Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Huge performance drop or just me?

Discussion in 'Release 38 Feedback Forum' started by Lifedragn, Feb 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

Was playing pretty fine up to Wednesday. I was not on Thurs/Fri. Today when I log in the game is very choppy and jumpy. Makes it quite a bit harder to play. Already on Fastest settings under video. Anyone else seeing this or is my PC just going to crap?

2. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

Correction: Not just harder, almost impossible. The lag for trying to harvest or loot is pretty crazy and UI latency for targetting foes and activating glyphs is pretty severe.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  3. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

I played for several hours today and didn't notice anything but I didn't try and harvest.

4. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Any differences if you try different online mode?

5. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Not sure why but the last lil patch seemed to bring in a bit of desync in groups again. Least for us anyways.
    Loading times havnt changed for me, general performance not much differnt, but in group play there seems to be player lag.

6. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

I believe I found my issue! One of the patches caused my graphics settings to default shroud to my integrated graphics rather than my nvidia card. I usually check for large releases as they've done it in the past. It completely slipped my mind because smaller patches usually do not cause it and the last few big releases didn't either.

I should note this is not a unique thing for SotA. I have played other Unity games in the past that did the same behavior, so I am pretty sure it is a unity engine issue.

7. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Seems to be an nvidia thing.
    On both laptops I have to force the use of the nvidia card in the nvidia settings. Otherwise the laptop will try to use the on board card and only switch to the nvidia card when it's needed. Though that's a nice idea I so far still need to see a game where this actually works at all, lol.

8. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

Interesting. I've never had it occur on any games that were not Unity based. But I've also never had a laptop with an ATI card since Unity became popular. So it may be some Unity\Nvidia specific combination stuff going on.

9. Gix

Gix Avatar

For the past two releases, Ardoris has been horribly choppy... specifically if I turn my camera due south at the center of town.

10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I noticed, on Linux anyway, that the launcher was using a lot of CPU and having a negative affect on game performance. Once I launch the game, I close the launcher and the game performs better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.