How would you rate the launch?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rpgmaniac82, Mar 27, 2018.

?

How would you rate the launch?

1. 1 (worst)

34 vote(s)
    14.9%
  2. 2

8 vote(s)
    3.5%
  3. 3

18 vote(s)
    7.9%
  4. 4

18 vote(s)
    7.9%
  5. 5

32 vote(s)
    14.0%
  6. 6

10 vote(s)
    4.4%
  7. 7

27 vote(s)
    11.8%
  8. 8

30 vote(s)
    13.2%
  9. 9

24 vote(s)
    10.5%
  10. 10 (best launch ever)

27 vote(s)
    11.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cock of the North

Cock of the North Avatar

I upped my rating because double xp.

Chris, jammaplaya and Duke Gréagóir like this.
  2. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I had heard something about doubled XP last week, but I didn't realize it was a double XP event until I saw it on a login message. (I don't usually bother reading them because of bad contrast over the chat window transparency).

Just so everybody knows, it's a two-week double XP event, and it apparently works on everything except producer XP that isn't part of a general quest reward of XP. (you don't get it from harvesting, but I haven't checked straight-up crafting yet)

Spoon likes this.
  3. Albus

Albus Avatar

Launch was totally overwhelmed for me by the Travian migration issue ambush, which drove my rating here. Otherwise, what I did see of launch was very smooth, but "events" such as they were lacked announcement. The entire asteroid of impending doom hype was disappointing, in that it drove solely into PvP territory. If I were to exclude the Travian issue, I'd have been quite confused of how to rate this launch, very good in terms of smoothness but next to nothing in terms of "event" for the launch. I would call it an eventless launch in terms good (no issues, smooth launch! yay!) and bad (no events, nothing extra to launch vs. normal release). Launch need not be spectacular for me to enjoy the game itself, but that Travian issue really drove a stake through the heart on this one, will take awhile - and some good changes on that issue - to rebound on that one.

Almar, Mykll, Bow Vale and 2 others like this.
  4. Kain Darkmoor

Kain Darkmoor Avatar

From a technical perspective it was near flawless. It's just a shame that Port's typical bad PR and communication skills put a huge damper on the whole thing.

5. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I've rated it a 10, but this is mostly a technical review. The game's been in pretty good/stable shape for a while. I have had zero crashes since launch. This has never happened to me in any launch of any other software product ever. The amount of content available is good, and the state of the game is good.

There are issues, and bugs to be fixed, and features to be tweaked, sure, but in terms of what IS there and working....compared to other launches I've experienced this has gone amazingly well.

Numa, Spoon and Albus like this.
  6. Mapper

Mapper Bug Hunter

Why don’t you read my post before labelling me a troll. Don’t appreciate being put in that category when I have legitimate disappointments unrelated to gameplay.

Mykll likes this.
  7. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

This is exactly at what I got at earlier. Technically, no one can mention a better technical launch - as in we launched! Are there things we are all unhappy about and want changed? Sure, but that's to come in the future. R53 is 4/26/2018. And it sounds like they will be doing such releases for quite some time. :)

8. St Drahcir

St Drahcir Avatar

Game ran smooth for me and I had no issues what so ever. Love seeing all the new people running around.

9. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

10. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

Being able to download the client quickly and play the game (steam): 10
    Fast login queue: 10
    Meteors flashing through the sky, but no apparent "event" that creates the latest Shardfall, or a loading cinematic that introduces it: 0
    Ads like this:
    [​IMG]
    ...seriously, who grammar checked that first line?: 0

Overall: 5

FrostII and jammaplaya like this.
  11. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

Buy now you're wondering if it's really a grammatical error, or perhaps just some crude form of subliminal messaging.

Almar likes this.
  12. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

Wow, to be honest, I just typed my response after taking the poll. I didn't take the time to read ANY of the subsequent posts. I felt the launch was technically great. You felt otherwise, and I apologize for derailing the thread and causing you concern about being generalized and labeled in some category. I did not mean to minimize your personal feelings. I honestly felt that the question as it stood "How would you rate launch?" was from a more technical standpoint. I had no idea about the Travarian migration issues. So as a technical thing, that's valid, and certainly not invalidated by my opinion. My experience was a 10. Yours was a 1. That's fair, based on our own separate experiences, and our own separate opinions.

And I based my statements and opinion on my overall experiences with MMO launches: UO, EQ2, WoW, Matrix Online, City of Heroes, Warhammer Online, Age of Conan, Final Fantasy XIV (Reborn), Lord of the Rings Online, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Rift, Archeage, Neverwinter Online, Black Desert Online, and a slew of other MMO's. Each and every one I listed had horrible launches. I put my opinion up against my experience overall with other games. This was a 10 launch to me.

13. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

You, sir, win best meme of the day from me.

jammaplaya likes this.
  14. Snikorts

Snikorts Avatar

Worst release ever with 0 support for post soviet countries.

15. Irrehaare

Irrehaare Avatar

Mixed feelings. I supported the game during the initial Kickstarter campaign in 2013. Five years later I'm really excited to play it the first time. I feel like a child who got a new set of toys it is trying to understand how these work. This is a good thing. Sadly some areas definitely feel empty of content. I understand this is not supposed to be a mainstream, quest driven MMO, but if this is what I get when interacting with NPCs after five years of development, lets just say I expected more.

https://imgur.com/a/buxxr[​IMG]

What concerns me the most is what appears to be the low player population. I walked away from Resolute town a bit and I'm currently in Blackblade Foothills. Over the last two hours I literally met ONE player. The Steam playerbase stats look grim too. I understand a lot of people might be using the standalone SotA client, but I'm seriously concerned how this game is planning to survive. Especially now I hear you are planning to migrate the EU players to a EU server, which will further divide the tiny playerabase.

What kind of online daily numbers do we get right now? Few hundreds?

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
    Jens_T likes this.
  16. Snikorts

Snikorts Avatar

[QUOTE="I hear you are planning to migrate the EU players to a EU server, which will further divide the tiny playerabase.

[/QUOTE]

As far as I know there will be no server seperation. ATM we have IP redirection by location to third party developers with seperate website and item shop.

17. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

I moved up my vote.

I started a new avatar and my fiance is trying out the game as well...

She's really enjoying what she's seen so far. I think she might be interested in a full account soon... Maybe after the first set of quests are finished and we can start finding new gear with different looks for our characters.

18. Irrehaare

Irrehaare Avatar

As far as I know there will be no server seperation. ATM we have IP redirection by location to third party developers with seperate website and item shop.[/QUOTE]
    In that case I stand correct on that point. I'm glad to hear that.

19. Snikorts

Snikorts Avatar

In that case I stand correct on that point. I'm glad to hear that.[/QUOTE]
    I mean game server will remain same ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.