Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

I am fed up wth the lack of transparancy with how some of the systems are working or not

Discussion in 'Release 29 Feedback Forum' started by Weins201, May 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Specifically now I am talking about shields, we as players have to use what we are given - shileds add 10% fizzle when equipped but that is not even close to being true, and as a result some spells go a lot more than 150% increase and others around 15%

I am not a stupid man, actually quite intelligent, but this make me feel like a toddler. And frankly do not even care to try and work out bugs when the development team treats us like mushrooms.

I know the answer will be I do not see all the math - well get this then, do NOT show me 10% increase on an items if that is not true.

As for fizzle if it is that complicated then you either have to tell players - tough cookies / go pound sand OR give it all to us. Better give it all to us we are the one going to play and support the game today and into the future.

As for planning purposes we have to have all the information, If you hide it there is no point in even trying and you will just crush the will of the players. Especially since this is going to be a player driven economy - not one person is going to risk making things that they do not know how they affect them or others.

Spells / Fizzle Cast with out Shield / Fizzle Cast with Shield / Percent Increase

Ice Field / 51.7 / 59.7 / 15%
    Revel Hidden 5.2 / 13.2 / 153%
    Earth Quake / 5.2 / 13.2 / 24%
    Death ray / 39.7 / 52.2 / 31%

Like I said this is a joke and an insult to players, this mindset has to be fixed by this development team, it is NOT getting better it is getting worse, you are taking your players for fools.

The same lack affects, damage, hit chance, avoidance , absorption . . . . . . Who has a clue how spell damage and resistance works.

I know people are going to tell me "play the game" don't worry about all the numbers but I will not even bother to "play the game" if I make things that affect me in ways I cannot even fathom how they will affect me.

2. Noric

Noric Avatar

I understand some of the mechanics mentioned... but i support your general sentiment(in a slightly less frustrated manner).

3. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Let it be known that this post does not reflect the entire player community ;).

Tahru, Lord Baldrith, Retlaw and 6 others like this.
  4. Selene

Selene Avatar

Sounds like a bug.. and the earthquake numbers look wrong.

Maybe something to do with affinity?

In any case, it would be nice to be a little more clear on some mechanics.. On some matters it really feels like swinging a sword in the dark to figure out if something is working as intended.

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  5. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Try testing with a wooden shield (0 fizz). Possibly something to do with empty hands reducing fizz chance.

Leelu and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  6. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Nor does this one.

7. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

The 0 fizzle shield still gives me fizzle... 15% extra in fact.

This a straight additional 15% fizzle on every spells current fizzle, no difference that I can find yet.. just 15% fizzle extra.. which is of course, wrong based on the overlay given (shows no fizzle).

Triangle Shield, which I assume the OP used, gives even different results than the 15% holding it, and the 10% it says in the overlay.. my Follow Through skill must be mucking these values somewhere, as that skill does a -6% fizzle at my current level... there is much to this yet...

Last edited: May 9, 2016
    Ice Queen likes this.
  8. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I deduce, that anything in either hand will add 15%, so if holding the 0 fizzle shield, you will have 15% fizzle, hold a melee weapon as well, then it's 30% total, ON TOP of the spell fizzle shown in the spell overlay..

Ice Queen likes this.
  9. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I believe you made an error in your calculation as a result of my testing.. it is not a decrease of % of available fizzle for the spell, but an additional amount added to the fizzle.. so I believe the fizzle you are experiencing is correctly implemented (shows around an 8% increased fizzle, what is your level of Follow Through?). But I do agree we DO NEED MORE information from the devs, especially on whether things are really working correctly or not (or if the weird results are intended!). I've been in this situation many times, and agree 100%.

P.S. I believe he has me blocked lol if anyone cares to let him know these calculations.. feel free :)

Last edited: May 9, 2016
    Moonshadow and Ice Queen like this.
  10. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

This is actully a good example of the devs not sharing all the info with us.. I don't think there have ever been information regarding the default 15% fizzle added just for wearing a shield, or for a weapon in one hand. What is the fizzle for a two-handed weapon total? I mean, the total of fizzle advertised on the weapon PLUS the hidden fizzle for holding it?

Ice Queen likes this.
  11. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

It is a bit tricky to catch this if it's bugged. Is it intended that we're just meant to trust it during early access?

Ice Queen likes this.
  12. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

The info needed also is if the %'s add together or stack.

exmp: you have base 50 fizzle. and 2 equip with 15% on each.

50 x 30% = 15 = 65
    50 x 15% = 7.5 = 57.5 x 15% = 8.62 = 66.12

ext...

Albus likes this.
  13. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

We had this discussion in earlier releases, where we complained that we cannot test if the combat math works if we don't get to know it... People claimed it is more fun the other way... ^^

Ice Queen and FrostII like this.
  14. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

Im not saying they should divulge the info, but that is a system to test for and can be done. whether the percents add or stack.

15. Favonius Cornelius

Favonius Cornelius Avatar

Shields? The topic sounded promising, but you went with shields. :)

Fister Magee likes this.
  16. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

You do recall that Earth, Life and Sun magic get less fizzle due to heavy armor and shields compared to Moon, Death, and Air, right?

Remember the graphic Chris put up several years ago? Using shields affects fizzle for each school of magic differently.

While I'm sure there still needs to be some balancing done, this is a design direction that has been a part of this game for the life of the game.

Just in case yall forgot:

Last edited: May 10, 2016
  17. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

10% fizzle penalty is a bigger penalty than 5%. So if i want less penalty i take the 5% thing.

They told us that some skill trees are impacted more by fizzle than others. Earth, life, water arent as impacted while fire, death, and air are

18. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Playing the game is an important part of testing it as well.

Noric likes this.
  19. Wodin Folkvardr

Wodin Folkvardr Avatar

Do you have a source where you got that info from; I actually wasn't aware of this but that would be good information to know. I just figured all armor types reflected paralleled fizzle chances without any behind the curtain modification to the numbers. Certain armors having stronger negative effects on specific spell trees kind of lean towards a "class" system (Plate Armor air mage is not viable but a Plate armor healer would be) which seems to be the opposite of what everyone else has been boasting.

Just curious

~Woden

Fister Magee likes this.
  20. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Its something they talked a whole lot about earlier on. Armor wasnt giving enough fizzle so it was changed to do so.

Its still very much a classless system, but taking only the highest damage stuff in the game while also taking the heaviest defence is not balance cuz everyone would build the same character. Diversity is important.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.