think this is a tab system. I know some players use it but I have never played that way. I like being able to use my arrow to target things.

B-roll: There are at least two reviewers who used footage from before our avatars got a body upgrade and scene polishes.

Youtuber Culture: Youtubers only have one goal, subscribers. Some youtubers do this by making "funny" videos with clever quips to slam the content. This leads me to believe they have no interest in making a better informed review. They would rather make fun of it for views. Because thats what is more important these days, how cleverly you can slam someone. Those are millenials making some of those reviews by the way.

Holding a grudge: Those same reviews are flooded with comments from players who were burned by the game a long time ago. They seem to be on a life-long mission to bolster every negative opinion. I understand that the devs don't want to fan the flames by trying to make a defense against those comments. It's possible they've already tried and don't have time for that. The game needs to put itself in the spotlight with more pros than cons, and I think they are definitely working on that.

I have high hopes for this game. I'm excited by the changes this release. More attention to the new player experience is needed. I'm sure the devs are watching those reviews.

18. Pikegirl

Pikegirl Avatar

Hi Vladimir, Pikegirl here~.

There is a slight problem with your quote. The phrase is "what you like about the game".

I'm guessing many wanted the game to become good given more time, allow the Devs to work on the foundation, so that they can talk about SotA in a positive light, rather than a bunch of mixed berries?

It's better to post a review when it is well deserved, rather than posting one just for the need to be heard.

When I create a game, it goes the same way too. I don't publicize it until I hit a breakthrough, or positive effort is put into making the game better, not solely monetary-wise.

Why bother in a forum until you see effort in the right direction? Work at it, allow your own community or the general public be the judge, they'll let you know when it's ready. If you can't please the majority of the niche crowd who kickstarted your project in the first place, then trust me, there is a problem.

Example: BATTLETECH launched in May as a niche TBS game, with a high learning curve and many niggling bugs during launch. Reviews were divisive on steam and forums, many not giving it a fair chance by advancing further into the mechanics and campaign.

I didn't care, because after extensive play, the game showed that it was built with a very clear goal in mind, which was to deliver a quality niche product for the Kickstarter backers. Given time, a big patch will be released and quell the naysayers. In this case, the Devs from HBS worked hard, pushing out patch 1.1 a week ago, solving all the community's demands (widescreen support, speed issues, memory lag, customisable difficulty etc) and made a good but flawed game great.

Reviews then got better, and now they are working on expanding the universe etc with the ship steadied.

So this begs the question: Maybe many don't want to defend the game yet, as they haven't seen anything much to prove otherwise?

Astirian, Dantuin, Hornpipe and 5 others like this.
  19. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

How so? I play the game with 3 clients open at time (usually 2). One @ 3/4 4K and 2 @ 3/4 1080p and I have no performance issues even if all 3 are in one of the biggest player made towns in the game. If you got problems you gotta fix your rig. Computer games 101 going back to playing Pools of Radiance in the late 80's on a computer. Keep up with the newer tech or you get washed out. I have literally on average owned a new computer every year of my life since the 80's to keep up with the latest games and the latest tech.

remember when the first Wing Commanders came out.. yup... I had to buy a new PC. When Win 95 came out, yup, I had to buy a new PC with 16 megs of ram... etc...etc...etc...

SOTA may not have "fancy" graphics but this concept of having 200,000 placibles in a zone is cutting edge on the market.

Stundorn likes this.
  20. mass

mass Avatar

That's an interesting, if disturbing, insight into current youth culture. I wonder how generalizable it is.

Astirian and Cordelayne like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.