How Will "Trackers" Be Prevented In PvP?

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Sir Tim, Apr 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir Tim

Sir Tim Avatar

I was reading that you have to flag for PvP. Anyone not flaged you can not fight. If you have to flag for PvP and a group comes along with a unflagged tracker… How is that fair?

If I beat their b**ts and my health is low and resources low and need to get heading back… how will you prevent an unflagged tracker from following us and keeping track of us till the gang we beat re-pools and comes back for us?

This is just another reason why I perfer two separate worlds that players can only one way transfer to the more difficult world(the PvP); where it's a PvP world and a non-PvP world.

2. Net

Net Avatar

Well, they will have hard time following you between zones. And you can go to PvP zone to get rid of them. But we have them already and so far there is not much you can do. You can use your own trackers though:)

3. TantX

TantX Avatar

Ghost cams and Youngs. Since they've talked about looting options, I wonder if a non-flagged character will be able to loot corpses to keep people from getting their spoils.

This likely won't be an issue in the Shardfall areas, but if it is elsewhere it'll make it annoying to do any PvP outside of Shardfalls without some adjustments to the "rights".

blaquerogue likes this.
  4. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Live in a PVP town. Players can't enter unless they accept the rules of the town or area.

This means that what you're asking for is not really a problem unless you're fighting in non-pvp areas. If you're worried about being 'tracked' by non-pvp people, just goto a pvp area - problem solved.

ThurisazSheol, Net, Atogrim and 2 others like this.
  5. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

There are many different kinds of PvP. The only place "trackers" could be an issue is open PvP (possibly guild vs guild). Shardfall, Full loot, siege, contested, arena all should be entrance = consent.

6. Thorin Strongarm

Thorin Strongarm Avatar

Part of the risk going into PvP areas.

Atogrim likes this.
  7. RDouglas

RDouglas Avatar

Question, if someone wants to attend a tourney/not be in it.... to show support for the game and community. Is this really a problem? tracker? not sure what that is about/bows.... but am not and never will be a PVP but like being a part of the fun and social interaction. So your saying that if I set up inside a pvp town my option is gone?.... will have to rethink my part in the game now. Not everyone who is pledged wants to hang heads on the fence. I want to play the game, quest, adventure and build community with all. Now my Husband might want to PVP so he will get his own account soon, but at no time would I risk my dev account or its treasures. Am a builder and a lover/smiles and waves...

8. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

In terms of actual tournaments I would imagine it would depend on the host. I don't think a PvP area will be required to host PvP based events but even if it is, there will probably be rules set up that will keep you safe.

That said though.. if you don't want to engage in PvP.. a PvP town probably won't be for you.

9. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

There has been hangout discussion to let the Arena Basements have the same functionality as the NPC Arenas, which is that only the area inside the arena is PvP while the areas for the audience isn't.

A tracker would be used in non-pvp zones, not flagged pvp, making them invulnerable. They would follow/spy on other crews and keeping tabs on them reporting over teamspeak or similar to the rest of the crew. Where the rest of the crew have flagged PvP.
    Basically giving an advantage by exploiting the invulnerability of non-flag.

Net likes this.
  10. marthos

marthos Avatar

I think that having trackers in this game will actually be really cool by providing people with an opportunity to perhaps make some coin by spying on one side in a guild war. I can see an organization of trackers, players who love the roguish/espionage lifestyle, keeping tabs on players typical movements and selling that information to enemy guilds to knock off the targets when they least expect it. This organization might know that your enemy guild leader has most of his wealth stored at the bank in Ardoris, so your guild could have a few guys hang around there preventing him from accessing that bank during the war. If I can get a list of all my enemies' most used banks, preferred farming/harvesting zones, and such it could really tip the balance of a guild war in my favor by ambushing their members when they least expect it. The organization with that information could become quite feared and wealthy. It could be a great way for non-PvPers to play a role in some high profile guild wars.

11. TantX

TantX Avatar

Unless they're not in the same instance. Or on an ignore list. Or playing FPO/SPO.

12. marthos

marthos Avatar

The key to good spies is not getting caught and ending up on the mark's ignore list, and during a guildwar, I have to imagine that FPO/SPO will be limited if not unavailable. Otherwise guild wars can become very boring very fast.

13. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

sounds like you just want to pvp in a pvp zone... ;) I'm 100% okay with this situation to allow pvp in non pvp environments. but if you don't like it then come to Vengeance and stay a while... you can kill all the trackers there ;)

14. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    get rid of the leaderboards so people do not know if you are in the zone. How can you be stealthy sneaky if people are expecting you. Save the leaderboards for the arenas.

15. TantX

TantX Avatar

So you're saying that spies in this game should be 90% or more meta than in-game? Ie, like EVE Online? I'm.. pretty sure the playerbase here can't handle that sort of meta. I've been watching the forums for awhile, and the mention of "Felucca" gets a lot of backers pulling out brown paper bags and breathing heavily to the count of ten.

Also, I haven't heard one way or another how SPO/FPO is going to be adjusted during guild wars and such. Since their banner on that matter is "Play how you want," I can't imagine they're going to change it much, if at all, in terms of limiting warring parties from switching to SPO/FPO and avoiding war and combat. That's speculation, of course, but based on the clientele they're after.

16. marthos

marthos Avatar

I'm not sure what you mean...spying would have to be done in-game. I'm not talking about real life stalking or anything like that!

I think that once a guild goes PvP, they shouldn't be able to select SPO or FPO until the war concludes. That's just my opinion though.

17. TantX

TantX Avatar

Meta means like infiltrating guilds, pretending to be other people to get into chat channels and the like. If you rely on just not getting caught in game with a primitive stealth system, it won't take long for anyone to catch you because of the simplistic nature of concealment in SotA.

18. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

I agree with this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.