Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

I am not enjoying this game

Discussion in 'Release 26 Feedback Forum' started by Sophi, Feb 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

While the direction of the discussion is going toward a productive path, can we start a new thread with a better title to continue with the discussion? At this point, @RichardGarriott already acknowledge the feedback from the OP and will look into it.

Just my 2 cents :)

2. Womby

Womby Avatar

We have already seen the importance of user content: Avatars radio, gust balls, etc. The more tools that Portalarium provides, the greater the user contribution.

So, what am I pleading for specifically? Something trivially easy to implement. As a POT owner I want to be able to place books and notes anywhere in my POT. On this simple foundation I can create all sorts of quests and visual stories.

For example you will be able to wander through the forest and find a skeleton with a diary lying on the ground nearby. This could start you on a quest to various locations where other clues can be found, ultimately leading to a chest with... Oh, I forgot to mention. Can we have a "take one item per player" option for geocache chests?

That would be awesome. :)

3. Dirk Hammerstrike

Dirk Hammerstrike Avatar

"I'm reaaaaally hopeful I'll be able to enjoying this game" ?

Malcipher, Sophi and 4EverLost like this.
  4. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Bzzzzt.

Expert or even master stations can also be found in adventure scenes.
    Epitaph comes to mind. Soltown Sewers etc. the coolest one being GM forge.

5. Womby

Womby Avatar

Didn't they mention that it will be possible to craft better tools and tables than the current "best" that we can own?

6. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Yes. Several times. Also with emergent properties like the combat gear.

But since it is not explicitly mentioned in the pre-post persistance schedule then we don't know exactly for when it is planned.

7. agra

agra Avatar

Good news for all the pure crafters. ;)

Bluefire, Doctor and Sophi like this.
  8. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

Well, given the existence of hilt, I'd guess that at least for a blacksmith, you most likely would not be able to be a pure crafter in that sense. Game wants to have you go in to an adventure scene (with a bunch of other players if you can't solo it) to craft those eventually available obsidian stuff from the sounds of it.

Ice Queen, Doctor, Sophi and 2 others like this.
  9. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Unless you are Themo you will always need a group.
    Also that is actually somewhat good news for a dedicated crafter.
    It means that there is some thought to getting groups of fighters and crafters to join up and do stuff together.

10. Sophi

Sophi Avatar

So start a new thread hon! :)
    I was just giving my honest opinion of the state of things. I've been really surprised and overwhelmed by the community response - it's good to know others are feeling this way, and also that the dev team is listening to us!

But for sure - if you feel like starting a discussion thread that has a more positive thread title I certainly don't mind at all, go right ahead!
    :)

Luca Xante, Gaelis, Acred and 6 others like this.
  11. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

LOL well said, my sentiments exactly....

12. Phydra

Phydra Avatar

Personally, I'd love to see a system (perhaps linked with karma system) that flags a thief who fails their stealth roll or takes items flagged by their owner as "important".

This would allow you to create a REVENUE STREAM on selling the little magical flag that, when used on [something i own] makes it steal-proof.

Leaderboards for master thieves should be encouraged. Dungeons/scenes requiring stealth (as part of a group OR as an anti-mechanic) CAN be accessed by those without it, but you're really not going to have much fun. (evil grin)

Expand the above idea to every class in the game (i.e., blades, polearms, etc just as well as magic-fire, magic-water, etc).

Hell, make meta games within each sub-line or on combos that render a temporary buff to X for that kill:

- use [combo-bb2] to add 50% money to loot table of this kill.
    - use [combo-bx4] to add 50% more harvesting yield on this harvest.
    - use [combo-0icu812] to add 50% more physical drops OR 50% more physical drop quality for this kill.

Oh, then, well, you sell versions with timers on them.

Then versions with 2-on combinations.

Then versions with 2-on and timers.

Then versions with 3-on combinations, etc etc etc.

Or hell, go back to the top and make that start at 5% and milk it all the way up to 100% (with suitably epic level achievements also required for getting 100%).

So many ways to make money in the continuum between "convenience" and "endurance" as their respective community's culture define them. (My best friend thanks me every day that I use my powers for good and not evil. Let this be one example of the deviousness I could deliver; of course, hidden far better and focused more on persona interests. **waggles eyebrows at you**)

@dallas

13. Svahn

Svahn Avatar

I like the crafting and gathering system that Guild Wars 2 has.
    Wouldn't mind if the devs looked to that for inspiration.

4EverLost and Sophi like this.
  14. Karuson

Karuson Avatar

I would like to see, Group crafting. Like how i need 2 hides to make 2 leathers. I just put all i have in the craft box. and it puts a timer on it. say i put in 100 hides, timer would be like 15 mins. The other problem, i hate how u can lose stuff if you miss the take all. i crafted a item, and clicked the recipe to soon and lost it.

15. agra

agra Avatar

As long as they never even consider diminishing returns, agreed.

Ahuaeynjgkxs, Chatele and 4EverLost like this.
  16. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

Yea that's a fun thing to do, I remember me and a friend wrote a Mod for minecraft that allowed us to do that.
    Had to have it, to make the rpg world we created. Ussed em in a lot of different ways.
    Quests/puzzles ext. I miss the dungeons I made like an Aztec temple that lend underground to a jumping puzzle that used pistons and had moving parts, but Ill move on lol.

Its not entirely hard to code, but it requires some other "mods/code" to perform, and One of those systems we are about to get!!!

Interactive Loggers.

Basicly to work on a fundamental level, the chest needs to beable to record who opens the chest and when. So that you cant just keep open/closing the chest to re-get the item. it needs to log the event then keep a record.
    We were then able to code a timer associated with this, so that you could have "repeatable" quests, like jump courses.
    We could set a time duration, based on individual timers for players, that their time would reset and would beable to do the quest again.
    So its possible to add a money or item reward to these, but they would have to add code for that as well since we cant put money in chests.

So it would be tricky but they could do this for all public chests or make a specific chest for this type of thing.

-duel inven of public chests, storage and distributable (storage only accessible to owner)
    -each item in storage can have a custom distribute amount per person (exp: put in 60 cotton in storage, set distribute to 2 per person)
    -chest logs who/when opened
    -can set an amout of time that it can be reopened and attained. (never or in hour/min increments)

:)

Ahuaeynjgkxs, Sophi and Womby like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.