Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

I am confused when starting a new game: Solace Bridge Outskirts

Discussion in 'Release 41 Dev+ Feedback Forum' started by Kara Brae, Apr 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Obviously, I have been playing SotA for ages, so I have no problems with the game mechanics, but simply relying on what I experience in the game as a new player, I find it confusing. My conclusion is that when leaving the starter scene at Solace Bridge, I should have been transported to the Solace Bridge Outskirts scene and not Soltown. Nothing that I have experienced makes sense if I visit Solace Bridge outskirts after running around Novia for days.

Optional description of what I experienced:
    I started a new offline game and chose the path of Love, starting out in the Battle of Solace Bridge. I rescued Charlotte Grey and took the boat to Soltown. I picked up some beginner quests in Soltown and ran off to the Perennial Trail to get the iron blade for Geof and the key for Bentley. I returned to Solace Bridge to kill zombies for Ashton.

All the while I was killing mobs, including wolves, that attacked me with only two glyphs in my hotbar: Heal and (I think) Aimed Shot.

I didn't notice any instructions on how to add other glyphs to my hotbar, but since I am an experienced player, I added the light spell, and after visiting the ranged trainer in Soltown, I added another archery glyph.

I visited Ardoris and visited Solace Bridge again to harvest cotton for the Soltown crafting quest.

After all this time, I decided to pay a visit to Solace Bridge Outskirts. While walking around there I killed a wolf, and suddenly a text appears on my screen congratulating me for killing my first enemy! It even added a journal entry saying:
    I faced and killed my first wolf today in this new world, in the aftermath of the massacre of Blood River.
    That of course, was not true. I also received a message in my chat window telling me that I haven't yet unlocked the ability to use combat decks. That on its own is confusing without further clarification.

2. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

You will be taken from Solace Bridge to Solace Bridge Outskirts next build.

Barugon and Kara Brae like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.